Start by marking “First Come Twins” as Want to Read:
First Come Twins

First Come Twins (An Island to Remember #1)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Photojournalist Noah Bennett has been running from himself forever. Covering war zones around the world has kept him away from his mistakes and, more important, from Sophie Rousseau, his high school sweetheart. But he's never forgotten her.He's returned to idyllic Mirabelle Island to heal, to finish his latest book...and to face Sophie again.

Months after Noah escaped the i...more
Published August 1st 2009 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about First Come Twins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Come Twins

Buggy
Opening Line:"What a quaint little island."

This was a complete surprise as I’m not usually one for the Harlequin's but FIRST COMES TWINS piqued my interest for several reasons. To start with it contains two of my favourite romance tropes; that of the tortured hero and reacquainted lovers. It also takes place on a small island which is where I live. The island here is Mirabelle and it has been so well explored that it almost becomes a character within its own right, filled with lighthouses, beach...more
Ellen Lindseth
Aug 12, 2009 Ellen Lindseth rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: romance readers
A friend recommended this book to me and I'm glad she did. Complex and interesting characters anchor the book. Noah, the hero, is a photojournalist returning home to recover from physical and emotional wounds inflicted by the war zones he has covered. The one person who can help heal him is Sophie, the same woman who rejected him fifteen years before. As the story unfolds, it becomes less clear who betrayed whom, with a whole cast of supporting characters each with their own role to play in the...more
Laura Breck
Helen Brenna has written a wonderful story, created an irresistable island, and fascinating characters. Her books are always in my shopping cart, but this one is my favorite so far.

Merged review:

Janga
This book is a reminder of how much can be accomplished in a category. Brenna gives her readers complex characters in a credible situation. The island setting is an interesting touch. I look forward to the rest of the series.
Tracy
I've never read a Harlequin romance book, but my mom gave this to me because my cousin's wife wrote it. It was really fun and engaging. Great read! :)
Brenda Whiteside
Good standard romance.
Rettah
Rettah added it
Aug 03, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Rob Bekkers
Rob Bekkers marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Victoria Darkins
Victoria Darkins marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Alysha
Alysha marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Jeanie
Jeanie marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Kristine Pratt
Kristine Pratt marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Caree Leblanc
Caree Leblanc marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Pheonix Fanfiction
Pheonix Fanfiction marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2013
Ihz101
Ihz101 added it
Jun 27, 2013
Mokona
Mokona added it
Jun 18, 2013
P.D.
P.D. marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Helen Brenna grew up in a small town in central Minnesota, the seventh of eight children. Although she never dreamed of writing books, she's always been a voracious reader of romances. After taking a break from her accounting career, she tried her hand at writing the romances she loves to read.

Since her first book was published in 2007, Helen has not only won Romance Writers of America's most pres...more
More about Helen Brenna...
Peak Performance (Harlequin NASCAR, #22) Then Comes Baby From the Outside Along Came a Husband (Mirabelle Island, #4) (Harlequin Superromance, #1640) Next Comes Love (Harlequin Superromance)