Start by marking “The Power of Flow: Practical Ways to Transform Your Life with Meaningful Coincidence” as Want to Read:

Imagine feeling as though the world is working with you, not Àagainst you. Imagine a day in which you make every green light and slip effortlessly into a parking spot in the most crowded part of town. You make a To Do list, and the people on it call you first. You turn on the radio just in time to hear the exact information you need. These meaningful coincidences, called s ...more
Published July 21st 1998 by Harmony

To ask other readers questions about The Power of Flow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power of Flow

J
May 17, 2011 J rated it did not like it
Shelves: pop-psych
Despite its sub-title, I did not buy this book as a "how-to" guide. Rather, I bought it to read more about what Carl Jung described back in the 1920's. Nine decades have passed and, judging from what "Flow" has to say about the topic, it seems little to no progress on the subject has been made regarding the study of intuition and, or synchronicity.

The premise of this book is that we can radically alter our lives by relying more consistently on intuition and remaining receptive to possibilities.
Terrie
May 18, 2009 Terrie rated it it was amazing
The first part of this book talks about flow and gives lots of examples of people who live by flow. The second part is filled with lots of exercises for ways to increase flow. As soon as I finished reading it, I started it all over again. Very inspirational.
Shirley
May 06, 2008 Shirley rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
One of my earliest introductions to trusting intuition. Some excellent exercises to get the "flow" going.
Rubina
Sep 17, 2012 Rubina rated it liked it
"Flow is the natural, effortless unfolding of life which moves us towards whole ness and harmony" as defined by Charlene Belitz. In this book, she shares techniques to cultivate flow. When we are connected, aware and accepting of the currents of the river of life our stress, struggles and uncertainty drop away, and our joy, peace, satisfaction and happiness increases.

Flow is marked by synchronicity and fortuitous events. Carl Jung's definition of synchronicity is the coming together of inner and
Randy Sisenstein
Apr 18, 2016 Randy Sisenstein rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book. I am very appreciative that this book introduced synchronicity to me. This book covers so much and can really be a great tool.
Mary
May 17, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing
Love this book must read again when feeling out of the flow...
Pam
Oct 16, 2008 Pam added it
Great read, it is amazing what coincidences are really meant to be!
Mckinley
Feb 11, 2015 Mckinley rated it did not like it
While lots of their topics are good I didn't like the 'laws of attraction' mash onto 'flow' slant to this book.

See: Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by M.
Csikszentmihalyi
Mariam Mortaza
Feb 07, 2008 Mariam Mortaza rated it it was amazing
A positive message of understanding, accepting and LOVING the life you live! Not trying to FORCE, CONTROL or PREDICT your LIFE, rather living in it the BEST you know how!
Cathy
Mar 11, 2013 Cathy rated it really liked it
I liked this very much. Lots of food for thought.
Jazzy
Sep 15, 2013 Jazzy rated it it was ok
Not what I was expecting. Didn't delve into topics the way I was hoping
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2016
Bill
Bill rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2012
Renee Lascala
Renee Lascala rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Zoe
Zoe rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2009
Aimzz
Aimzz rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2008
Lara
Lara rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2013
Shawna
Shawna rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2011
Candice Carpenter
Candice Carpenter rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2012
Annie
Annie rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2013
Pamela Brody
Pamela Brody rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2007
Regina
Regina rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2010
David
David rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2010
Amy Koren
Amy Koren rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2013
Evan
Evan rated it it was ok
Dec 14, 2013
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2014
Maralyne Ullerich
Maralyne Ullerich rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2016
Saad Abbas
Saad Abbas rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Shelby
Shelby rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Successful Intelligence: How Practical and Creative Intelligence Determine Success in Life
  • Gifted Grownups: The Mixed Blessings of Extraordinary Potential
  • World Enough & Time: On Creativity and Slowing Down
  • The Gifted Adult: A Revolutionary Guide for Liberating Everyday Genius
  • The Slow Fix: Solve Problems, Work Smarter and Live Better in a World Addicted to Speed
  • Slowing Down to the Speed of Life: How To Create A More Peaceful, Simpler Life From the Inside Out
  • Living with Intensity
  • This Time I Dance!: Creating the Work You Love
  • Social Psychology
  • The Psychology of Wealth: Understanding Your Relationship with Money and Achieve Prosperity
  • Composing a Further Life: The Age of Active Wisdom
  • Slow Food: The Case for Taste (Arts and Traditions of the Table)
  • Jump...And Your Life Will Appear: An Inch-by-Inch Guide to Making a Major Change
  • Living Deeply: The Art  Science of Transformation in Everyday Life
  • Developing Intuition: Practical Guidance for Daily Life
  • Slow is Beautiful: New Visions of Community, Leisure and Joie de Vivre
  • Extraordinary Minds: Portraits Of 4 Exceptional Individuals And An Examination Of Our Own Extraordinariness (Masterminds (Paperback))
  • Holy Listening: The Art of Spiritual Direction

“Courage does not require rappelling across rocky cliffs but rather, day in and day out, overcoming our fears by stepping outside our personal comfort zone, following our intuition, and making ourselves available to the larger plan. It means we transcend our limited self-definitions to be open to new information and stretch beyond the way we’ve always done things in the past. It means we listen within and sometimes turn left when everyone else seems to be going right. It allows us to risk ridicule to create something new, or to risk rejection when we are being true to our sense of what’s right.” 0 likes