Start by marking “Angels at Christmas: Those Christmas Angels / Where Angels Go” as Want to Read:
Angels at Christmas: Those Christmas Angels / Where Angels Go

Angels at Christmas: Those Christmas Angels / Where Angels Go (Angels Everywhere #5-6)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  1,095 ratings  ·  99 reviews
Every Christmas, three lovable angels visit Earth. Once a year, Shirley, Goodness and Mercy are allowed to intervene (or, more accurately, interfere!) in human affairs. Despite their frequent misadventures and the chaos they often cause, things always seem to turn out right….

This Christmas, join Those Christmas Angels as they respond to Anne Fletcher's prayer re
Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Published October 27th 2009 by Mira (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Angels at Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angels at Christmas

Norma
I just finished reading book 7 for the Christmas Spirit Challenge and 2010 Holiday Reading Challenge. And true to the spirit of Debbie Macomber’s other Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy books, Angels at Christmas was a winner.

There were two stories in this book. The first one is Those Christmas Angels. This is the first story in which all three Prayer Ambassadors get sent to work on the same prayer request. Anne Fletcher was about to give up hope. She sent up one last prayer in hopes that someone in
Susan

Three unique angels, Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy come to Earth( against the better judgement of Archangel Gabriel)to help fulfill some prayer requests at Christmas time.This is two books in one so you get double the fun. The stories were slightly predicible,but they were sweetly and charmingly written.Enjoyable, quick, light reads and I would recommend them. I also see that these angels have appeared in other of Ms. Macomber's books so I will be on the lookout for them!
Melissa
Love can show in the most unexpected places..never give up on Love or relationships. :)
The Angels are wonderful in this collection of 2 stories.
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
**SPOILER WARNING**
What a heart-warming book! I truly LOVED it!! I loved the idea of writing a series on Angels that answer prayers! This is the first book in Debbie Macomber’s “Angel” series that I have read. It was so cozy and perfect for this time of the year. Debbie really made me feel close to the characters in both of the stories.

I recall reading the first story in this book, and I would be anxiously waiting for Roy to let down his guard and start to fall in love with Julie. It gave me go
AngieA
Shirley, Goodness and Mercy are back on Earth again to aid in a Christmas miracle; or maybe several. This reprint of two of Debbie Macomber's stories about those madcap answers to prayer is a fun read.

I was pleased to find that I had read the first installment, "Those Christmas Angels" before and enjoyed reading it again. It includes a modern story about lonely gamers looking for love and finding it online. A little twist in the ending. I appreciated the treatment of death and dying in the stor
Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)
Despite the absolutely gorgeous cover adorning Angels at Christmas, it didn't make my 2011 Christmas list - however, I'm glad that I finally managed to pick it up over this past Christmas!
Previously, I'd only read one other book by Debbie Macomber but when I picked this one up, but it seemed exactly what I expected - comforting and easy to read. There are other books about the Angels, but it doesn't seem necessary to read them in any sort of order.

I will most likely be tempted to pick up any bo
V H
Two books in one, both with a strong Christian theme, still, I didn’t feel like the religion was “forced” upon me, it was just a nice way of looking at it in a nice story, if that’s the way things work, then all the better.

Those Christmas Angles
I liked the story. The three angels making Anne’s prayer come true were very funny, although I did think some things were a little over the top. It was also very interesting to see what would happen between Roy and Julie. My favourite character in this bo
Raine
Jan 07, 2012 Raine rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those looking for of heartwarming story with a dose of heavenly hilariousness Christmas read.
I'll start with "Angels at Christmas"
There was a nice balance of angelic presence and the human affairs in the story that really tickled me. I think I felt Macomber's sense of humor by way of the angels interaction with each other. I could easily picture every scene in my mind very easily as if I was watching a Hallmark or Lifetime movie. *hint* I had goosebumps when Shirley (one of the prayer ambassadors) appeared to Anne Fletcher letting her know that Heaven and her (co-prayer ambassadors) h
Mike White
Disclaimer... I'm a guy and this is definitely not a guy book, I just like to try different stuff.

This is a squeaky-clean romance novel with a spiritual twist. The basic story is good, but it's lacking logic. I know, don't look for logic in fiction but this was just too illogical for me. The illogical aspects just got in the way of any entertainment value.

This might be a spoiler, or maybe not.

On the illogical thought - the angels described the future of several people. If they already know the
Linda
The book is actually two stories in one. The first is Those Christmas Angels and is about a prayer sent by a mother asking that her son find a special woman. His former fiance used him to get to his father, breaking up his father's marriage and marrying him. This has caused the son to become cold and heartless. The second story is Where Angels Go and Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy have been sent to Earth to help three different cases. One involves an elderly man who wants to get his wife settled i ...more
Kimberly
This is 2 novellas the second which I had already read as a stand alone. The first novella is about Ann Fletcher's prayer for her son to find love and for her to be able to move on with her life and be self-supporting after going through a miserable divorce a few years earlier. Her son, Roy, is bitter after he discovers that his girlfriend was using him to get close to his father and his father and ex-girlfriend marry. Shirley, Goodness and Mercy are sent to the rescue. Shirley has extremely fon ...more
Kshydog
Two cute stories about Angels helping people get their prayers answered. Enjoyed the first story more due to the humor and all three Angels were working on the same problem of a boss needing to have a life besides work so it created more of a story. The second story was 3 separate problems and the solutions seemed pretty obvious.
Mariazita
Nunca li nenhum livro desta autora, mas em época de Natal, resolvi ler este livrinho, pois tinha uma sinopse divertida .E foi divertido ver as peripécias deste quatro anjos irrequietos, que na sua visita a terra por vezes complicam mais do que ajudam.
Ao tentarem que Julie e Ron encontrem-se, eles cometem um erro, eles não podiam encontrar-se naquela passagem de ano, mas sim só no próximo Natal , e a partir dai o que ira acontecer a este casal depois deste erro dos nossos anjos?
Uma narrativa sim
Diana Petty-stone
Shirley, Goodness and Mercy, those mischievous angels, have been sent to Seattle to help a mother who is worried about her bitter, career-obsessed son, The angels manage to make everything right by Christmas Eve. Another very charming story.
Morgan Allison
This book was actually two stories in one involving angels Mercy, Goodness, and Shirley tackling new prayer requests. I enjoyed the first story more than the second. It was a call by the angels to help Roy Fletcher fall in love with Julie Willcot before Christmas. Problems ensue, though, as Roy has been heartbroken in the past and unwilling to try his hand at love again.

The second story involves three different individuals: Carter who wants a dog, Burton who is dying and need to be sure his wife
Kathy
two stories with the angels Shirley, Mercy and Goodness with Gabriel thrown in... 1st story is about Scroogy business man who makes money but has lost faith because his fiance married his father after he divorced and swindled his mother. His mother found balance, and fervently prays for her son... and the angels get him connected to a schoolteacher.... 2nd story - was 3 stories - a faithful man at the end of his life trying to make arrangements for his wife; two people who divorced, unknowingly ...more
Heather
Nice Christmas book. It's actually two separate stories in one book. It follows three angels and their job/antics to help answer prayers all taking place around Christmas. Very enjoyable.
Melody
Normally during the holiday season I don't read Christmas books, I feel like I have soo many other books on my tbr list that, I just wanna read them. But.. a friend of my mom's loaned me this book, and I love Debbie Macomber so I gave it a try and it was a two cute and sweet Christmas stories.
Sharon l childers
Angels at Christmas

I know we all have a Angel . And that's works so bless you all a.d thank our for the great reading and a lot of ways
Dawn
I really like Debbie Macomber but this wasn't my favourite of her books.
The others I've read so far although gentle & heartwarming, were more believable than the Angels in this double read. Still enjoyed but not quite as much as others.
Sarah Eisele
I like the angel stories -- sweet and holiday-y without driving a person into sugar shock (or depression, as some do...).
Elaine
Dec 01, 2014 Elaine added it
Two delightful stories of the interventions of Shirley, Goodness, & Mercy in the lives of hymns here on earth. #1 takes all 3 of them working together to effect the change. #2 divides them up into separate efforts.
Nancy
Two stories with the Angel Prayer Ambassadors, Shirley, Goodness and Mercy, who are given assignments by Gabriel to help answer the prayers of several people and they must be completed by Christmas Eve. The angels are sent to earth to help but are not supposed to interfere or show themselves. But these 3 have run amok several other times when sent to earth but, since Gabriel is short-handed because there are so many prayer requests around Christmastime, Gabriel has to send them. They get sidetra ...more
Liz
I enjoyed the story but the Angels are a bit too schmaltzy for me.
Richie Mae Andrei Zuniga
Can't wait for my own Christmas Miracle
Judy
I did not finish this book.
Vali Heist
Cutesey but easy to read.
Tamara
You can get quite a bit of reading done on a week of vacation at home. I read this in about two days and it was very enjoyable. I picked up from my bookshelf since it is that season of Thanksgiving and Christmas. It refers to Christmas as the timeline for the stories but the main plot involves romance of course. Two stories in one book, which I do like from time to time. The Angels in the book are very humorous, I was laughing out loud a few times while reading this. I just love Debbie Macomber' ...more
Leah  St.James
Just finished "Those Christmas Angels," the first of the two books in this Kindle edition. I enjoyed it. It's a sweet story that sends a message of the power of love. I'm not much for slapstick, so the angels' antics annoyed me at times, but I'm sure I'm in a minority on that one. Plus, my favorite genre is romantic suspense, which is a pretty far stretch. I mean, there wasn't even one really bad guy in the story! What's up with that?!:-) Nice job on a sweet Christmas story.
  • Holiday Magic
  • Wish Upon a Star
  • So This Is Christmas (Includes: The Protectors, #19)
  • Home in Time for Christmas
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Kissing Santa Claus (Men of Hawaii #3)
  • A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
  • Holiday in Stone Creek: A Stone Creek Christmas / At Home in Stone Creek (Stone Creek, #4 & 6)
  • Soldier's Christmas (Conard County #16, Wingman Warriors #8)
  • First Impressions / Blithe Images
  • A Mother's Touch: The Way Home\A Stranger's Son\The Paternity Test
  • Twas the Night
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Courtship (Cooper Creek, #6)
  • The First Love Cookie Club (Twilight, Texas, #3)
  • The Christmas Witness

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

Angels Everywhere (7 books)
  • A Season of Angels (Angels Everywhere, #1)
  • The Trouble with Angels (Angels Everywhere #2)
  • Touched by Angels (Angels Everywhere, #3)
  • Shirley, Goodness and Mercy (Angels Everywhere, #4)
  • Those Christmas Angels (Angels Everywhere, #5)
  • Where Angels Go (Angels Everywhere, #6)
  • Angels at the Table (Angels Everywhere, #7)
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1)

“She said interruptions were simply God's appointments.” 9 likes
“I believe that our world was created with a sense of order. For every loss, there's a gain. Sometimes we're so blinded by the loss that we don't see the gain, don't recognize the gift.” 8 likes