Start by marking “Tidal Wave (Forces of Nature, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tidal Wave (Forces of Nature, #1)

Tidal Wave (Forces of Nature #1)

This version of the book is Out Of Print. New version released August 2016.
The story/content remains the same.

----

Slippery when wet

Forces of Nature, Book 1

From her first kiss to her first sight of dolphins dancing on the waves, Alexia Colten has always held a special place in her heart for Jaffrey s Cove. Now that she s back to help her grandmother settle into a home, she
Published July 21st 2009 by Samhain Publishing (first published July 18th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Tidal Wave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tidal Wave

Tracy
Oct 16, 2010 Tracy rated it really liked it
~* 3.5 Stars *~
Alexia Colton had spent every summer since she was fourteen visiting her grandmother in the charming seaside town of Jaffrey's Cove, until adulthood and the need to work kept her away. She loves the ocean, and always felt a sense of peace and home there, and was always enchanted by the dolphins that often play in the surf just off the shore. When her grandmother, a once strong and vibrant woman, now feeble and needing help to move into an assisted living facility, calls Alexia sou
Diane Dannenfeldt
Jul 23, 2014 Diane Dannenfeldt rated it it was amazing
This was a pretty good quick light read. Lots of smoking sex. I did finish it off in one night. Would have liked a little more suspense, but over all I did enjoy it. Off to read the next one :)
Dee
This was a new to me author and my first foray into 'water' shifters, and what a delightful read.

I loved the characters and enjoyed Gram's down to earth manner. The world building was wonderful and the ménage scenes exquisite!!
Elizabeth
Jan 12, 2017 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy hotness

This novel kept me in an aroused state through the whole novel. It also had a great plot with menfolk abound. I kind of wish there was a bit more history about the folk and how everything came about, but sometimes we just need a read a sexy novel to take our brain away from the present. The next novel looks pretty awesome too. Definitely a recommendation for anyone who craves the two guys and a girl trio, no man on man action :).
Lori Feldpausch
Mar 19, 2017 Lori Feldpausch rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great sci-fi read!!

Wow! Very realist read. Enjoyed the story & how things came together. Looking forward to reading the next book. Hopefully buy it soon!!
Will Decker
Oct 05, 2016 Will Decker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well written erotic short-story of paranormal love based around a pod of shape-shifting dolphins. The pace is steady as it climbs toward a climactic conclusion of graphic ménage à trois romance. The characters, despite their shape shifting, paranormal existence are well developed and believable. This made for a nice afternoon delight as it's short enough to read in one sitting. A good beginning to an erotic series.
MaggieReadsRom

Memorable Scenes:
- The flashback scene to when Alexia first meets Joshua > so sweet and endearing

Alexia Colten is a city girl but she has always been drawn to the sea and dolphins. It turns out this is not without reason. She is the Keeper, holder of the medallion and the heart of the merfolk and the next matriarch and leader of the merfolk pod in Jaffrey Cove. Alexia has a sense of humor and a sense of justice. There’s also a simmering sensuality and a backbone beneath the shy, r
Habrewer
Dec 02, 2010 Habrewer rated it really liked it
Tidal Wave is set in the small seaside town of Jaffrey’s Cove where the majority of the residents are merfolk. Alexia’s grandmother is the leader of the pod but she’s tired and ready to pass the task on to Alexia. She gives her a beautiful necklace but doesn’t reveal the medallion’s secrets to Alexia.

Alexia has spent her summers in Jaffrey’s cove for years and has always felt connected to it. Now she is back to help her grandmother get settled into a new home. She is drawn to the sea but doesn’t
Larissa
Jun 22, 2010 Larissa rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal Erotica Lovers!
Recommended to Larissa by: Vivian Arend
Shelves: to-review
One word that describe this story… HOT!

I am a huge fan of Vivian Arend’s Granite Lake Werewolves series and was really excited when she sent me this other one of hers. Specially since it is about a new sort of shifter and from the blurb I could see that a lot of hotness was to be had hehe

The Forces of Nature is about Merfolk, men and women that shift into dolphins. How freaking cool is that? I love dolphins and it was great to read about a different kind of mythology, ona that I hadn’t seen befo
Darcy
May 29, 2012 Darcy rated it really liked it
I am really coming to love this author, I like how she picks animals not normally picked as shifters and how the heroes of the stories aren't always alpha males. This story continues in that vein.

I really liked Alexia, she was thrown into an odd situation with no warning and I thought she did well with it, especially as so much of it went against what she knew.

I loved the idea of dolphin shifters and how their community was centered around one person, the keeper, and how she choose her consort
Sandy
I enjoyed this story - it was unique! Alexia Colten used to visit her grandmother in Jaffrey's Cove when she was young. She's been called back to help her grandmother move, but instead of finding a frail, old woman, Alexia is introduced to a secret society of merfolk she never knew existed. And she's a big part of it! Joshua Marley has loved Alexia since they were teens and wants to play an important role in her new life - as do his brothers! This book was very different, with hot shifter dolphi ...more
Jackie
M/F/M menage paranormal erotic romance with the unique twist that the characters the story centers around are dolphin shifters.

Have not read a merfolk tale in a long while and this one was filled with interesting bits and pieces of lore concerning these particular shifters.

As first book in the series it also firmly established Alexia, Anthony and Joshua in their positions as the new leader and her chosen male lovers.
Lenore Kosinski
Dec 07, 2012 Lenore Kosinski rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
3.5 stars -- GAH! Stupid review got deleted again...it was my fault, but it's still annoying. This was a hot little read. Great naughty scenes. LOVED Anthony. Joshua was on and off...I loved him in the beginning, but then I was a little bit less sure about him. He was still a good guy, but just more wishy washy or something. I think it needed more backstory, or more fleshing out...or just...something. I don't know. It left me not quite satisfied.

On a side note, it was extremely surreal to read t
Chrystal Roe
Nov 07, 2016 Chrystal Roe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Who knew the ocean and it's inhabitants could be so hot. Meet a young lady with a secret she doesn't even know. Then meet the men who help her figure it all out. I'm surprised the water didn't all turn to steam .
Summer
Dec 28, 2010 Summer rated it really liked it

******
If you liked this book you may enjoy the following groups:
Erotic Enchants Group
Menage Readers Group
Cindy
This is the first dolphin shifter book I've encountered but boy did I like it! Sure you think about dolphins being very intelligent but when you start to think that they are shifting from humans and you have those emotions and feelings from their human side - mmm mmm good!

Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
Whew! So much steam tied up in one short book! Shifting Mer-people are a new genre for me as well. Tying a little dolphin biology into the story just made it that much more s3xy.

Short, sweet, erotic and paranormal. There you go. Enjoy!
Emma
Jul 10, 2010 Emma rated it it was amazing
Absolutely LOVED it!
Tricia
May 18, 2012 Tricia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, menage
First book in the Forces of Nature Series by Vivian Arend. Definitely a fun read. Caught myself laughing several times. A very enjoyable book.
Tammy
Apr 30, 2016 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New and good

I liked how you tied this up so good , on the edge waiting to read the next line thanks
Daphne
Oct 10, 2010 Daphne rated it liked it
Shelves: own, 2010, kindle
It was good, but not as good as her Wolves of Granite Lake series. This book felt like it could have benefited from a little more polishing. I liked the dolphin aspect, though.
Brittany
May 05, 2013 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: menage
I really loved this book!! I love a book that will make me laugh and this book just brings a smile to your face. I cannot wait to read more from this author!!
Cari Sims-burks
Cari Sims-burks rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2016
Mariana Bezerra
Mariana Bezerra rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2011
Meaghan
Meaghan rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2013
Christine
Christine rated it did not like it
Mar 06, 2017
BAG
BAG rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2015
Tracy
Tracy rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2013
Jolene
Jolene rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2016
Candy
Candy rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2010
  • Fallon's Flame (Dawn Endeavor #1)
  • Half Hearts
  • Hybrid Misfit
  • Light My Fire
  • Raising the Stakes (Three of a Kind, #2)
  • Bitten in the Bayou ( Stormy Weather, #2)
  • A Matter Among Four
  • Texas Tangle (Tangled #1)
  • One Weekend
  • Escaped (Running In Fear, #1)
  • Between Tooth and Paw
  • Trinity (de La Vega Cats #1)
  • Becoming Three (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #6)
  • Keeper of the Light (Wicked River, #1)
  • Jessica’s Wolves (Wolf Masters, #3)
  • Something More
  • Tequila Sunset (Last Call #4.5)
  • Jeweled (Court of Edaeii, #1)
With over 2 million books sold, Vivian Arend is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over 50 contemporary and paranormal romance books, including the Six Pack Ranch and Granite Lake Wolves.

Her books are all standalone reads with no cliffhangers. They're humorous yet emotional, with sexy-times and happily-ever-afters. Vivian pretty much thinks she's got the best job in the world, an
More about Vivian Arend...

Forces of Nature (2 books)
  • Whirlpool (Forces of Nature Book 2)