Start by marking “Spinning Around” as Want to Read:
Spinning Around

Spinning Around

Hello? I think there's been some mistake. The life I ordered was the one with the gorgeous, helpful husband, the two well-mannered, angelic children, and the self-cleaning dream house. Here's what was delivered: Matt, the sort-of soul mate with great stories and sketchy domestic skills; Emily, a sweet little girl who could get carsick on a tricycle; weirdly sensitive ...more
Published October 1st 2006 by Kensington (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Spinning Around, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spinning Around

Paulina
Mar 04, 2012 Paulina rated it did not like it
A terrible, predictable bore.
Kristie Helms
Aug 31, 2010 Kristie Helms rated it did not like it
This is pretty much the stupidest book on the planet. That's about all I can say.
Louise
Feb 08, 2013 Louise rated it it was ok
I skipped a lot of this book and I really didn't find the rest of it too interesting - a shame because I have enjoyed the other Catherine Jinks' books I've read.

A mother of 2 bemoans the loss of her manicure, figure, bank balance, and sexy boyfriend. Then she bemoans being a mother of 2, the band-aids on her hands, her weight gain, her messy house and the fact that her sexy boyfriend is now her husband. Some people are never happy.

Along the way we meet a 'perfect mother', a corporate embezzler,
Nicola
Jul 08, 2013 Nicola rated it liked it
Not bad for a grab from the bin at the dollar store. I think I picked it up because it met one of the requirements of a reading challenge - one I apparently did not complete as this has been in the pile for ages.
Nothing truly compelling, but not so bad I had to plug my nose to finish it! Helen apparently needed a good wake up call - to recognize all the wonderful things she had. Matt needed a good shake and a reminder to communicate with his family!
The resolution could have covered a few more
Bree
Sep 27, 2012 Bree rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
This was actually a decent Chick Lit book. I didn't feel that it was overwhelmingly similar to other books I have read in that genre (I hate when I start one and say, "Geez did I already read this, or was it another book just the same?") It was first person; she was likable. the plot was decent, if not better to describe as a real situation, not super far-fetched, as I have once again read in the past. I bought it for $.10 so I can't complain!
Jane Routley
Aug 03, 2014 Jane Routley rated it liked it
Light frothy, absorbing and fun, but I thought the structure went a bit wonky at the end. Enjoyed it very much though. and was genuinely worried for the narrator even though sometimes her voice was a bit shrill. All about early motherhood and its slings and arrows.
Sara
Sep 01, 2016 Sara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, australian
I was a bit disappointed in this book as the characters were all annoying and the story just seemed to drag on
Topaz
Apr 30, 2013 Topaz rated it did not like it
From the description I thought it would be quite nice and funny, but it turned out to be predictable and boring. It went on and on and on but nothing really happened in the end.
Michelle
Aug 12, 2012 Michelle rated it did not like it
OMG this was painful to read. I guess thats what you get for paying $1.29 or so for it. This book just dragged on!
Amy
Aug 02, 2012 Amy rated it did not like it
I picked up the book at a flea market for a quarter. I read 3 pages and grew bored. So I headed to Goodreads to see if I should continue. Thanks for saving my time everyone!
Mel
Mel rated it really liked it
May 11, 2012
Dena
Dena rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2010
Shallowreader VaVeros
Shallowreader VaVeros rated it it was ok
Apr 12, 2012
Rachel Hall
Rachel Hall rated it it was ok
Aug 17, 2015
Taylor Lee
Taylor Lee rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Amy Demars
Amy Demars rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2012
Michelle Heins
Michelle Heins rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2011
Kezia
Kezia rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2008
Sandra
Sandra rated it liked it
May 19, 2009
Kay
Kay rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2013
Dina Roberts
Dina Roberts rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2013
Karen
Karen rated it it was ok
Aug 28, 2012
Jhane Daguman
Jhane Daguman rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2015
Leigh
Leigh rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Ealaindraoi
Ealaindraoi rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2007
Nick Knight
Nick Knight rated it liked it
May 19, 2014
Sarah Rust
Sarah Rust rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2013
Cassie
Cassie rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2011
Dellaneira
Dellaneira rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2016
Catherine Jinks is the Australian author of more than thirty books for all ages. She has garnered many awards, including the Children’s Book Council of Australia Book of the Year Award(three times), the Victorian Premier’s Award, the Aurealis Award for Science Fiction, the Australian Ibby Award, and the Davitt Award for Crime Fiction. Her work has been published in Australia, New Zealand, Britain, ...more
More about Catherine Jinks...