Start by marking “Spiral: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Spiral: A Novel

Spiral: A Novel

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Nicholas Greer is a writer who’s broke and on the verge of divorce. The life of Frank Spira, the controversial painter he’s been researching for six years, has become more real to him than his own. Nick has just finished writing his book when he gets a call telling him that one of Spira’s closest friends, Jacob Grossman, a man who went missing twenty-six years ago, has bee ...more
Published July 13th 2004 by Vintage (first published June 17th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Spiral, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spiral

Claire Jackson
I read this book a few years ago on holliday and its concepts and storyline often pops into confersations, a great mystery that develops with a theme about the artworld that i found tantalising as an artist myself. I highly recommend to and artists as a different story to get your ideas flowing and its highly entertaining if you stick with it to the end. A great few twists in the last few chapters :)
Alexa
I read this book a few years ago & I was trying to describe the story to a friend of mine & as there were a lot of it I couldn't remember I decided to read it again.
I was not disappointed, even though I knew the 'twist in the tale' it didn't spoil the story for me. This is a great thriller & I have now bought 'Mirror' by the same author.
Karen (mena) SR
I choose to read this book because the cover looked interesting. I thought it was kind of stressful at times (mainly because of the obssesive behavior of Nick Greer, though it was kind of awesome how persistent he was at getting the whole story), but it was a good mistery novel and I enjoyed reading it.
Katie
I gave this only three stars because it was hard for me to get into...that said, once I did I couldn't put it down. I literally read the last 3/4 of the book in two days. Great mystery and I usually don't like mysteries. Gets bogged down here and there with art jumbo jumbo but well developed story and characters.
K
Arc copy. Fairly disturbing fiction of warped art world.
Brandy
I got this book at a $2-for-all-the-books-you-can-fit-in-a-grocery-bag sale at my library just because the cover looked interesting. I was pleasantly surprised at how entertaining this story was, even if it was a little sketchy at times. I probably won't read it again but it was a good summer read.
Megan
Superb. Creates a kind of madness that draws you down into it too. For weeks my thoughts were aslant over this book. I still think of tattoos differently, more reverently.
Karen Meleady
Karen Meleady marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Tee
Tee marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Mike Ritt
Mike Ritt marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Pierluigi Omodeo
Pierluigi Omodeo marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Braden Z
Braden Z marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Betsy
Betsy marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Rob Davis
Rob Davis marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015