Start by marking “High Heels And Homicide (Maggie Kelly Mystery, #4)” as Want to Read:
High Heels And Homicide (Maggie Kelly Mystery, #4)

High Heels And Homicide (Maggie Kelly Mystery #4)

While in England to watch one of her novels being shot as a major motion picture, Maggie Kelly, along with her all-to-real hero Alexandre, becomes immersed in a murder mystery when the manor house they are staying at becomes the playground of a clever killer.
Published December 1st 2005 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about High Heels And Homicide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High Heels And Homicide

Dawn
Aug 16, 2016 Dawn rated it liked it
I'm being a little generous with three stars, but I haven't read the first three books in this series and maybe that makes a difference. I did like the concept. The mystery wasn't bad. I liked that any romance was really only hinted at. The pacing, however, was agonizingly slow. The murder didn't even occur until halfway through the book. And the main character is a writer but the best response she seems to be able to come up with is "bite me," which she says A LOT. Also the title is really misl ...more
Kme_17
Jul 13, 2012 Kme_17 rated it really liked it
This is fourth book in the enjoyable Maggie Kelly Mysteries. This time Maggie , Sterling ,St John and crew go to England , to supervise one of Maggie's books becoming a made for TV movie. As always trouble follows the group, when a murder happens and no one from the highly unusual movie crew can leave the house because of a rain storm flooding the only way to town. This book was a fun read! I laughed at the very descriptive way she talked about the movie cast. Also there were some delightful mom ...more
Nicole
Oct 30, 2008 Nicole rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: I wouldn't
Recommended to Nicole by: Kelly
At the best I would call this book cute. The title is really misleading. It makes it sound like some super cool glamorous character gets caught up in these homisides and deals with it all fashionably. In reality the main character is an awkward mystery writer who's fictional hero some how became real in a previous book. Since her mysteries historical, her now real life hero doesn't quite fit in our current time period. I kept picturing the actor who plays Shrlock Holmes on PBS as the hero charac ...more
Linda
Oct 27, 2014 Linda rated it liked it
Loved the old trapped in a haunted house with a killer on the loose premise of the book. Fun banter between Maggie and Saint Just as always.
Kelly Loncloff
Mar 09, 2014 Kelly Loncloff rated it it was amazing
When I saw the cover of this book, I did not expect to like it, but I really loved it.

PS. I apologize for my English, I'm still learning.

Karen
Aug 01, 2010 Karen rated it did not like it
I really didn't care for this at all. I don't know if I just wasn't in the mood, or was eager to get back to Jack, but this didn't do anything for me at all! Firstly, I didn't like the phrases the protag used - just my own little bugbear, and one which I could probably have lived with. What I couldn't get over was the fact that her characters (she is an author) had come to life....WHAT!!!??? Sorry, just not my cup of tea, I'm afraid.
Michele
Nov 06, 2010 Michele rated it it was ok
It was ok. I didn't realize this was party of the maggie series. I tried reading one a couple of months back, and couldn't get over alex's way of talking. i finished this one only because i still wanted to know how it ended, but it took me over a month to actually finish it... i most likely won't get any more books in this series because its just not my style of reading.
Shannon
May 01, 2008 Shannon rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
This time Maggie, St. Just and Sterling are off to England for a filming of one of her Regency mysteries, starring St. Just as the main character.

Quirky and silly but still a bit of fun. This time she takes on screenwriters too. Maybe I just like writers who don't take themselves too seriously, and it shows through here.
Beby
Apr 15, 2012 Beby rated it liked it
gue kasi tiga bintang untuk novel ini karena sampe buku ke-4 hubungan Maggie dan Alex tidak ada perkembangan. misteri pembunuhannya juga tidak terlalu menarik. hal yang gue suka dari novel ini kepolosan Sterling, hubungan persahabatan yg cukup erat antara Alex dan Sterling.

Heather
Mar 13, 2011 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
My least favorite of this series by far - probably because of the very lack of romance Maggie's editor is lamenting in her latest tome. I think I will stick with the series though and try the last one - just because the premise and characters are so entertaining.
Janet
May 11, 2009 Janet rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
Huh? That was pretty much my reaction to most of this book. So much was left unexplained it felt like one large inside joke. Turns out I stumbled into the middle of a series. Now, do I really want to start over with #1?
Jacque
I may have enjoyed this book more if I had read the previous books in the series. It was hard to grasp what was going on and I had a hard time relating to the characters.
Kasey M.
Jul 18, 2012 Kasey M. rated it liked it

This book was pretty good. Kind of cliche, the whole 'mystery' aspect, and I totally saw parts of it coming. Overall though the book was pretty awesome. XD
C K
Oct 10, 2012 C K rated it it was amazing
This is an author that I have read a lot of and have added her books to my 'keeper' book shelf. Most I have read at least twice and some even more than that.
Marissa
Mar 26, 2011 Marissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
Another humorous murder mystery for Alex, Maggie & Sterling! The new cast of characters was very entertaining, and the English setting was a nice change. Fun!
Paula
Aug 01, 2011 Paula rated it liked it
Cute. Might have enjoyed it more if I'd read earlier books from this series. Didn't figure out who the murder/s were, but really did't care either.
Angela
Dec 01, 2011 Angela rated it it was ok
It wasn't one of the best books I've ever read. Kind of boring. Did not live up to the hype. I wanted a new series to read. This isn't it.
Rachel
Jan 25, 2010 Rachel rated it liked it
This was just Ok. Maybe because I think it is part of a series and I never read the others, I just could not get into this.
Debra McEathron
Apr 09, 2016 Debra McEathron rated it really liked it
It took a while to get into this one. Once the murders happened it got a lot more interesting>
Rebecca
Nov 07, 2008 Rebecca rated it did not like it
Seriously lame. Poor plot, exceptionally poor writing (very hard to follow). Blah!
Amy
Jul 14, 2012 Amy rated it did not like it
Tell, tell, tell, very little show. And not even a decent love scene. Blurgh.
Amanda Owen
Mar 24, 2010 Amanda Owen rated it liked it
It was a cute and fun book. Very Nancy Drew but only for adults.
Eunira
Jul 12, 2010 Eunira rated it it was ok
Shelves: available
This is really not my kind of book. At best, I'd call it fluffy.
Samantha D
Dec 15, 2013 Samantha D rated it really liked it
Smart, charming, funny. And a good mystery, of course.
Garden Gal
Dec 30, 2012 Garden Gal rated it really liked it
Maggie and crew keep rolling along.
alex
Nov 06, 2007 alex rated it liked it
Shelves: lightreading
Fluffy, fun, interesting mystery plot.
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 Sylvia rated it liked it
Mystery
Erin
Jul 06, 2008 Erin rated it it was ok
boring!!
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it it was amazing
  • Deadly Desire (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #4)
  • Calamity Jayne Goes to College (Calamity Jayne, #4)
  • Have Glass Slippers, Will Travel
  • I'm No Angel
  • Phi Beta Bimbo
  • The Elephant Girl
  • Hello, Doggy! (Guys & Dogs, #3)
  • This Perfect Kiss
  • Princess Charming
  • Twice the Temptation (Samantha Jellicoe, #4)
  • Working Stiff (Sofie Metropolis, #4)
  • Bubbles Ablaze (Bubbles Yablonsky, #3)
  • Code Name: Blondie (SEAL and Code Name, #8)
  • Got Your Number
Kasey Michaels is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than 100 books (she doesn't count them). Kasey has received three coveted Starred Reviews from Publishers Weekly, two for the historical romances, THE SECRETS OF THE HEART and THE BUTLER DID IT, and a third for contemporary romance LOVE TO LOVE YOU BABY (that shows diversity, you see). She is a recipient of the RITA, a W ...more
More about Kasey Michaels...

Maggie Kelly Mystery (6 books)
  • Maggie Needs An Alibi (Maggie Kelly Mystery, #1)
  • Maggie By The Book (Maggie Kelly Mystery, #2)
  • Maggie Without A Clue (Maggie Kelly Mystery, #3)
  • High Heels and Holidays (Maggie Kelly Mystery, #5)
  • Bowled Over (Maggie Kelly Mystery, #6)