Start by marking “The Last Wilderness (Seekers, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Last Wilderness (Seekers, #4)

The Last Wilderness (Seekers #4)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  2,101 ratings  ·  67 reviews
Is this journey's end . . . or just the beginning?

Toklo, Kallik, Lusa, and Ujurak have finally reached the Last Great Wilderness, the legendary bear paradise they've been searching for. But while his companions think they've come to the end of their long journey, Ujurak feels a deep unrest. Is this truly where they're meant to be?

In the Last Great Wilderness, one by one th
Published February 9th 2010 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2010)

Corduroy by Don FreemanBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. MilneLittle Bear by Else Holmelund MinarikThe Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
Bears on Bookcovers
20th out of 135 books — 16 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothEragon by Christopher PaoliniGatsby's Smile by Morana BlueThe Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
Which to read first?
94th out of 101 books — 21 voters

More lists with this book...

Nicholas
Toklo, Kallik, Lusa and their shape - shifter friend Ujurak have finally reach the Last Great Wilderness. Some of them go on their own and some stay. Until they come together to be strong again. But when disaster strikes they are forced to leave risking one of their own. The flat- faces forcing them to go so they don’t get capture. Is this journey coming to the end or is it just the beginning?

People should read this if you like adventures books. Adventure’s books are full of actions and problems
Anacca Renner

The Last Wilderness (Seekers #4)
by Erin Hunter
Fantasy
288 pages

Toklo, Kallik, Lusa and Ujurak have finally made it to the Last Great Wilderness, but has their journey ended..or just begun? Ujurak thinks that this is not the last part of their journey. Is it?

I think this book is a good sequel to Smoke Mountain and overall a good book for a few reasons. One is the bonding between Lusa and Toklo. They really care for each other and it adds to the story a lot. Another reason is Toklo becomes more of
Kayla
All in all this was a pretty good book, although I though the ending could have been warped up a little different. It seemed like it was lacking the important details and had to much unnecessary details. Though I might have to reread the ending because I was reading at school wale we were watching some dumb movie.

In this book you will see what the four bear friends will decide to do will they continue there journey or will this be the end.

Will Kallik go to the ice that has been calling her for
Desirée & Paul
This series is an interesting read - fun for a different point of view on how humans don't treat the world as well as we probably should. It's funny to look at it all from the perspective of a bear because they don't know about "our world". I've warmed up to the series but it's still doesn't make the top of the list. I'm interested enough to want to know what happens next, but not enough that I'd pay full price for the next books and thankful enough that I got the first 5 of this series off the ...more
~Megan~
I like Warriors a lot better than Seekers. Not that I have anything against bears, it's just that I think in Warriors the characters are developed much better, and the plot is more clear. I honestly didn't really know what they were trying to do in this series until I read this book. I heard that there's going to be a second six-book series for Seekers. It's kind of funny how Erin Hunter's series keep getting extended...not that I mind, for Warriors, at least. This Seekers book was a bit weird, ...more
Jenaka Fontes
Seekers: The Last Wilderness is the 4th book ina series of 6. It is about 4 bears named Toklo, Kallik, Lusa and Ujarak (he can turn into any animal).They have came a long way from the forest to the "flat-face" town (what they call humans). Ujarak swallows a fish hook while a goose and it gets lodged in his throat. His friends get him to change into a flat-face cub. They take him to a doctor in the woods. The doctor gets the hook out and while he is leaving, the government comes in and want to d ...more
Ipodshuffle266 Meredith
Wow, the books in this series seem to be getting worse as they go. This one was very dull and I had a hard time even getting through it. It was very boring and I found myself not caring at all.
Isaac Bertke
I really like this book because after a long travel and search the 4 bears finally come to the place of the Last Great Wilderness.Along the way they encountered thing like hunters who try to kill them. One of the bears were eating an got a hook caught in his esophagus and had to get help from some villagers. But as they are at the village some rich people came to by the land the village is on and when they see the bear hurt they take him to a real hospital. After the bear is found by his other f ...more
Sherlock 221
I love Erin Hunter but the plots are predictable so I'm reading this right and I'm like EPIC FACEPALM!!!! I like the warriors a lot better the twists and drama and combat....... I am not sure if I will finish it or just take a break... I usually thoroughly enjoy her books but this one did not have its usual flare I give it three stars because it's well described and I do love all of her other work and one bad rating can lead to thousands more spoo....yeah you get the picture.

Plz do better in the
A.R. Collins
I'm really enjoying this series of books. This is the fourth, and so far they have been a consistent four stars. I'm going to start with what is keeping this instalment off the five-star mark, just to get it out of the way, but these things do not really spoil my enjoyment. Please be aware that this review contains spoilers for the first book, though not for this one.

Firstly, I think the authors (a little disappointing they turn out to be more than one person!) could be a little more careful wit
Ben
When I started reading this book, I couldn't think of what they'd be doing. They already got to the last great wilderness which really explains itself. After a few pages it became clear to me what was probably going to happen: The last great wilderness will go away. I think that this is a great way to keep the series going and makes me wonder how they're going to save it.
The main part that sets off this book is when Ujarak gets hurt by swallowing a fishing hook while he was morphed into a bir
Grace Cuenca
I thought that this book was great because it was very adventurous and had some exciting twists and turns. Sometimes the things that happend surprised me and I always couldn't wait to see what would happen next. At the Last Great Wilderness, the bears start to remember their true natures. Toklo the grizzly bear longs to hunt caribou and make scratch marks on the trees to mark his territory. Kallik the polar bear is still not comepletely fond of the ground and wishes she could go back to the ice ...more
Ashley
Claire
It has been established that once Ujurak transforms into an animal, he becomes that animal, body and soul, and sees the world through their eyes, rather than through the eyes of a bear. Once that became apparent to me, my first thought was, "What if Ujurak transformed into a human? What would he see differently that he wouldn't be able to see as a bear? How would he react to this sudden influx of knowledge and awareness and sentience? Would he be overwhelmed? Would he sympathize with humanity? W ...more
Kia Johnson
I really enjoyed this book. It included lots of adventure and suspense. It taught a great lesson in the importance of sticking together. It also showed us that we as humans and animals all have to live in this world together and that it is possible if we just take time to understand each other and not immediately think the worse.
Deb
The book became WAY WAY WAY to preachy about the evils of oil dwelling. This is a children's book, not an adult book! We own the next book, so I will read it, but I will not be buying any more books in this series. I felt that the authors spent too much time on their own views. The point could have been given in a condensed manner. Just my opinion.
Samantha
I just really love this series, and I keep waiting for a book to be not as good as the previous ones but it just isn't happening. This one had more interaction and explanation of the flat faces and the journey the bears are on. This is just a great story, anyone who is an animal lover or a nature lover should read these. There is a great story about friends with this underlying "humans are destroying the world we need to fix it" theme.
Emeraldwolf360
It was awesomely epic!!!! My favorite part was when Ujarak was talking to Maria and she was like," Wow, are those your pet bears? Can i touch them?" Poor Toklo hes not purple and he never liked Maria, the flat-face.
Gitty Mandel
The three bears arrive at the next great wilderness on their quest to stop the people, whom they call "flat faces", and "no claws" from spreading oil all over the world.
Raevyn ~I Stand For Jesus~
It's didactic, but at the same time, I'm just happy to have some chapters from Ujurak's point of view.
Casidy
I love this series it's just amazing
Areya
I need #5 Fire in the sky!!!
Michael G
This is a really good book. It is about a group of bears that will have to leave their sanctuary due to all the bear attacks that are happening. The hunters don't want the bears to leave their sanctuary because then they won't have anything to hunt when they go hunting. The bears don't want to leave the sancuary because then they won't have no where to live and that is where they were born to live and probably the only place were they can find food easily.
Darren
Good nature conservation lessons. I was afraid the bears were going to split up. I was thinking that Ujurak was just a figment of Toklo's imagination, sort of a guiding force but now I think he's real. It's still kind of bizarre to have a "magical" creature in with all the realism of the books. But I like this series a lot. It has a good message but I fear that not enough people are listening.
Alex
This book is no different from all the other books. All the author is trying to tell us is that we are destroying the habitats and also our survival. The author is trying to convey this message into words by using the children. I bet the author is hoping that the children will be able to notice the messages and that they will try their best to protect our habitats.
Ash
Well, in this book the four bears's adventures stopped to explore the last great wilderness and also realise that it's not the end of their journey. Yeah that's it nothing happens in the book only a missing friend trouble and rescuing him. I didn't like it but I think it's a needed bok in the series. it's fine. can't wait for the 5th.
Felkaissi4
After what seemed like months of travelling,the four bears have finally reached their desired destination, The last great wilderness. The wise bear of the group however thinks that their journey has not ended, it has just begun.

disagreement love loyalty unity peace understanding teamwork
Sam Sam
Ujurak! That was a great twist in the story. I'm loving this series so far, it's so adventurous and gave me a completely different perspective of life in which the story tells through a bears eyes and mind. I see a car now and think of it as a firebeast!
Faith
This book had me on my toes especially in the last several chapters. I admire Erin Hunter's image nation, and how she never runs out of ideas!!! I can't wait to read the rest of this series, and her many others! Erin Hunter is an AMAZING writer!!!!
Open To Discussion! 2 4 Sep 08, 2013 07:19PM
Talk About Juveni...: The Last Wildernees. 1 2 Jun 23, 2013 08:37AM
  • Shadow Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #2)
  • Lost Tales Of Ga'Hoole (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • The Chimera's Curse (The Companions Quartet, #4)
  • Varjak Paw
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Phillips, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Survivors.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As
More about Erin Hunter...

Seekers (6 books)
  • The Quest Begins (Seekers, #1)
  • Great Bear Lake (Seekers, #2)
  • Smoke Mountain (Seekers, #3)
  • Fire in the Sky (Seekers, #5)
  • Spirits in the Stars (Seekers, #6)
Into the Wild (Warriors, #1) Fire and Ice (Warriors, #2) Forest of Secrets (Warriors, #3) The Darkest Hour (Warriors, #6) Rising Storm (Warriors, #4)