Start by marking “Bloodthirsty (Lomax & Biggs, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bloodthirsty (Lomax & Biggs, #2)

Bloodthirsty (Lomax & Biggs #2)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  687 ratings  ·  83 reviews
It’s a bloodthirsty town, Hollywood. No matter how popular you are, there’s always someone who’d be happier if you were dead. And in some cases, you can be such a bastard, everyone would be happier if you were dead.

Barry Gerber, one of the most hated men in Hollywood, is a no-show for a red carpet event. The next morning he turns up dead, killed in such a bizarre way that
Published May 14th 2007 by MacAdam/Cage Publishing (first published January 1st 2007)

False Impressions by Sandra NikolaiThe Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. KingA Share in Death by Deborah CrombieNaked in Death by J.D. RobbThe Case of the Wayward Fae by H.L.  Stephens
Partners!
19th out of 26 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Markm
Wonderful second book in a series. Love the main characters Lomax-Biggs. Although Big Jim is turning out to be my favorite person. The backround stories were supurb. Avery fast read. Looking forward to the next installment.
David Romigh
I've always considered most mystery novels to be a sort of waste of time; if I can solve a 'whodunnit' with about a hundred pages left, it's probably not that well-written. Karp's novels have a tendency to take sharp left-hand turns into right field and leave you sitting there blinking and wondering what the hell you'd missed seventy-five pages previously. THAT, friends, is a good read, and indicative of a writer who knows how to tell a good story.

Do yourself a favor and start reading these boo
David
It is a delight to see an author mature between his first and second volume and Marshall Karp really took some strong strides and improved the pacing of his writing with this one. This time, Karp take Lomax and Biggs deep into the world of Hollywood (their first adventure was at a Disneyish resort) as celebrtities start turning up dead with their blood completely drained from them.

This time, Karp gets the balance pretty much right between showing the operation of the bad guys (without telling u
Christina
May 15, 2007 Christina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Mystery fans....buddy cop fans
Shelves: 2007, own
The mysteries in Mr. Karp's books are never the work of criminal masterminds, just everyday people seeking the justice they deserve. combine that with a pair of buddy cops and their surrounding entourage and you've got yourself a page turner!

The latest book is shorter than his first but the mystery was more straight forward, more pages would have only been filler. A great sophomore novel. I hope he continues these characters because I want to see where they go!
Ken Heard
Sequel is just as good as Karp's debut "Rabbit Factory," only shorter. In many cases, the wisecracking cop/detective novels are mere clones of each other. But Karp's two books are fresh,funny and enjoyable to read. I wish this, like Rabbit Factory, was 600-plus pages, but this one is much shorter. Can't wait for his next book.
Julie Kellner
This is the first time I've read this author and I was pleasantly surprised. A good mystery with a touch of humour
Maddie
I laughed quite a lot while eading this book. Fun and entertaining. Great for summer.
GymGuy
Started out with a bang. Hilariously funny, irreverent and jammed full of one-liners. I wonder if that wasn't at least half the reason for writing the book. A couple of great characters that feed off of each other. Plot was pretty good. Better than average story. Can't say it's a "who-done-it" because you know after the first chapter. It seemed to languish towards the end, however. Last few chapters (though they were really sort) seemed to be just tacked on. Might have to step back and read book ...more
Sherri F.
Jun 10, 2015 Sherri F. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes good crime plots but with lots of laughs
4+ stars (not actually sure why I can't do a 5--other than I don't give many & maybe if it was a strong 5 I would have remembered it better)

I read this book 5 or 6 years ago but wasn't sure until I wasn't sure until abt 100 pgs in and by then it was so good I wanted to finish it again (and I wasn't sure what the ending was anyway)--I knew I had read the 1st in the series (The Rabbit Factory The Rabbit Factory (Lomax & Biggs, #1) by Marshall Karp and the 3rd one Flipping Out Flipping Out (Lomax & Biggs, #3) by Marshall Karp but wasn't sure about this one, maybe b/c the cover isn't as memorabl
Emily
This is the follow up to The Rabbit Factory and definitely does not disappoint. The wisecracking, authentic humor that I loved about the first book is present throughout the story, and the murders, while gruesome, are of a much more personal nature in this book. The ending will have you thinking about what side of the debate you come down on, which is, for me, an interesting addition to the story.

By all accounts, Barry Gerber is a douchebag of epic proportions. He's also a Hollywood powerhouse w
Joanna
I'm sure that this book, the second in the series, was just as good as the first but I had a really hard time getting into it so I can't really rate it fairly. I also had a hard time getting into other books during the same time period.

Here's what Fantastic Fiction says about it:

It's a bloodthirsty town, Hollywood. No matter how popular you are, there's always someone who'd be happier if you were dead. And in some cases, you can be such a bastard, everyone would be happier if you were dead.

Barry
Jonathan
Ah Hollywood, L.A.'s glitzier, fluffier cousin. The birthplace of Noir lies down street a little ways, but Tinsel Town has more than its fair share of darkness and depravity. It's the land of glamour and flashbulbs and shattered dreams. Beneath the gilded exterior she's as rotten and festering as a third world whore. So is it any wonder that it was the setting for one of the most entertaining mysteries I've read this year? The book is Blood Thirsty by Marshall Karp. It's number two in a series o ...more
Cathy Cole
First Line: Roger and Aggie held hands as they watched the kid bleed out.

Detectives Mike Lomax and Terry Biggs are still basking in the glow of solving the murders which occurred in The Rabbit Factory. In fact they've been approached by someone who wants to turn the investigation into a movie. Since Terry has three daughters who want to go to college, they agree to meet with a big-time producer at a red carpet event. Mogul Barry Gerber is a no-show that night, but he does show up in a garbage ca
LJ
BLOODTHIRSTY (Police Procedural-Lomax & Biggs-Los Angeles-Cont) – G+
Karp, Marshall – 2nd in series
Macadam Cage, 2007 – US Hardcover – ISBN: 9781596922099
First Sentence: Roger and Aggie held hands as they watched the kid bleed out.
*** Detectives Mike Lomax and Terry Biggs are back. They are all set to negotiate a movie version of their first case in Familyland except the producer, Barry Gerber, they are suppose to meet doesn’t show up; that is, until his body is found in a trash can having be
Spuddie
#2 Lomax & Biggs mystery. Being homicide detectives in Hollywood, you're always likely to get involved in one celebrity frou-frou or another. Mike Lomax & Terry Biggs are actually doing a bit of the celeb thing themselves, invited by their agent to a movie premier to meet a producer who wants to make a movie of their escapades in the previous book.

Disappointingly, the producer doesn't show, and the next morning, Mike & Terry find out that it wasn't just because he was off in some co
Hannah
Funny, with plenty of mystery and action!

The Hollywood setting is extremely interesting, as are the random real life names that pop up in there. Karp has great comedic timing, too, so if you like your detectives to have a sense of humour, then you'll love Detective Terry and Mike. Loved the way the murders were carried out, too; very imaginative. The only thing I didn't like was the implication towards the end that the mother avenging her daughter by murdering three men (and nearly four) in cold
A Hollywood bigwig misses his premiere, and is later found drained of blood stuffed in a garbage can. More deaths follow, and Detectives Lomax and Biggs are on the scene.
This isn't a story that you read for believability of characters. It's just a fun read. A lot of wisecracking and jokes in this book (which might in fact be the primary purpose of writing it). Some books you read and the characters are real. This one you read just for the jokes and fun.
Jack Chaddic
Blood thirsty is a mystery-suspense book. It is about dective bigs and dective lomax. They are two of the best dectives in the state of california. They have solved some of the biggest crimes together. Now they are trying to become actors in a movie and they are searching for someone to pay for theproduction of their movie, but all of the movie directorz that they are meeting are getting murdered. And they are assigned to the task of finding out whois killing all.of these directors. As they dig ...more
Sarah Adamson
Another great mystery for Lomax and Biggs. This one focuses on the inner workings of the movie industry with its ups and downs. Another big page-turner. A very enjoyable mystery although some of the relationships here were a lot darker than his other books.
Donna
Bloodthirsty

A funny insightful look at police work and Hollywood with good characteristic for the two detectives. Fast_paced and fun. Also a great read
Brandon Stec
Marshall Karp does it again with his quirky and hilarious duo of Lomax and Biggs. Include his injection of sarcasm and this story flew from page to page and kept me interested the entire way through. Even though it was revealed earlier than most mysteries of who the killers are, the story and the background that Karp delves into afterwards made me keep going where in most crime novels where the killer is revealed, I just want to get to the end. I recommend reading this series as I will soon star ...more
Darlamac
This book was very enjoyable!!!! Surprised I never heard of him til he started writing with James Patterson.
Steve Tripp
Not quite as good as the first book in the series, but it's still a fast paced and fun read.
Bart
I listened to the audible rendition of this, the second in the Lomax & Biggs series. It's an interesting story, but not a normal mystery since we find out early on who is carrying out the killing and why. The book is better than the first, The Rabbit Factory, in that it is no longer than it needs to be, it is funnier, and with more believable characters. The narrator, Tom Stechschulte, is terrific, making it much more fun to listen to than to read.
David Hammons
second in the series and moves right along. twisty in the end well worth the read.
Charlotte mann
fun read, with depth
Ricky
What The Rabbit Factory should have been - shorter, sweeter, more gruesomer, more awesomer.
Mark Goodwich
Interesting light comedy detective story. Just a quick fun read, no deep meaning and that's what good about it. Hoping for more laughs in his third novel.

I will not go into the story-line, many other reviews have already done this so I will just rate the book on its elements (0 to 5 being highest):

Protagonist Development: 3
Theme: 3
Writing Style: 3
Overall Rating: 3
Danyel
Not as interesting as the first, but the characters are entertaining, if not compelling.
I loves me some Marshall Karp! I bought Rabbit Factory a few years ago while I was sitting in the airport waiting for a delayed flight, and greatly enjoyed it. This sequel to Rabbit Factory is just as good and entertaining. This is actually my second reading of BloodThirsty. How can you not love Terry Biggs? Love the dialogue and the characters. Its a bit over the top, but what isn't in Hollywood, really? Keep 'em coming!
  • Hot and Sweaty Rex
  • Hell Hole (John Ceepak Mystery, #4)
  • Cold Front (Pindone Files #1)
  • Honestly Dearest, You're Dead
  • Gun Shy (A Blanco County Mystery #5)
  • Boulevard (Hayden Glass, #1)
  • Everything But the Squeal (Simeon Grist Mystery, #2)
  • The Vampire of Venice Beach (McAffee Twins, #3)
  • Who Killed Marilyn Monroe? (PI Grace Smith, #1)
  • Undertow (Building Sanctuary, #2)
  • The Jackpot
  • All Lessons Learned (Cambridge Fellows, #8)
  • The Renegades (Charlie Hood, #2)
  • Grounds to Kill
  • Harbor Nocturne
  • Head Games

Lomax & Biggs (4 books)
  • The Rabbit Factory (Lomax & Biggs, #1)
  • Flipping Out (Lomax & Biggs, #3)
  • Cut, Paste, Kill (Lomax & Biggs, #4)
The Rabbit Factory (Lomax & Biggs, #1) Flipping Out (Lomax & Biggs, #3) Cut, Paste, Kill (Lomax & Biggs, #4) Squabbles: A comedy in two acts Cartoon