Start by marking “Kaki-Kaki Yang Beruntung” as Want to Read:
Kaki-Kaki Yang Beruntung

Kaki-Kaki Yang Beruntung (Perry Mason #3)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  551 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Leggy Marjorie Clune, unjustly accused of murder of sleazy movie promoter Frank Patton, must rely on the able counsel of Perry Mason to clear her name.
Published June 1993 by PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1934)

To ask other readers questions about Kaki-Kaki Yang Beruntung, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kaki-Kaki Yang Beruntung

Harold
"You open that door without a search warrant," he said, "and I'll break your Jaw."

Perry Mason to two cops who want to search his office. Perry is still in his tough guy bag in the third book of the series. 1934 publication date on this one. No courtroom scenes, no Hamilton Burger, no Lieutenant Tragg. Perry doesn't need a courtroom. He cross examines everyone anyway. and solves the mystery doing it.

I love it.

Victoria Mixon
I'll give pretty much any Gardner a solid three stars, even if I know the perpetrator from the beginning.

This is one of the really old Perry Masons---1930s era---complete with tension between him and Paul Drake (his right-hand man of later mysteries) and hiding stuff from Della (Della eventually comes to know more about Mason's cases than he does). And when Mason whips out a skeleton key not once but twice to make his way through the locked and unlocked doors of apartment buildings and hotels,
Pooja Anand
What a story. Though I have had been reading and re-reading Perry Mason books since childhood days, I began to read it in sequence, that is starting from book one. I found first two books a kind of starters, warming up stories, but this story kept me gripped and I felt the same kind of excitement that I always felt.

Courtroom or no Courtroom, expect Perry Mason cross-examine everyone anywhere. This is one of the firsts where I didn't read any courtroom scenes, but it was no less in suspense and t
Donna
I love reading the Perry Mason stories when I was young and am re-reading them now...while the story line is familiar to any one who has read Gardner's Mason books, I found the story just as engaging as I remember. Mason and his associates, Drake and Street, interact in ways that demonstrate a strong willed person being supported by people who believe in him even though they may not always agree with his approach. The damsels in distress (or their benefactors) are just as strong-willed so the st ...more
Ryan G
When a young woman enters a beautiful legs contest, where the winner gets a movie contract, she has no idea what about to happen to her life. After winning, she is taken to L.A. and left to fend for herself. The business leaders of her town who were talked into financing the contest, were cheated out of the their money, and now two different suitors are in the city trying to find her and avenge her humiliation. When the man who pulled off the con is found dead, it looks like there is no lack for ...more
Pallavi
As always very well written. Its only his 3rd book that I have read, but I like his work. The way the hero of this series Mr. Perry Mason thinks is very different than the way any other lawyer would. He goes to the root to find out what is right.
People who like reading Law based book series, I would like to recommend this book series to them.
Aristotll
I hate to admit I didn't find the murder until Mason illustrate it.I was not discouraged for the lawyer has more information than me anyway. I like the way the lawyer tries to figure the truth.
Pia Menezes
This was one of the books of the series which I ever read and I loved it! The style of writing was excellent, the plot was good and somewhat realistic.
Walt Carlson
An improvement on the other two, the third Perry Mason book shows the series finding its groove.
Michele bookloverforever
Perry mason lies to the police to trap a murderer. complicated plot.
DavidO
Interesting case. (I read this a while ago and forgot to record it)
Paul O'Grady
Solid Perry Mason.
Linda
First one of this genre that I read, my Gram (a voracious reader in her own right) had it sitting around when I was staying with her. I was familiar with the TV show, this set me off in a whole different direction.

Great descriptions of how people lived in that era and much racier than the TV show. Della Street and Perry Mason were a lot hotter in their interaction here. Steamy!

Each one with a unique mystery too and that courtroom moment where the guilty party confesses to Perry Mason. Ah, so sat
Stven
Early days, 1934. There are speakeasies and elevator boys and that old dodge about small-town beauty contest winners that Gardner liked so much he used it in at least two other Perry Mason books. It only takes half an hour to get someplace and back in L.A. traffic. The formula isn't quite ironclad yet. Drake and Mason don't seem to know each other well. We never see Tragg or Hamilton Burger. But it's an action-packed spinning top of a yarn.
Freya
This story was a little boring and maybe that's why it took so long for me to finish it.
Slinkyboy
Yup, that's Perry Mason.
Jimmit Shah
A bit crude. The characters have not developed as much yet. Perry Mason keeps saying "Snap to it"...but appropriate somehow. Good read from a character evolution point of view. Not much in terms in of the story.
Huma
Another wonderful novel....Mason's lines at the end really sums it up for me:
"I always take risks. It's the way I play the game; I like it."

Would luv to see a movie adapted from this manuscript!
Pete Roman
One of the best Perry Mason novels! The Perry Mason formula from the latest novels hasn't been introduced yet! Kind of missing the courtroom drama though.
Karan Shah
Erle Stanley Gardner is my favorite mystery murder writer.
His books are very fast paced and witty. This book is one of his best
Kaylynn
Oh my goodness, civil liberties were different in the 1930s.
Gautam
an average end to this yet another average year:)
Cristina Vela
You can't go wrong with Perry Mason!
Carole Jarvis
Another good Perry Mason classic
Rijo John
Very good. More odds against mason.
Marchel
Aparna
Aparna added it
Mar 27, 2015
Gayathri Srinivasan
Gayathri Srinivasan marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
  • Seafire (John Gardner's Bond, #14)
  • Woman in the Dark
  • The Seventh (Parker, #7)
  • Violent Ward
  • Lament For A Maker (Sir John Appleby, #3)
  • The Phantom of the Opera
  • Compass Box Killer (Inspector Virkar, #1)
  • The Power Broker (Christian Gillette, #3)
  • The Genius Thieves (Hardy Boys: Casefiles, #9)
  • The Complete Guide To Asterix
  • The Right Jack (Sigrid Harald Mystery #4)
  • Fraudster
  • Deadly Doubles (The Nancy Drew Files, #7)
  • Walking Shadow (Spenser, #21)
  • Mr. Paradise
  • Fountain Society
  • Devil in the Detail (Scott Cullen Mysteries #2)
  • The Kindaichi Case Files, Vol. 10: Kindaichi The Killer: Part 1

More about Erle Stanley Gardner...

Perry Mason (1 - 10 of 85 books)
  • The Case of the Velvet Claws (Perry Mason, #1)
  • The Case of the Sulky Girl (Perry Mason, #2)
  • The Case of the Howling Dog
  • The Case of the Curious Bride (Perry Mason Mystery)
  • The Case of the Counterfeit Eye (Perry Mason Mysteries)
  • The Case of the Caretaker's Cat  (A Perry Mason Mystery)
  • The Case of the Sleepwalker's Niece
  • The Case of the Stuttering Bishop (Perry Mason #9)
  • The Case of the Dangerous Dowager (Perry Mason Mystery)
  • The Case of the Lame Canary
The Case of the Velvet Claws (Perry Mason, #1) The Case of the Curious Bride (Perry Mason Mystery) The Case of the Caretaker's Cat  (A Perry Mason Mystery) The Case of the Sulky Girl (Perry Mason, #2) The Case of the Runaway Corpse (Perry Mason Series)