Start by marking “Introducing Capitalism: A Graphic Guide” as Want to Read:
Introducing Capitalism: A Graphic Guide

Introducing Capitalism: A Graphic Guide (Graphic Guides)

Published 2009 by Icon Books

To ask other readers questions about Introducing Capitalism, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Introducing Capitalism

Inder Suri
You can't change/improve the system if you don't understand it.

You can love capitalism, you can hate capitalism, but you definitely can not ignore 'Capitalism.'
It is one of the most successful and also the most controversial ideas ever. It has such a huge impact on our everyday lives that you just can't disregard it.

This book provides a succinct and excellent explanation of such a controversial idea. I personally find these 'Introducing Graphic guides' series really awesome and useful. You can
Abi Sangarab
May 04, 2015 Abi Sangarab rated it really liked it
I started to read this series of books because these books contains lots of useful information about each topic. I am really satisfied by the book. However, the author could concenterate on more details of Islamic Capitalism. They provide just two pages.
Strongly recommended.
Icon Books
Nov 17, 2011 Icon Books rated it it was amazing
Capitalism now dominates the globe, both in economics and ideology, shapes every aspect of our world and influences everything from laws, wars and government to interpersonal relationships. "Introducing Capitalism" tells the story of its remarkable and often ruthless rise, evolving through strife and struggle as much as innovation and enterprise. Tracing capitalism from its beginning to the present day, Dan Cryan and Sharron Shatil, alongside Piero's brilliant graphics, look at its practical and ...more
Lucas Miller
Oct 15, 2016 Lucas Miller rated it it was amazing
As I said, these are easy to read and fun. They make me feel smart. It lines up a lot of vocab words I've had bouncing in my head for years. My first year of graduate school, I had a professor in a historiography seminar who used to talk about John Rawls regularly. I focused on the way he pronounced Rawls name, stretching the vowel sound out, really making that w do some work, but now I have more context Rawls thought, than I ever felt like I did back in 2010-2011.

The best books are ones that m
Prakash Yadav
Jul 12, 2015 Prakash Yadav rated it really liked it
Superb introduction to historic and contemporary world economies, it builds up chronologically, discusses their merits and demerits, and highlights works of pioneers in this field (Marx.. what a guy!). It approaches the concept of Capitalist economies and even predicts its future. Obviously, the topic is very large to cover in such a tiny book but an excellent job none the less, some works described there-in could have entire graphic novel to themselves (Luckily there is one on Heidegger, that b ...more
Martin
Apr 04, 2012 Martin rated it really liked it
A much more informative book than I had expected! I didn't understand all of it, but it was definitely a valuable introduction to capitalism. The balance between introducing concepts and informative level of detail is well grasped, I think--one is given enough detail to make the concepts meaningful but not too much that it's incomprehensible.
Nitish Krishna
Apr 28, 2014 Nitish Krishna rated it really liked it
A handy graphic guide to the origins and various theories dealing with capitalism. The graphic elements helps keep your interest in some pretty heavy topics. The book itself covers the topic very broadly, taking a chronological view of capitalism's evolution and theories taking it forward.
Pablo Prefix
Özellikle sayısal bilimlerle uğraşanlara konuya giriş, kavramları tanıma niteliğinde yararlı olabilecek bir kitap, sosyal bilimlerle veya ekonomi ile az çok haşır neşir olanlar kitabı hafif ve zayıf bulacaktır.
Emrah Sever
Mar 08, 2016 Emrah Sever rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
çok kısa bir sürede tüm kapitalizm olgusunu kavramanızı sağlıyor ve ileri okumalar için teşvik ediyor
Marc Lucke
Feb 27, 2012 Marc Lucke rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Like the parallel guide to Marxism, I found this a solid refresher text and it reframed a few ideas in a really helpful way. Great bathroom reading.
Lindsay
Aug 24, 2015 Lindsay rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015-read
Two stars cause I liked the graphics but it still didn't help my understanding of capitalism.
Kolumbina
May 15, 2014 Kolumbina rated it really liked it
This was my third "Introducing..." book and I really liked it a lot. Learnt quite a few things and it explained quite a few historical facts for me. I think pictures are excellent!
Martin
Nov 28, 2015 Martin rated it really liked it
The book fulfilled my expectations. It provides general summary of major history and therories related to capitalism and outline the main ideas about the capitalism through time.
Paul Hart
Dec 21, 2011 Paul Hart rated it it was amazing
An clear, concise, and entertaining look at capitalism.
Gardar Olafsson
Jul 18, 2013 Gardar Olafsson rated it did not like it
Crap.
Derek Walker
Derek Walker rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2011
Ricardo Peres Dias
Ricardo Peres Dias rated it really liked it
May 21, 2013
Demetrio Conte
Demetrio Conte rated it really liked it
May 01, 2017
T.Epimarkus
T.Epimarkus rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2015
Alexandros
Alexandros rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2016
Duygu
Duygu rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2012
Nick Stavrakis
Nick Stavrakis rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2012
Dan
Dan rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2011
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2014
Ahmed
Ahmed rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2015
Ludwig
Ludwig rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2015
Lawrence Kwok
Lawrence Kwok rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2011
Matt-finish
Matt-finish rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2011
Natarajan
Natarajan rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2015
Yves Helsen
Yves Helsen rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2015
  • Introducing Quantum Theory
  • Introducing Consciousness
  • Introducing Baudrillard
  • Introducing Derrida

Graphic Guides (1 - 10 of 104 books)
  • Darwin for Beginners