Start by marking “First Strike (Rich and Jade, #4)” as Want to Read:
First Strike (Rich and Jade, #4)

First Strike (Rich and Jade #4)

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  180 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
British twins Rich and Jade are once again thrown into danger as they try to help their spy father, John Chance, save the President of the United States from a radical group holding the White House hostage and attempting to steal the nation's nuclear launch codes.
Published May 1st 2009 by Harper Collins Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about First Strike, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Strike

Spirit Bound by Richelle MeadThe Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth ScottBefore I Fall by Lauren OliverLinger by Maggie StiefvaterSomething Like Fate by Susane Colasanti
2010 YA novels (part 1)
98th out of 126 books — 253 voters
Stormbreaker by Anthony HorowitzI'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterPoint Blank by Anthony HorowitzScorpia by Anthony HorowitzEagle Strike by Anthony Horowitz
Spy Kids
210th out of 234 books — 469 voters

More lists with this book...

James21
Mar 24, 2015 James21 rated it really liked it
I found the book First Strike by Jack Higgins with Justin Richards at my school library and decided to give it a try. I read one chapter and I knew that I would like this book. The first chapter grabbed my attention when a woman tried to murder a man.
This fiction book is written in the first person. The book takes place in a couple of locations but most of the action occurs at the White House. Rebels are trying to obtain nuclear missiles in order to attack China. When the rebels can`t secure
Rebecca
I have really enjoyed this set of books about the Chance twins and their SAS father and this one was no exception. It was fast paced as all Jack Higgins tend to be and a quick and easy read.

Being an adult what I especially liked is though the teenagers are a key part of the story the action is actually done by the adults so this tends to make the stories more believable.

My mum also read these books as she is a fan like me of Jack Higgins adult books and she also enjoyed it showing that these boo
Andries M
Feb 18, 2016 Andries M rated it really liked it
Andries Mechling
2/17/16

I read First Strike by Jack Higgins. The book was awesome. It was an action packed mystery filled with spies. The action moved from China to Washington D.C. The story follows the life of Rich and Jade who are twins and their dad whose name is Chase who is an American spy. The Chinese rebels are trying steal something (which makes it a mystery) from the United States. The action includes fighting, guns, and special forces, and Chinese Rebels.

What I liked about the book is t
Joe
Oct 14, 2014 Joe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First strike is a book by Jack Higgins. He puts a lot of action and things that make you want to keep on reading into his writing. The whole book is about a spy based story. The story starts when a friend ,Ralph tells the twins and their father that their is a chance of a nuclear threat Among theThis nuclear threat has millions of lives at risk! They must figure out who is creating the threat and stop them before they put everyone to death. Many people would love to read this book because of the ...more
An Odd1
Jan 22, 2014 An Odd1 rated it did not like it
Starts on wrong foot when Harry Patterson is author credited by small print inside. Improbabilities follow and compound. Mindless fast action tumbles over glitches, renders them less noticeable. For example, to mime hunger should be easy "had no idea" p 53. Recognition fades instantly "he thought no more about it" p 119.

British Intelligence agent John Chance and his twin teens Jade and Rich sneak around against Chinese-backed villains. In England, Colonel Shu shoots potential informant Ralph. U
Michael Hendron
Sep 30, 2015 Michael Hendron rated it it was amazing
I think this book is a really good book! I like how the author takes time and explains the characters and their backgrounds. My favorite character is Jade. Jade was one of the most important characters. Jade is in every chapter. My favorite part in the book is when Jade and Chang snuck into the white house to steal the football. But then the secret serves caught them and kicked them out. But chang made a brake for airplanes. Chang was being chased by the Russian Airforse and then the chines but ...more
Jacob Sawyer
Apr 16, 2015 Jacob Sawyer rated it it was amazing
This was a great book I didn't know at the time I started in the middle of the series but I got on board very quick. This book started great from the beginning with action packed gun fights and chases. I've read a few series with kids like this and this book was one of my favorites.
7trent
May 31, 2013 7trent rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was really good and would recommend this book to people who like action and adventure book. This book is about the Chance twins whos father works for a secret agent company. While their father is in China looking for American nuclear missiles they lost their, the twins get to stay in the whit house for a nice relaxing time. But that changes soon when someone targets the President and wants to kill him. The twins have to help the President and keep him safe while they try not ...more
Dana
Jul 05, 2014 Dana rated it liked it
I found this in my library's YA section and cannot figure out why. While it had a decent plot, it was too predictable and written more on a fourth grade level than anything for YA.
Adam K
Jan 18, 2013 Adam K rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i liked this book because of the set up and how it was printed. i say that because the font of the writing is bigger than most books and the book is all double spaced and makes it an easy read. in the beginning of the book it is a little confusing but later in the book it all makes scene and why Jack Higgins wrote it that way. I think that this book is a good read for someone who wants to read a book in a short amount of time but have the book still be action packed.First Strike
Dale Abersold
Feb 10, 2016 Dale Abersold rated it did not like it
Not for me
6andrew
Oct 10, 2012 6andrew rated it really liked it
First Strike is by another great author, Jack Higgins. He puts a lot of action and suspense into his writing. This is a fantasy/spy story. The story starts when an old acquaintance, Ralph warns the twins and their father, Chance of a nuclear threat. This nuclear threat has millions of lives at stake. They must figure out who is creating the threat and stop them before they get ahold of The Football. This is a great story for anyone who enjoys a good political spy story packed with action.
Lynda
Twins Rich and Jade Chase, with their father, realize the world is on the brink of a Cold War. Can they save the US president, stop international crime bosses and survive the nightmare of being held hostage? A very good action-packed read for teens.
"Jack Higgins, master of the modern thriller, teams up with Justin Richards, bestselling author of Dr Who, to deliver a fantastic new instalment in the 'Rich and Jade' series - Sure Fire; Death Run; and Sharp shot."
Pamela Morgan
Mar 26, 2015 Pamela Morgan added it
Shelves: yr-9
British twins Rich and Jade are thrown into danger, helping their father save the President of the United States.
Jeremiah
Nov 25, 2011 Jeremiah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done-2
Daniel M
Oct 27, 2013 Daniel M rated it really liked it
When I started reading this book I stayed up the whole night the 4th time I read it because it everything was so clear and it was filled with actions which makes you not want to not put it down.
Alex Schuette
Apr 08, 2013 Alex Schuette rated it it was amazing
I think that It was suspenseful and always made you think what was going to happen next. It would make a great movie
Floyd
Apr 27, 2012 Floyd rated it it was ok
its about about how jade and rich try to finds out who's in the mafia that was after them
6lake_kevin
Feb 09, 2013 6lake_kevin rated it it was amazing
great book. but it is The last in its series, although it had made great sense.
Aaron
Mar 30, 2011 Aaron rated it it was amazing
Like CHERUB but more sophisticated and without training.
Jacob
Sep 13, 2013 Jacob rated it really liked it
This was a good book. Action packed, fun.
Maxx-Phillippe
Jan 02, 2015 Maxx-Phillippe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Good junk reading....
Josh
Jun 23, 2010 Josh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book is really awsome
Ryan
Jan 16, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Cole Staniger
Cole Staniger rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
Wm
Wm added it
Apr 28, 2016
Jenny Wilcox
Jenny Wilcox marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Nagol
Nagol rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
  • Twister (Code Red, #5)
  • Dogfight (Special Operations, #1)
  • Avenger (Boy Soldier, #3)
  • The Lab (Agent Six of Hearts, #1)
  • Secret Vengeance (Young Repairman Jack, #3)
  • Ice Claw (Danger Zone, #2)
  • Eruption (Storm Runners, #3)
  • Final Lap (Traces, #5)
19706
There is more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.

Jack Higgins is the pseudonym of Harry Patterson (b. 1929), the New York Times bestselling author of more than seventy thrillers, including The Eagle Has Landed and The Wolf at the Door. His books have sold more than 250 million copies worldwide.

Born in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, Patterson grew up in Belfast, Northern Irelan
More about Jack Higgins...

Rich and Jade (4 books)
  • Sure Fire (Rich and Jade, #1)
  • Death Run (Rich and Jade, #2)
  • Sharp Shot (Rich and Jade, #3)