Start by marking “The Story of the Grail and the Passing of Arthur” as Want to Read:
The Story of the Grail and the Passing of Arthur

The Story of the Grail and the Passing of Arthur

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  107 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Time honored retelling of the Arthurian legends, including the adventures of Sir Galahad and the pursuit of the Holy Grail, as well as the last days of King Arthur — his attack on Sir Launcelot, fatal battle with Sir Mordred, and final journey to Avalon. Enhanced with 39 rich illustrations.
Published December 8th 1992 by Dover Publications (first published January 1st 1909)

To ask other readers questions about The Story of the Grail and the Passing of Arthur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Story of the Grail and the Passing of Arthur

Jim
May 05, 2010 Jim rated it it was amazing
One of the best retellings of the Matter of Britan. This may be a "childrens" book, but it is better written then a lot of "adult" book I've read.

Only complaint is that Galahad is a bloody bore. But then Galahad is always a bloody bore, so this can't be helped.

All 4 book togeterh should be read by anybody who wants to read about the arthurian stories.
Logan
Jan 28, 2014 Logan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked Pyle's books, and especially this version because I typeset and published it :)
Oct 21, 2011 Sarah rated it it was amazing
The Story of The Grail and the passing of Arthur is the fourth book of the King Arthur series. I've only read a short bit of it and I think it is an amazing book I've read. I read the first or second book called KING ARTHUR and his Knights and it was outstanding. I think you should about King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table. The characters are really brave in this book, and the Knights are also at King Arthur side at the Round Table.
Paul
Jan 23, 2016 Paul rated it really liked it
The first half of the book regarding the quest for the holy grail isn't very exciting. It's kind of anti-climactic really. The second half of the book is filled with many betrayals and battles and is a more engaging read.
Chris Whisonant
This was a fun book to read. I definitely wish I had read more of the Arthurian Tales previously. I hope to get the previous 3 books in Pyle's series. The illustrations are nice as well.
Denise Reddick
Denise Reddick rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
The Docta
The Docta marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Rebekah Grace
Rebekah Grace rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
William Derischebourg
William Derischebourg marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
James
James rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2016
JULIETT
JULIETT marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Kareem Youssef
Kareem Youssef marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Ptree
Ptree added it
Mar 10, 2016
Tree
Tree marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Eva Szosz
Eva Szosz rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
D. Fackelman
D. Fackelman marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Maria Lang
Maria Lang rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2016
Jose
Jose marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
C.A.
C.A. marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Raluca Georgescu
Raluca Georgescu marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Mandy
Mandy added it
Feb 10, 2016
Khai
Khai marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
stephen
stephen marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Chandra  Fry
Chandra Fry marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
  • The Boy's King Arthur: Sir Thomas Malory's History of King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table
  • The Serpent and the Grail (Arthor, #4)
  • The Wanderings of Odysseus: The Story of "The Odyssey"
  • Lancelot Du Lethe
  • The Golden Fleece and the Heroes Who Lived Before Achilles
  • Legends of Valor (The Enchanted World Series)
  • King Arthur
  • Merlin's Mirror
  • The Quest for Merlin
  • The Book of the Sword (Hallowed Isle, #1)
  • Merlin's Bones
  • The Arthurian Legends
  • King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table
  • Merlin's Ring
  • The Lion Hunter (The Lion Hunters, #4)
  • Beloved Exile (Firelord, #2)
  • The Death of King Arthur
  • More Celtic Fairy Tales
Howard Pyle was an American illustrator and author, primarily of books for young people.

During 1894 he began teaching illustration at the Drexel Institute of Art, Science and Industry (now Drexel University), and after 1900 he founded his own school of art and illustration named the Howard Pyle School of Illustration Art. The term Brandywine School was later applied to the illustration artists an
More about Howard Pyle...