Start by marking “A Heart Exposed: Talking to God with Nothing to Hide” as Want to Read:
A Heart Exposed: Talking to God with Nothing to Hide

A Heart Exposed: Talking to God with Nothing to Hide

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The prayers of the people in Scripture contain everything from powerful stories of deliverance and explosions of heartfelt praise to desperate cries for mercy and incisive observations about the injustices of life. In the Psalms alone we find both complaints and outbursts of amazement along with whispered pleas that throb with grief and pain.
Why then do our prayers today
Published September 1st 2009 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about A Heart Exposed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Heart Exposed

Laura Bowman
LOVE LOVE THIS BOOK! I've read through it 4 or 5 times. Have added it to my morning devotions for the last year or so.

Agree with earlier review sort of a modern day The Valley of Vision but so much easier to pray and grasp.
Oct 15, 2012 Sarah rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Similar in scope and power to a modern-day Valley of Vision; I read a few of these prayers every day as a devotional aid, and was often, often challenged, convicted, or comforted by a line or phrase that did expose my heart. As a writer, I appreciated the craftsmanship and the beauty as well; challenged me to think about my own prayers, and everyday conversations too, and be intentional and thoughtful in choosing my words, instead of rambling to fill awkward silences.
Rick
Well crafted. He can really turn a phrase. This book could be packaaged as free verse poetry, but poetry does not sell particularly well. A couple selections are metered and rhymed. James can capture without pretense the soul's grappling with the divine and turn that struggle into terrific prose.
Lynnette Franciscus
Some of the prayers are "raw". Some are more "polished". There are also some short essays or "parables" included. All of it is heartfelt and worth reading.
Taffi
Awesome book! Really raw emotions. A wonderful read! Can be read at a stretch or at periodic intervals!
Angela Scarborough
Angela Scarborough marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Eli
Eli marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Good Reader
Good Reader marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Lou
Lou marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Lacy Lovett
Lacy Lovett marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Val Wittek
Val Wittek marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Seth Bobbink
Seth Bobbink marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Dustin Jackson
Dustin Jackson marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Timothy Kauphusman
Timothy Kauphusman marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
Delores
Delores marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2013
Amy Gomez
Amy Gomez marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Steven James is the best selling author of more than three dozen books, including the Patrick Bowers and Jevin Banks thriller series. In May 2014 he released the first book of his teen suspense trilogy, Blur, and a book on the craft of novel writing, Story Trumps Structure. Steven’s other works span a variety of genres including non fiction, fantasy and drama. He has received wide critical acclaim ...more
More about Steven James...
The Pawn (The Patrick Bowers Files, #1) The Rook (The Patrick Bowers Files, #2) The Knight (The Patrick Bowers Files, #3) The Bishop (The Patrick Bowers Files, #4) The Queen (Patrick Bowers Files, #5)