Day of Fire (2176, #2)

Day of Fire (2176 #2)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  116 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Canada: For over a century it's been closed off, quarantined. Now, in 2176, its people thrive. The country still needs peacekeepers, though -- and the Mounties are there. Be It All, Do It All. Those are the high-tech police force's twin mottos. They're Day Daniels' mottos, too.

But things are heating up. Someone or something called the Shadow Voice is broadcasting treason,...more
Mass Market Paperback, 372 pages
Published May 4th 2004 by Love Spell (first published May 2004)

Tara Van Beurden
This was the second of the 2176 books, with this one set in Canada. I’ve been to Canada, and I know a lot of Canadians (there are a lot in auditing working in Australia) and the only books I’d read set in Canada prior to this one were the Bones books. So it was cool to read a story from a Canadian perspective, especially with a Mountie main character (I just love the Mountie outfit). I did not know a huge amount about the indigenous populations of Canada or the United States and while the scenar...more
Gmc
Day of Fire - 2176, Bk 2 by Kathleen Nance

Day Daniels of the Mounties her partner has been murdered, and she is trying to find the killer. She is assigned a partner form Canada Health Because there where traces of a new plague on her partners hat.

Lian Firebird, a plague hunter, to stop what might be the next great epidemic and find the killer. During their mission they get to know each other very well.

Kathrynn
This is book #2 in the 2176 series and it's a sci-fi romance. This one involves the Canadian Mounties (Day is the name of the female character) and was a lot of fun to read. Day was a very straight-laced; right and wrong kind of character. There's a virus, quarantine, get back to nature kind of book.

This series can be read out of order, I think. Book #1 and #5 were both written by Susan Grant and they involve similar characters, so probably not good to read #5 before #1. But, the rest have no c...more
Ladiibbug
#2 in the 2176 series, futuristic sci fi/action/romance

Four different authors in this five book series

Setting: Canada, in the year 2176

Features female Canadian Mountie, and lead male character is a Canada Health scientist (or something similar).

Canada is on the verge of coming out of a quarantine due to disease, and these two must work together to be sure the threat is over.

I liked this, liked the setting and "world" Kathleen Nance presented. I liked the characters.

So it was OK for a newcomer l...more
Rita
Yuck. Why do I keep reading this crap? I finally put this book down 3/4 of the way through, but I should have dropped it earlier on when the author said that Day Daniels felt as if her skin had been "rubbed with fluffy cotton" during a sex scene.
Sio
Rosario (http://rosario.blogspot.com/)
I loved this when I first read it, but I couldn't get into it this time around. Nothing wrong with it, I was just in the wrong mood.
Susan Foley
I enjoyed this book.
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Feb 15, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Michael Brooks
Michael Brooks marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Terry91625
Terry91625 marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2013
Brianna
Brianna marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Svetlana
Svetlana marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
I can't say that I'm one of those authors who announced to their mother at the age of six that they were going to be a writer. My first declared career choice was detective. I was reading Nancy Drew at the time, and half in love with Ned Nickerson. A distinct aversion to eminent bodily harm, however, made the career choice an impractical one.

The notion I could be a detective, though, came from a b...more
More about Kathleen Nance...
Wishes Come True (Djinn, #1) More Than Magic (Djinn, #2) Spellbound (Djinn, #4) Enchantment (Djinn, #3) The Seeker (Olympus, #3)