Cory Stories: A Kid's Book about Living with ADHD

Cory Stories: A Kid's Book about Living with ADHD

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  5 reviews
In short statements and vignettes, Cory describes what it's like to have ADHD: how it affects his relationships with friends and family, his school performance and his overall functioning.
Published January 1st 2005 by Magination Press (first published August 30th 2004)

Carmen
Sep 21, 2011 Carmen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Parents/Children wiht ADHD
I go this book for my 8 yo son after his diagnosis of ADHD and our decision to try out medication to help him. This book is just perfect for a young boy to understand what ADHD is and that he is not the only one going through these struggles. I am not sure how this would translate to a girl, but for a young boy, it was just perfect.
Carol
A great book. My son has not been diagnosed with ADHD, but he has some similar issues that ADHD kids deal with. Reading this book gave me some great ideas for helping him cope with things that have been frustrating all of us.
Danielle
Even tho my son is older then the target audience(10), he felt as tho this was written about himself and felt relieved in a way. I find it to be a simply yet detailed read that boys will easily relate to.
Karl
I wish there was a female protagonist, since I got this to read to my daughter with ADHD.
Chelsea
Suggest that parent read first to see if it fits child.
Prettypinktulips
Prettypinktulips marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Brittany Pacheco
Brittany Pacheco marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Michelle Petersen
Michelle Petersen marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Hayden
Hayden added it
Mar 03, 2014
Nicollette Goree
Nicollette Goree marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Emer Antar
Emer Antar marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Holly Markley
Holly Markley marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Jeanine Gray
Jeanine Gray marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Get Ready for Jetty!: My Journal About ADHD and Me Wrinkles, Waistlines and Wet Pants Hi, My Name is Matt: I Have Asperger Syndrome