Bound To Please (Blaze Historicals #1) (Harlequin Blaze #407)

Bound To Please (Blaze Historicals #1) (Harlequin Blaze #407)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  166 ratings  ·  14 reviews
He's not going to take this treatment lying down. At least, not for long...

Fifteenth-century Scotland is a tough place to be a woman in charge. Brianna MacLeod, new laird of her clan, needs a child to establish her position. And the best way to do that is to demand the sexual services of her sworn—and very sexy—enemy!

Ewan Fraser never foresaw being kidnapped, tied up and e...more
Published July 1st 2008 by Harlequin (first published June 1st 2008)

Isis FG
Jun 26, 2008 Isis FG rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Isis FG by: promo in the back of a book
Rating - 3.5 / 5

Even though I was excited to read this book, I had a bit of a hard time getting into it, for two reasons. Both are more my personal preference than anything wrong with the book. One, I'm not much for 15-century Scotland stories - when I read historical, I prefer Regency or Frontier Westerns. Two, the fact that for the first part of the book, the hero was chained to the bed by the heroine was a bit of a turn-off for me.

Aside from that there were some other issues I had, mostly to...more
Sheila
I'm not normally a Harlequin girl...I'm not normally even a romance girl...but I had heard about the Harlequin Blaze and was curious to see what kind of erotica Harlequin was publishing. I can't say I didn't enjoy reading this, although there were a few times I rolled my eyes or chuckled. It described every sexual detail, but I didn't find it particularly erotic. But hey, sometimes you're in the mood for a book that doesn't require you to think, where conflicts are resolved quickly and easily, a...more
Genevieve
Had to try out a Harlequin. :)
Some really great sex scenes described in here. I liked the book for what it was, a shallowly written piece of work with the purpose of getting your "motor runnin".
Noor
I loved this book, then again there was no way i would not it had everything a girl wants in a good book

- good sex
- cute romance
- alpha male and female
- 15 century scotland setting
Annette
I was really very surprised by what a page turner this little red book was! I thoughly enjoyed the read. I'll definitely be looking for more books by this author.
Jessica
DNF. It was that bad. (I should have quit well before page 91.) An entire book can't be based on heaving bosoms and stallion like members, can it?
Terri Pray
(Review for the audio book)

A chance meeting at fair day led to a promise between the children of two rival clans. A promise to wed when they were old enough and to take no other as their husband/wife. But in the case of Brianna MacLeod she's given no choice by her father but to wed her cousin as she's the Laird to be for her clan.

When her husband is killed, seemingly by Ewan Fraser's brother, and she loses not only her father from an illness, but the baby within her, she plans on revenge. A reve...more
Mandy Beyers
A fair-day promise between 14 year-old Brianna and 12 year-old Ewan stands between them when as adults, their families feud. In 15th-century Scotland, a female laird is unheard of, but Brianna's father has left her in charge of her clan, and now she is widowed and childless. She decides the best course of action is to kidnap her enemy, Ewan Fraser, and force him to have a child with her. Then she will be revenged on his twin, the laird of the Fraser clan, and have an heir that can heal the feud...more
Netanella
A short historical Highlands romance that features the female laird (!) of one clan kidnapping the younger brother of the neighbor's laird for some procreation, albeit with the purpose of easing tensions between the two clans. Although the plot was comical, the story turned out sweeter than I expected.
Darla Stokes
Possibly because I've been reading a lot of history lately, some of this seemed anachronistic to me. And I got impatient with the characters' stubbornness, particularly the heroine's. Still, it was a fast, fun read.
Catherine
3.5 Stars - This was a fast read that kept me wanting to know how it was going to end. I would have liked a little more development between the H/H. Will read more from this author.
Samantha
I really really liked this book. WoW! It was steamy but different from the typical historical romance. =}
Kim Parkinson
Audio Book Typical love story.
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Deepthi Terenz
Deepthi Terenz marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Ruth Violet
Ruth Violet marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Amy Klima
Amy Klima marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Estefany
Estefany marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Abrianna Brooks
Abrianna Brooks marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Lemmy
Lemmy marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Jazz
Jazz marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
  • The Concubine
  • Highland Fling (Harlequin Blaze, #262)
  • Secret Santa (Harlequin Blaze, #292)
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous (Harlequin Blaze, #390)
  • Boys Of Summer
  • Heated Rush
  • Hot under Pressure (Harlequin Blaze #485)
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • Hot Spell
  • The Right Stuff (Uniformly Hot!, #4) (Harlequin Blaze, #463)
  • Risque Business (Harlequin Blaze #418)
  • Indecent Suggestion (Harlequin Blaze, #189)
  • No Peeking... (Sex for Beginners, #3)
  • Private Confessions (Harlequin Blaze #308)
  • The Player
  • She's Got It Bad (Harlequin Blaze, #464)
  • Christmas Male (Uniformly Hot!, #12)
  • The Captive (Harlequin Blaze, #534)
I suppose you could say I've always been a dreamer. In my mind's eye, I can still see my first-grade teacher shaking her head and scolding, “Hope, stop daydreaming and pay attention!”

I tried, really I did. But how could the dreary assignment on the chalkboard begin to lure me away from the dashing Disney fairy-tale figures populating my head? Cinderella and Prince Charming, Snow White and Prince C...more
More about Hope Tarr...
Operation Cinderella (Suddenly Cinderella, #1) Vanquished (The Roxbury Trilogy, #1) The Cinderella Makeover (Suddenly Cinderella, #2) The Tutor (Harlequin Blaze, #552) Tempting