Start by marking “Day of Fire (2176, #2)” as Want to Read:
Day of Fire (2176, #2)

Day of Fire (2176 #2)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  163 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Canada: For over a century it's been closed off, quarantined. Now, in 2176, its people thrive. The country still needs peacekeepers, though -- and the Mounties are there. Be It All, Do It All. Those are the high-tech police force's twin mottos. They're Day Daniels' mottos, too.

But things are heating up. Someone or something called the Shadow Voice is broadcasting treason,
Mass Market Paperback, 372 pages
Published May 4th 2004 by Love Spell (first published May 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Day of Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Day of Fire

Tara van Beurden
This was the second of the 2176 books, with this one set in Canada. I’ve been to Canada, and I know a lot of Canadians (there are a lot in auditing working in Australia) and the only books I’d read set in Canada prior to this one were the Bones books. So it was cool to read a story from a Canadian perspective, especially with a Mountie main character (I just love the Mountie outfit). I did not know a huge amount about the indigenous populations of Canada or the United States and while the scenar ...more
Gmc
Day of Fire - 2176, Bk 2 by Kathleen Nance

Day Daniels of the Mounties her partner has been murdered, and she is trying to find the killer. She is assigned a partner form Canada Health Because there where traces of a new plague on her partners hat.

Lian Firebird, a plague hunter, to stop what might be the next great epidemic and find the killer. During their mission they get to know each other very well.

Kathrynn
This is book #2 in the 2176 series and it's a sci-fi romance. This one involves the Canadian Mounties (Day is the name of the female character) and was a lot of fun to read. Day was a very straight-laced; right and wrong kind of character. There's a virus, quarantine, get back to nature kind of book.

This series can be read out of order, I think. Book #1 and #5 were both written by Susan Grant and they involve similar characters, so probably not good to read #5 before #1. But, the rest have no c
Amy
I'm glad I did not let the reviews stop me from reading this book. I really liked it, it was a bit cheesy in some parts but the story was good.
Ladiibbug
#2 in the 2176 series, futuristic sci fi/action/romance

Four different authors in this five book series

Setting: Canada, in the year 2176

Features female Canadian Mountie, and lead male character is a Canada Health scientist (or something similar).

Canada is on the verge of coming out of a quarantine due to disease, and these two must work together to be sure the threat is over.

I liked this, liked the setting and "world" Kathleen Nance presented. I liked the characters.

So it was OK for a newcomer l
Rita
Yuck. Why do I keep reading this crap? I finally put this book down 3/4 of the way through, but I should have dropped it earlier on when the author said that Day Daniels felt as if her skin had been "rubbed with fluffy cotton" during a sex scene.
Sio
Rosario (http://rosario.blogspot.com/)
I loved this when I first read it, but I couldn't get into it this time around. Nothing wrong with it, I was just in the wrong mood.
Susan Foley
I enjoyed this book.
Estelle
Estelle marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Rey
Rey marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Deb
Deb added it
Jul 21, 2015
Kris
Kris added it
Jul 18, 2015
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Karen Aird
Karen Aird marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Jun 11, 2015
Erin Burns
Erin Burns marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Missie
Missie marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
  • The Power of Two (2176, #4)
  • The Shadow Runners (2176 Series, #3)
  • The Scarlet Empress
  • Unraveled (UN-Forgettable, #2)
  • The Dare (Rystani #2)
  • Shadow Fires (Shielder Series Book 5)
  • Seduced by Crimson (Crimson City, #5)
  • Hidden (Northern Waste, #2)
I can't say that I'm one of those authors who announced to their mother at the age of six that they were going to be a writer. My first declared career choice was detective. I was reading Nancy Drew at the time, and half in love with Ned Nickerson. A distinct aversion to eminent bodily harm, however, made the career choice an impractical one.

The notion I could be a detective, though, came from a b
More about Kathleen Nance...

2176 (5 books)
  • The Legend of Banzai Maguire (2176 Series, #1)
  • The Shadow Runners (2176 Series, #3)
  • The Power of Two (2176, #4)
  • The Scarlet Empress
Wishes Come True (Djinn, #1) More Than Magic (Djinn, #2) Spellbound (Djinn, #4) Enchantment (Djinn, #3) Phoenix Unrisen (Earth Magic #1)