Start by marking “My Big Fat Secret: How Jenna Takes Control of Her Emotions and Eating” as Want to Read:
My Big Fat Secret: How Jenna Takes Control of Her Emotions and Eating

My Big Fat Secret: How Jenna Takes Control of Her Emotions and Eating

2.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  8 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
With the help of her good friends, family, teachers, and counselor, Jenna learns how to take control of her emotional eating and feel better about herself. Through a series of e-mails between Jenna and her family and friends, readers see Jenna learn how to create an action plan to stop overeating, deal with her emotions, take better care of her body and mind, and feel like ...more
Published September 1st 2009 by Magination Press (first published June 28th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about My Big Fat Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Big Fat Secret

Carrie
This is a simple story told through email entries between Jenna and several other people in her life - friends and family. Through the correspondence we learn of Jenna's struggle with obesity and how she gets the help she needs to overcome it. I think this book would be most appealing to ages 10-12 and it doesn't get bogged down with details. Good for those who need to be more understanding of those with weight problems as well as those with weight problems, themselves.
Tiffany
Definitely didactic but I believe it has its place on the school counselor shelf. Girls struggling with their weight that want to change might just find some of the answers they are needing if they want to change. It is pretty boring even if the author tried to make it more interesting through the use of emails.
Karen
This could appeal to some kids struggling with their weight, especially since it is written as a series of emails. It reads quickly and is pretty realistic. Both Jenna's parents and the school counselor are portrayed as supportive.
SmallFryB
SmallFryB rated it did not like it
Jan 19, 2016
Tracy
Tracy added it
Sep 06, 2015
Trinity
Trinity rated it it was ok
Oct 03, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Deborah Miller
Deborah Miller marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Courtenay
Courtenay rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2014
Elham
Elham marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Kary
Kary marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2013
Niki (Daydream Reader)
Niki (Daydream Reader) marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2013
Western Allegheny
Western Allegheny rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2011
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2011
Belle
Belle marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2010