Start by marking “Easy Spanish Reader” as Want to Read:
Easy Spanish Reader

Easy Spanish Reader

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Learn how to read in Spanish--starting right now!

"Easy Spanish Reader" is a unique, easy-to-follow guide based on the premise that the best way to learn a language is to start reading it immediately! Whether you're a brand-new beginner or an advanced-beginning learner, this new edition gives you ways to dive into the language with engaging readings that progress in difficu
Paperback, Abridged, 208 pages
Published October 8th 2003 by McGraw-Hill (first published September 17th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Easy Spanish Reader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Easy Spanish Reader

Hilary Bush
I feel like it served its purpose for me (new vocab and getting used to reading). I think I liked the last part best, but I'm also studying Literature. I got this because I'm doing Spanish on Duolingo and wanted something to use to continue practicing outside of the app.
Ashley Leader
Look at me, being all studious, working on my es-pan-yole in the summer.
Honey
Sep 29, 2008 Honey rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People learning Spanish
This book is good for beginners. It starts with a basic story that's very easy to read with questions at the end of each chapter. It progresses to get more and more challenging. There are three sections, the first one is a simple story about two students, the second section was about the history of Mexico, and the third section was a shortened version of a famous piece of mexican literature. I found this book very interesting at first but as it went on, I lost interest. The history of Mexico sec ...more
reed
I taught myself Spanish with this book when I was ten years old. There are no grammar explanations or exercises, just basic readings with short vocabulary lists for each one.

I found a copy of the new revised edition (1964) in a used bookstore. It is, as you might imagine, pretty racist and sexist, and the Spanish it teaches is pretty formal and old-fashioned. But I've never found a better way of learning a language - I wish I could find the same sort of book for other languages!
Wraith Tate
By the time I got to the last section of this book, there was very little that I could actually understand. However, I was pleased to find out that I actually have a larger Spanish vocabulary than I thought I did.

Hopefully, if I actually manage to stick with trying to learn Spanish, in the future I might be able to go through this book and understand a little more.
Mark
This book was an excellent resource for my personal studies in Spanish. I loved the way the vocabulary and verb tenses progressed throughout the text. It greatly improved my reading ability in Spanish. I highly recommend this book.
Docta
Jun 16, 2012 Docta is currently reading it
Great book. After years of struggling I found this book. Reading Spanish has helped me tremendously. I read better than I speak, but hey, I also speak better than I did before I found this book.
Doug
I'm a beginner, but I jumped into this anyway. Great help for my style of learning.
Irena
Jul 01, 2011 Irena is currently reading it
yayyyyyyyyy finished summer homework for this ^_^
Heidi Pack
Heidi Pack marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Moriartyandherbooks
Moriartyandherbooks marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Scott Lyons
Scott Lyons marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Gareth
Gareth added it
Nov 11, 2014
T.
T. marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Ahmed Albasha
Ahmed Albasha marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Preston Carter
Preston Carter marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Josh Gorczynski
Josh Gorczynski marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Derin
Derin added it
Aug 28, 2014
Henoc
Henoc marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Easy Spanish Reader w/CD-ROM: A Three-Part Text for Beginning Students (Easy Reader Series) Easy Spanish Reader Don Quixote (Don Quijote de la Mancha) Dos Novelas Picarescas Asi Leemos!: A Multilevel Spanish Reader