Start by marking “Chakras for Beginners: A Guide to Balancing Your Chakra Energies [With Booklet]” as Want to Read:
Chakras for Beginners: A Guide to Balancing Your Chakra Energies [With Booklet]

Chakras for Beginners: A Guide to Balancing Your Chakra Energies [With Booklet]

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  289 ratings  ·  33 reviews

Chances are you've heard of the chakras. They're those spinning vortexes of energy associated with places along the spine. But you might be wondering, "What are they good for?" If you've ever had that question, you need Chakras for Beginners.
This book is filled with exercises and meditations that will allow you to balance out the energy in each of your chakras. This will
Published (first published September 30th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Chakras for Beginners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chakras for Beginners

Storm
Seeing as I have an older copy of the book, consisting only of 161 pages, I can only comment for my copy, though it has the same ISBN as the version pictured.

It's a bit of a dry read, one I was sorely tempted to skip to the 'good' parts, the section on the chakras, and even some of those were dry reads, actually I found the whole thing a dry read, but it's good info for someone looking for info on the subject. I haven't tried the exercises yet so I can't comment on those or the meditations. Stil
Sandra
I have to say this was an eye opener for me... To see things from a different perspective... Looking at emotions as a form of energy that can be translated into stages of life, growth and development... I like the little insights into this middle eastern knowledge with a few christian view points... I feel enlightened already from reading this... makes me feel like maybe I'm not so far off the mark from where I should be at physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually... Gives me hope! ;)
kisha
Oct 27, 2012 kisha rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People whose life is stressful, people who like to meditate, people who like motivational reads
For a person who really isn't into the whole chakras, meditation, yoga whole get up, I must admit it was a good read. I thought that I would go into this book fighting everything that the author believed in. I was very defensive. But I must say it a pleasant learning experience for me. Do I believe EVERYTHING that was written in the book? No. But the general idea of it all is life changing for me. Teaching me to be a more positive, balanced, and calmer person.
Kim
A lot of folks might think a book like this is too wacky and New Age-y for them. But truly, it offers a clear, logical way to approach various aspects of spirituality and personality. Even if you don't really believe in chakras, it helps to imagine each segment of the soul according to colors. This book helped me sort out some messy stuff going on in my head. I can't promise it will do the same for everyone, but I'd highly recommend trying.
Sae-chan
This is the first book about chakra that I read. I'm very satisfied with the way the subject is presented here. The author also kept an open mind of the many different ways readers might approach this subject, which is refreshing. It is not patronizing, rather encouraging the readers to find their own way of understanding and working with their chakras. Definitely a book to be kept for a long time.
Alisa
ok.. I picked up this book because I will admitt that i was having an emotional rollercoaster type of time and there wasnt a real reason for it.. everything was going fine, i just had this terrible feeling and a need to cry ALL the Friggin Time..lol.. this book has helped, I believe, because I am not wheeping at the drop of a hat.. and i still emotional, of corse.. just not ridiculously now....
Mandy Sue
This is a great introduction to the seven chakras (or inner energy) with practical spiritual exercises, visualizations and meditations.

The techniques offered in the book will teach you to shift your focus away from the problem mindset and focus on realigning with the inner energy that is causing an imbalance.

Great for anyone looking for balance in their lives.
Colleen Kronman
An excellent and readable guide for understanding the rudiments of the Chakras. Told in plain english. no steeping in mysticism here. Pond is quite eloquent.
Jeanne
This is not a long book, but is packed with a fresh look at how to understand and work with the dynamics of the major energy centers. A clear summary chart in the appendix highlights the main points of each chakra. There is a Reference and Suggested Reading section. I found the chapter on the 5th chakra especially valuable as it gave me a whole new perspective on that center. The discussion of stage fright and writer's block, while not extensive, was most useful to me, as were the remarks about ...more
Cara
I liked the meditation examples in this book, but I found I had to constantly weed out in my mind what I was reading that didn't ring true to my beliefs and what was true, which was tiring to me.
Martina Johnson
"beginners" is a really gentle term to describe what this book is for. this is more aimed at the completely uninitiated, those 100% oblivious to alternative faith ideas. as a novice, what i would call a beginner, i found this book increasingly harder to follow as it went on. in discussing the higher chakras, Pond becomes very vague and fluffy, to the point i had to read passages several times over before they would stick in my head, if they would at all. not an author i'll look to again, not a b ...more
Sian Lile-Pastore
Covers everything you need to know about the chakras but in a pretty dull way.
Yakking Yogini
This is a good introduction to the chakras, which figures prominently from anything having to do with Ayurvedic medicine to Yogic philosophy. Like anything philosophical in nature (particularly New Age philosopy), it is a slow read and I often had to reread paragraphs to fully grasp what the author was saying, and even then wasn't positive what the author was really saying. A useful chart and some guided meditations focusing on each of the chakras could prove useful to a limited audience.
Šári
Good book to begin my studies with. Disturbingly bad Czech translation though...
Kathryn
Mar 05, 2008 Kathryn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kathryn by: my sister, Melanie
It speaks about 7 different energies our bodies have - what they mean and how we can work through them when they are blocked. It taught me how to meditate and it helps me turn inward and listen to God more clearly. One thing I do not agree with is that the book says Jesus is only a prophet and not the Son of God. I can still take the truths in this book that I do believe coincide with my beliefs. It is just a different way of looking at spirituality - a new perspective.
Rebekka
Excellent! I am inexperienced with this knowledge and it read very well. I look forward to more mature experienced and further readings on this topic!
Swhite
Chakras were my last "new age" holdout until I read David Pond's astrology books and loved his warm,down-to-earth style and saw he wrote this book. If you want to know what chakras are about in a way most people can relate to, then this is your book. His essays at the end are intriguing too and his meditations/exercises? Not cumbersome and not freaky at all. :)
Andy
I much enjoyed this book. For the novice that I am, Mr Pond is very clear, concise and simple when describing each of the chakras and their place in the energy scheme..
Christina
This book is a great beginners guide to understanding chakras. I still refer back to it and reread it. It's a very quick read and I also used tabs to separate each of the chakras.
It is a beginners book so it doesn't go into depth regarding the other chakras but covers the main 7.
Chazzy
surprisingly compelling, even now, although at the time i knew practically nothing about the subject. it's still a reference i use in my practice. i especially enjoy the phrasing of certain critical themes related to moving energy in the body.
Angela
A wonderful guide for beginners that describes clearly what the chakras are and how to work with them. Some guided meditations are given to help the reader work with each chakra. Very basic but still requires some time to read.
Kerri

Great introduction to chakra system but I wanted a more in depth description of each chakra. I would recommend this book to someone who wants a very basic explanation of the chakras.
Ruby Gutka
Wonderful book and definetly will buy this book as it will help me on my journey to align my chakras...
Eartha
This book is full of good, solid information, definitely a good introduction. This one I refer to alot.
Candace
Excellent intro book with some very thought provoking short essays at the end.
Marie E.
Interesting reference guide on a subject I knew nothing about.
Timothy
An excellent read for understanding the power of Chakra energy.
Diane
A basic book. Better books on the market.
Crystal

Excellent beginner book! I loved it!!
Denise
my chakras are all messed up! i need balance!
  • The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras
  • Mishima: A Biography
  • The Book of Chakras: Discover the Hidden Forces Within You
  • The Complete Book of Chakra Healing: Activate the Transformative Power of Your Energy Centers
  • ...Or Not to Be: A Collection of Suicide Notes
  • Things I've Learned from Dying: A Book About Life
  • The Chakras
  • Chakra Clearing
  • The Meditation Bible: The Definitive Guide to Meditations for Every Purpose
  • Adult Children Secrets of Dysfunctional Families: The Secrets of Dysfunctional Families
  • The Provenance Press Guide to the Wiccan Year: Spells, Rituals, and Holiday Celebrations
  • The Gilded Tarot
  • Chakra Meditation: Discover Energy, Creativity, Focus, Love, Communication, Wisdom, and Spirit
Western Seeker, Eastern Paths: Exploring Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism & Tantra Astrology & Relationships: Techniques for Harmonious Personal Connections The Pursuit of Happiness: Integrating the Chakras for Complete Harmony Mapping Your Romantic Relationships: Discover Your Love Potential The Metaphysical Handbook