Start by marking “Ice Bear” as Want to Read:
Ice Bear

Ice Bear (Read and Wonder)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  65 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Huge, magnificent, alone, the bear moves through the frozen Arctic. Powerful hunter, tender mother, gentle playmate - it shares this land of ice and snow with the Inuit people, who watch and learn from it. Come witness the majesty of Ice Bear.
Published December 1st 2008 by Walker & Company (first published November 8th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Ice Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ice Bear

Jesse McMorris
Dec 08, 2015 Jesse McMorris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ice Bear: In the Steps of the Polar Bear is written by Nicoloa Davies and is illustrated by Gary Blythe. The illustrations help the book so much because of all the pastel colors that they end up using. The book has a ton of different colors in it like the sunset and the ocean are varied with colors of blue and orange. This is more of an informational book than anything because it is not giving you too much information is gives you enough information that is good. I would actually use this book i ...more
Jessica Minnoia
Mar 22, 2010 Jessica Minnoia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book
This book is a non-fiction picture book about the lives of polar bears. The illustrations are beautiful and it contains a ton of information on polar bears. Each page contains part of the "story" and also includes facts about polar bears. At the end is a page breifly describing how polar bears are endagered and simple tips on what we can do to help.
This book could be used as a read-aloud for a K-4 class, but the activities/discussions would vary greatly depending on the age range. For the youn
Aug 23, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful book that tells just enough details about the polar bear to teach children something new yet not so dense with info that it loses that picture-book feel. Beautiful illustrations complement this text.
Jan 24, 2015 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great nonfiction book that reads like a picture book. There are smaller font sentences on the page that give more detailed facts about the polar bears for a more in depth read.

Good for preschool storytimes.
Yara Luz
Mar 08, 2015 Yara Luz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a good choice to learn about Polar Bears and we could help stop animals extinction and stop the global warming. I recommend this book because it have at the end of the book a page talking about what are the main things that we can do to stop global warming and animals extinction.
This is a great non-fiction picture book about polar bears. We read it to complement our history lesson about the Northern Native Americans in North America.
Carrie Gelson
Love this series and Nicola Davies is such an amazing author of the information story book. My students were spellbound listening to this story and it inspired many questions.
Meghan Nels
Meghan Nels rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2014
Elisabeth Ellington
Elisabeth Ellington rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2015
Lova rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2016
Laura Simpson
This one was really good. Lyrical, beautiful and enchanting for young readers
Marianne rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2008
Ingrid rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2015
Ralf Urbach
Ralf Urbach rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2013
Rubi rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2014
Kendra rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2015
Bree rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2013
Alyssa rated it really liked it
May 25, 2014
Lisa rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2015
Rachel rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2014
Jan 07, 2016 Casandria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really well-written and interesting!
Susie LaBelle
Susie LaBelle rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2015
Nancy rated it really liked it
May 09, 2012
Jason Ader
Jason Ader rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2013
Christy rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Logan rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Christine rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2014
Michele rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2011
Sarah rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Mindi rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
"I was very small when I saw my first dolphin," says zoologist Nicola Davies, recalling a seminal visit with her father to a dolphin show at the zoo. Enchanted at the sight of what she called the "big fish" jumping so high and swimming so fast, she determined right then that she would meet the amazing creatures again "in the wild, where they belonged." And indeed she did--as part of a pair of scie ...more
More about Nicola Davies...

Read and Wonder (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • A Field Full of Horses: Read and Wonder
  • All Pigs Are Beautiful: Read and Wonder
  • Bat Loves the Night: Read and Wonder
  • Big Blue Whale: Read and Wonder
  • Chameleons Are Cool: Read and Wonder
  • Dolphin Baby!
  • Gentle Giant Octopus: Read and Wonder
  • Growing Frogs
  • I Love Guinea Pigs (Read and Wonder Books)
  • Jody's Beans