Start by marking “The One Year Biblearranged In 365 Daily Readings: New Living Translation” as Want to Read:
The One Year Biblearranged In 365 Daily Readings:  New Living Translation

The One Year Biblearranged In 365 Daily Readings: New Living Translation

4.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,660 Ratings  ·  390 Reviews
Bible: The One Year Bible is ideal for personal devotions and instructional reading. It is also perfect for family Bible reading with children of all ages. The New Living Translation is both authoritative and emotive and put together by today's top 90 biblical scholars. The NLT is drawn from both the Greek and the Hebrew.
Published 1996 by Tyndale House (first published July 1st 1902)

To ask other readers questions about The One Year Biblearranged In 365 Daily Readings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One Year Biblearranged In 365 Daily Readings

Donna
I am always reading this. When the year ends, I just begin again. God is the most important part of my life. Without Him there is nothing.
Alan
Aug 27, 2015 Alan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I grew up reading the King James Version ("KJV") of the Bible. A few years ago I laughed at modern Bible translations. "They don't even come close to the historic and poetic language of the KJV," I would argue.

That was until I actually picked up the New Living Translation ("NLT") and read the whole thing. It was refreshing! I could actually understand the Bible! I especially enjoyed the NLT's thought-for-thought translation. This is important because many phrases used in Hebrew hundreds of year
Laurelle
Feb 12, 2008 Laurelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves:
Okay, this book will never leave my "currently reading" list at all. This book, the Bible, is a book that I need each day ~ without it I cannot live life. It is the breathe of God and bread of my life, without it, I am lost!!
Jayne
Jul 03, 2012 Jayne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
i love the fresh, modern language of this version. The Word comes alive for me :) i'm studying the book of philippians at the moment and although short, it is packed from beginning to end with spiritual food. my favorite passage today, and one i've been meditating on is, "...you are holy and blameless as you stand before God, without a single fault. But you must continue to believe this truth and stand firmly in it." How many times do we try to earn God's love and favor by our own works and good ...more
Shirley Scurlock
Dec 11, 2012 Shirley Scurlock rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cwa-review
“The Everyday matters Bible for Women” has a beautifully designed cover. The cheerful, colorful design is sure to be any ladies delight. In comparison to the normal black leather Bible we all love and appreciate, it’s appearance is sure to be an attraction for many young women.

The introduction to each Bible book is informative and well written. I personally enjoyed the devotionals I found throughout the Bible. Each devotional is well written, with many contributors adding their voice to make thi
Cheryl
Dec 28, 2013 Cheryl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the chronological sorting of the historical accounts! As someone who has read through the Bible 10 times or more, this approach gave me new insights into the different viewpoints and therefore the writers themselves (and, of course, the Author), when there are two or more accounts of the same subject matter. The Kings of Judah and Israel have often fascinated me and this Bible version will help me immensely on my Excel chart of them (yes, I know that's really nerdy!). The Gospels display ...more
Angie
I do have to say, the language in this New Living Translation feels a little trying-to-hard at times. The message is the same, but in the translators attempt to be hip it comes off a bit silly in it's wording. I'd probably have preferred NIV or NAS, but it was a gift and it's still God's word and a great discipline, encouragement and reminder of His truths each day.
Read it in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009 and again in 2010. Fantastic way to keep daily focus. Might try a different translati
Apryl Anderson
Nov 06, 2011 Apryl Anderson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
I started this in 1998, and haven't stopped. How can I when its mercies are new every morning? Each consecutive reading, I see something that I wasn't mature enough to understand the year before. I recommend this as the start of your day with an empty journal and enough ink to respond. It will change your life!
Jason Lilly
Mar 30, 2011 Jason Lilly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
An accurate and understandable translation of the New Testament. This is one of the best translations out there, easy to read and very compelling.
Michael
Jun 03, 2013 Michael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Though I am continually studying the Bible, I have read through it actually twice, both times it was with this translation. First time was when the first edition came out and the second time was with the current or second edition. This is not paraphrased but an English translation from Hebrew and Greek texts. This translation is contemporary, stylish and acutely accurate. Elements such as weights and measures, money, dates and times etc. are described in modern terms, Some phrases are translated ...more
Angela
Nov 11, 2012 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This Bible is written in the New Living Translation (NLT) which makes it very simple to understand. There are also footnotes at the bottom of the pages to help clarify passages even more. Also within the books and chapters, you will find articles to help us understand how these stories still apply to us today. For me this not only helps in understanding the message but also allows the stories to become more real and help me achieve the connection I am looking for.

Everyday Matters Bible for Women
Vernie
Dec 18, 2010 Vernie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are bibles and there is bibles that are different from the rest.

If you like devotionals as I do but like the two-in-one kind. Then In His Image devotional bible is the answer.

Tyndale is best known for their bibles and devotionals. I have two of the ONE YEAR devotionals. Each new bible that this book publisher comes out tends to be always unique, there are specialty bibles meant for kids, teenagers, for Moms, for busy dads.

So what is this bible for, what sets it apart from the other bibles
Lucinda
Nov 03, 2015 Lucinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspirational
1 Corinthians 13:12
'For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.'

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Matthew 28:19
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obse
Edward
Feb 05, 2014 Edward rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book in the Kindle version. This worked perfectly for me as I was able to finish reading through the entire Bible, in Chronological order, in a year. The NLT is a good compromise between being easy to read, but still accurate. Reading the Bible in chronological order was very helpful at times, for example when David sinned, the reader then can immediately read his Psalm about his repentance.
Johnny Mcclean
Jan 01, 2013 Johnny Mcclean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading it on my iBooks for my quiet time and family readings. Refreshing for my soul, food for thought fresh every day.
Matthew
Jan 27, 2011 Matthew rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
The Holy Bible: Mosaic NLT, recently released by the folks at Tyndale, is unlike any other Bible I’ve seen. It’s not a study bible. There are no notes in the text of the scriptures (aside from footnotes and cross-references to accompany the New Living Translation text – more on that in a minute). In fact, they went so far as to completely separate the scriptures out from the “Meditations” material, even using different types of paper to distinguish them further. I really appreciate this approach ...more
Alison Lake
Feb 15, 2014 Alison Lake marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I've been trying to slowly read through book by book. I'm following a plan that my Church put together, but I'm doing it on my own timing instead of sticking to a certain schedule. I'll keep a brief record below of my reading:

Genesis - Awesome from start to finish. Reading the stories of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were a huge encouragement to me!

Exodus - Surprisingly interesting. I thought I would get bored with all the details about the tabernacle, but I found it fascinating and humbling to thin
Isn’t this a beauty? While God’s Word doesn’t have to be covered in a pretty wrapping – it sure makes picking it up and reading more enjoyable – especially when one thinks that God’s Word is wrapped up just for you. I’m normally a KJV type of girl but seeing as how this was in my favorite color and I’ve never had a Bible formatted for just women I jumped on the CWA Crew to review this NLT version. Everyday Matters Bible for Women is designed for women to grow in their spiritual walk with the Lor ...more
Tracey M.
Dec 27, 2012 Tracey M. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I highly recommend the “everyday matters Bible for women” by Hendrickson Bibles. The daily life challenges that women encounter each day can be so overwhelming that there is never anytime to sit down and spend time reading let along reading the Bible. With these challenges this New Living Translation Bible is easy to read and to help you with the daily challenges of life.

It comes with over 300 articles focused on 24 spiritual practices. Which each spiritual practice are explored in 4 different
Wendy
Sep 23, 2012 Wendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had recently been searching for a new Bible specifically geared towards women in the New Living Translation and found the Everyday Matters Bible for Women.

Not only is it beautiful, but it features twenty-four disciplines with additional content from Christian leaders (Sally Clarkson, Holley Gerth, Nancy Ortberg, Priscilla Shirer, Joni Eareckson Tada, Kay Warren, Sheila Walsh, Ann Voskamp, and many more) to help understand and apply these disciplines.

Each book of the Bible has an introduction w
writer...
Apr 27, 2013 writer... rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I review for Tyndale Rewards.
Discover Your Rewards by clicking HERE

It's hard to put on a 'read' shelf when it's in constant use!
But for the sake of the review, I am posting whilst reading.

What a fantastic Bible. I have come to love this Mosaic NLT Holy Bible's life contribution to my journey with God. Totally attractive artistic mosaic covers; the Cross fronting, the Creed backing; ideally placed for reminders and use in the daily office.

The first 1/3 of the Mosaic Bible provides extensive we
writer...
Apr 25, 2013 writer... rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tyndale House Publishers took a nostalgic, creative step in March 2012 to release their new Bible, The Way. Originally published in the '70s Tyndale's editors decided to revive the coolness, updated for today's culture.

Using new writing via the New Living Translation, incorporating first hand, life reality stories with relevant b/w photos, they followed in the radical steps of the original - moving from from text only to text illustrated with graphics and commentary.

Reflections on what it means
Ginger Wade
Nov 07, 2012 Ginger Wade rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I first signed up to review the Everyday Matters Bible for Women, on behalf of The CWA Review Crew, I was excited about the idea of starting a fresh new study. To accompany this new Bible, I purchased new colored pencils and Twistables Crayons to make each marking intentional and purposeful. I couldn't wait to get my hands on this new Bible and begin my time with the Lord.

One of the main things I like about the Everyday Matters Bible for Women is that it has an easy to read translation, the
Margaret
Nov 26, 2010 Margaret rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Margaret by: Tyndale House Publishers
Starting with the cover, the first thing that I notice is a nice calming water, with a tree blossoming forth. Then in a light grey there are words across the middle that pretty much name it all... "faithful...just...holy...good...merciful...righteous...loving..." The next thing that I notice is the size, this hardcover Bible is right about the same size as a regular trade paperback book and provides a familiar feeling to my hands. "In His Image". What could be a more appropriate topic for devoti ...more
Poiema
Mar 21, 2009 Poiema rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bibles
I thought I would try the New Living Translation just to infuse a bit of freshness into my devotional life. No freshness here, just short, choppy sentences which lack beauty and grandeur. Give me a NKJV, a KJV, a NASB, or an ESV any day over this translation. Maybe if I were a poor reader, this one would work. Temporarily. I can't imagine staying in it for a whole year.

The One Year Bible is available in other translations as well, but I really prefer to use a simple chart to read through the Bib
Ali
Jan 21, 2016 Ali rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so glad and excited to say that I finally finished reading the bible from cover to cover!! its taken along time, and there were defiantly times when I would go months without getting farther in my plan, and have to adjust the dates, or I just wouldn't read because I didn't want to or felt like I didn't have time. but it really does make your day better when you can be in the word everyday. I did have to go back a read/re read things. But it was totally worth it, and even though it took two ...more
Mark Woodward
Dec 21, 2015 Mark Woodward rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed both the NLT translation AND reading the entire Bible chronologically. The translation is very readable, and I rarely stopped to look up a verse in another version for "accuracy." One does get the feeling of a translation and not a paraphrase. The chronological order is especially enlightening with the Major and minor prophets inserted into their appropriate spot in the historical books. I also found it interesting to read the Gospels "synoptically".

My plan n
Michael Chhangur
Jul 11, 2015 Michael Chhangur rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scripture
First translation I read through, cover to cover.
Reid
Jan 01, 2016 Reid rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: all-shelves
This is a very readable translation of the Bible.

I like this dynamic-equivalence translation which "focuses on translating the message of the original-language text."
Reading through this translation this year gave me a slightly different slant to the Scriptures in an almost subconscious way. I understand that these translators have made different interpretive decisions that were slightly different than other translators of other Bibles. My evangelical, lay person, non-academic background mindse
Stacey
Jan 25, 2016 Stacey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The One Year Bible is a long-time friend of mine. I 19ve read through the NIV (New International Version) Translation several times. I 19ve recently begun enjoying the NLT (New Living Translation) Version of scripture, and was excited at the opportunity to read this version in this format. But what makes this set of books really special is the focus on 1CGod Sightings 1D. This Bible and its companion journal book lead the reader to a deeper relationship with Jesus because they work together to h ...more
Christian Readers: Is Jesus sufficient? Is God's Word enough to prove that? 18 18 Aug 10, 2015 01:34AM
Understanding the Holy Bible 1 2 Jul 08, 2015 11:34AM
Bible Readers - T...: Reading the Bible 2 11 Jan 27, 2015 06:15PM
Christian Readers: Who are you in the Kingdom of God? 49 104 Oct 20, 2013 08:39AM
  • Zondervan Handbook to the Bible
  • Complete Jewish Bible : An English Version of the Tanakh (Old Testament) and B'Rit Hadashah (New Testament)
  • The One Year Bible New International Version
  • The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible
  • The Message: The New Testament in Contemporary Language
  • Lazarus Awakening: Finding Your Place in the Heart of God
  • The IVP Bible Background Commentary: New Testament
  • The New Interpreter's Study Bible: New Revised Standard Version With the Apocrypha
  • The Bible Answer Book
  • Every Man, God's Man
  • Halley's Bible Handbook
  • Women of the Bible: A One-Year Devotional Study of Women in Scripture
  • Breaking Free: The Journey, The Stories, Member Book
  • Documents of the Christian Church
  • Live Like a Jesus Freak: Spend Today as If It Were Your Last
  • The New Testament in Modern English
  • 52 Things Kids Need from a Mom: What Mothers Can Do to Make a Lifelong Difference
  • Codependents' Guide to the Twelve Steps: New Stories
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...

“If you set a trap for others, you will get caught in it yourself. If you roll a boulder down on others, it will crush you instead.” 1 likes
“14 Because God’s children are human beings—made of flesh and blood—the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had* the power of death. 15 Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying.” 1 likes