Start by marking “Agents Of Atlas: Dark Reign” as Want to Read:
Agents Of Atlas: Dark Reign

Agents Of Atlas: Dark Reign (Agents of Atlas #1)

The heroes of the 1950's are back with big plans for the 21st Century!
When Federal enforcers under the hand of Norman Osborn bust into an armory under control of the Atlas Foundation, Jimmy Woo's Agents go head-to-head with the new powers that be. How it all goes down will make the playing field of the modern Marvel universe more volatile than ever!

Collecting: Agents of At
Hardcover, Premiere, 184 pages
Published August 19th 2009 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Agents Of Atlas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Agents Of Atlas

Jean-Pierre Vidrine
Oct 15, 2011 Jean-Pierre Vidrine rated it really liked it
Ah, the thrill of a Marvel super hero team of misfits! But this one is different: they get along. Following right on the heals of the initial mini-series, the team of oddball 1950's characters re-imagined does just what they planned to do at the end of the first story: they continue operating the empire of Khan! Of course, there is the over-arcing Dark Reign story, leading to encounters with Norman Osborn and some of Marvel's greatest heroes. Those encounters definitely don't go as anyone would ...more
Travis
Jan 27, 2010 Travis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-books
An Asian super spy, a talking gorilla, a kid raised by aliens, a killer robot, the goddess of love and a princess from Atlantis have been put in charge of the conspiracy that's been running the world and while trying to turn it into something that will help mankind are believed to be criminals by the rest of the world's super heroes and villains.
This all works because Parker takes some great goofy characters and writes them completely straight and at the same time uses them to point out how weak
Khairul H.
Oct 17, 2009 Khairul H. rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Is it me? Am I cursed? Most of the books that I like end up cancelled. Agents of Atlas is the latest. This series lasted only 11 issues and this collection includes the first five issues plus a couple of one-shots. For the uninitiated, Agents of Atlas count amongst its members a talking gorilla. A talking gorilla, people! What else do you need?

Not as great as its mini series published a couple years back but it's still a fun read.

Ernest
Mar 19, 2012 Ernest rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting volume of a group filled with odd characters. While this volume for me only sporadically provided wow moments, there was just enough here to keep me reading to the end. I do wonder, though, if I would have persisted if it wasn’t a Marvel 616 universe work. Particular mention must be made of the various art styles, all working in their own way.
Matthew
Jan 22, 2015 Matthew rated it liked it
Shelves: marvel
The main story itself is good, if mostly build up for the following story.

The Avengers One-Shot at the end is awful in that its writer clearly hadn't done much if any of a job of reading the Agents of ATLAS before using the characters, so does not even have the correct team line-up, or name, for the time period it is set in.
Brent
Jun 10, 2013 Brent rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
it's the first time I've heard of this group as I'm relatively new to graphic novels. I rather liked it. the characters were likable with their slightly dark humor. I also liked the retro flashbacks, since it gave me some nice backstory. It's seems just as well written and illustrated as other marvel comics.
Jason
Feb 27, 2012 Jason rated it it was amazing
Fantastic. This is one of those books that I wanted to read when it was in monthly publication but never got around to it. What a gem. I think it got lost in the mess that was Dark Reign in the Marvel U. It is a nice mix of traditional super hero and spy stories with a well balanced telling of the back story.
Phillip Goodman
not the best of the series, probably the worst, seems very much like an incomplete story, one that based on the concept could have been a hell of a lot more interesting, ironically the best thing in it seems to be the kiddies avengers adventures (or whatever) kang the conqueror story, which i could see being developed into a full length (not for kidies) story.
Mike
Oct 16, 2009 Mike rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Not quite as solid as the original mini-series, this collection of recent appearances of the Agents of Atlas is still full of ass-kicking high adventure comic stories.

As long as the Agents are roaming the Marvel Universe, portrayed as the top dogs they really are, I'll forgive Marvel quite a bit.
Alan
Jan 21, 2010 Alan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marvel's favorite heroes acting like villains in order to save the world remains a fun, if not jaunty read. I think the reason I did not give this four stars is because I know the series is coming to an end, and it feels like much will be left unresolved.
Holden Attradies
A fun continuation of the first story, but not quiet as good. But still a fun, engaging read with decent artwork.
Angela
Good start to an intriguing series. Good guys posing as bad guys to get the bad guys. The characters are retro and that can be fun. I like the robot.
Duane Ballenger
May 02, 2012 Duane Ballenger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this old school band of weirdo-heroes! Can't seem to get a series like this to stick around. Agents of Atlas, and the Twelve, I shall miss you!
Nazary
Nov 22, 2012 Nazary rated it it was ok
The stories were pretty fun but they assumed a level of familiarity with the characters that I just didn't have
Matt
Jan 27, 2012 Matt rated it really liked it
Shelves: atlas
Still great, fun stuff. I love this series. Parker does a great job of interweaving various elements into s grand narrative. Excellent stuff.
Ben
Oct 14, 2011 Ben rated it liked it
Not as good as the first volume as Parker had to write into the cross-over--not much character development happening.
David Mckenzie
David Mckenzie rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2011
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Craig
Craig rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2009
Christopher
Christopher rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2014
Jason
Jason rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2014
Andrew Boscardin
Andrew Boscardin rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2010
Darth
Darth rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2012
Caleb
Caleb rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2015
David
David rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2010
Sera Yazıcıoğlu
Sera Yazıcıoğlu rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2013
sedric flowers
sedric flowers rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2016
  • Ms. Marvel, Volume 6: Ascension
  • Punisher: Dark Reign
  • Marvel Chronicle
  • Secret Warriors, Volume 1: Nick Fury, Agent Of Nothing
  • Black Panther: Enemy Of The State (Black Panther)
  • The Marvels Project
  • The Immortal Iron Fist, Volume 4: The Mortal Iron Fist
  • Ultimatum: Requiem
More about Jeff Parker...

Agents of Atlas (6 books)
  • Agents of Atlas