Start by marking “The Bachman Books / Thinner” as Want to Read:
The Bachman Books / Thinner

The Bachman Books / Thinner

4.06  ·  Rating Details ·  1,807 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Acclaimed fiction from the acknowledged master, this set contains all The Bachman Books, including Thinner.
Paperback, Box Set, 309 pages
Published December 1st 1995 by New American Library

To ask other readers questions about The Bachman Books / Thinner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bachman Books / Thinner

Katy
May 25, 2016 Katy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
As usual, King (as Bachman) writes a riveting story that'll keep you reading late into the night even though you have class first thing in the morning because you HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.
And he cites himself which is hilarious: one of his characters tells another that their situation is very 'Stephen King' to communicate just how weird and creepy it was... I had to put the book down because I was laughing so hard.
Anyway, if you're a fan of Stephen King, you'll love this book. If you don't know
Tahera
Nov 14, 2016 Tahera rated it really liked it
Loved it! It's the true Stephen King kind of a book that keeps you in the edge throughout.
Mariah St.Pierre
Jun 04, 2015 Mariah St.Pierre rated it really liked it
Billy’s life was flipped upside down after he caused a tragic accident by driving while being distracted. Throughout this mysterious and slightly morbid novel, readers can follow the path of middle-aged Billy who undergoes a series of strange and risky events after mistakenly running over an old Gypsy woman with his car. Heavily overweight Billy must attend court where the judge, whom he knows on a personal level, sets him free with minimal charges. Just as he thinks he got off virtually scot-fr ...more
Melissa
Jun 27, 2015 Melissa rated it it was ok
2 1/2 stars
Iris
Feb 29, 2016 Iris rated it really liked it
"Voor verhalenverteller King kun je alleen maar respect hebben" Dit heb ik niet zelf verzonnen maar zie ik ter aanprijzing op de voorzijde van het zojuist door mij uitgelezen boek van hem staan. En dat heb ik, respect voor King. Ik vind hem een alle-jezus goeie rasechte verhalenverteller. Hij heeft bij veel mensen ten onrechte de reputatie een pulpschrijver te zijn. Hij heeft ook heel veel geschreven en ik heb lang niet alles gelezen. Wat ik in het verleden ( ver voor mijn goodreadsaccount)van h ...more
Ethan Wood
Oct 28, 2010 Ethan Wood rated it really liked it
Billy Halleck is a lawyer living in your averge little town. A group of gypsys meanders into town and Bill hits one. The gypsys curse him and he begins to get thinner. He chases after the gypsys and attempts to get the curse remove. After much trying and several close calls he finally gets the curse removed.

The novel is written to show how the lives of people that those who live in in the safety of their remedial lives may find that things may sometimes go horrible wrong. Bill lives with his wif
Vanessa
Aug 20, 2016 Vanessa rated it really liked it
I loved this book because the storyline is interesting and the book actually game me the chills when i was reading it. It's about this person called Billy Halleck, who has an expensive home, a nice family, and a rewarding career as a lawyer. but he is also fifty pounds overweight. One day, in a moment of carelessness, he sideswipes an old gypsy woman as she is crossing the street and her father passes a bizarre and terrible judgement on him.
Sarah Wildmon
Nov 18, 2014 Sarah Wildmon rated it it was amazing
This is one a those deliciously twisted and entertaining King novels, that makes me love the guy so much. Its not complicated or super deep, it is just a GREAT creepy story, whose characters get under your skin and live there long after you finish the last page. I have always loved the movie, and now the book takes its place in my list of King favorites. Nothing quite says horror like a gypsy curse!
Virginia Markhart
Jun 18, 2015 Virginia Markhart rated it liked it
I usually enjoy Stephen King, a little anyway. This one I did not like at all. I listened to the audio version and was so glad when it was over. My mind could not stay focused on the story, just too out there for me.
Carole Van domelen
Jun 04, 2015 Carole Van domelen rated it liked it
I read it years ago when it first came out. Now, 30 or so odd years later, it didn't have the initial punch it had when I was younger. I just re-read "The Stand" and thought that it retained all of its magic.
Paul Courchene
Jun 06, 2015 Paul Courchene rated it really liked it
Not a great King book but pretty solid. The gypsy wizard vs. the mobster was a nice touch! Kinda reminded me of Pet Cemetery because of the way the characters played out but I still really liked it.
Jeffery Chatham
May 05, 2015 Jeffery Chatham rated it it was ok
A sadly disappointing King/Bachman book. I was underwhelmed by it mostly, but the ending wasn't too bad. It probably would've been better as a short story.
Sean
Jun 08, 2012 Sean rated it really liked it
Awesome to read as these are early King efforts under his pseudonym. If like King's style, these are fun because its still developing.
ot sure if this is the right one- I just read thinner- not "the tie-in" or whatever the other title is...
Gemma
Jul 12, 2016 Gemma rated it really liked it
A real page turner. It made my skin crawl in certain bits. Finished it only cause I needed to know what happened. Well written and an easy read.
Chad J
May 15, 2015 Chad J rated it really liked it
Shelves: king-stephen
I found myself captivated by this story. It was not a big plot line, but i found it very interesting. If your a Stephen King fan you will enjoy this book.
Jamie Mann
May 06, 2012 Jamie Mann rated it it was amazing
A story all about a man who gets cursed to get thinner and thinner by a gypsy. As the story goes on he wastes away.
Mellany Morton
Jan 05, 2013 Mellany Morton rated it really liked it
This story started my love for Stephen King. I had no idea it was him when I started. I went to my local library and they told me that they were the same person.
Jonathan  Ballard
Jonathan Ballard rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2015
Viki turley
Viki turley rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2012
Dawn Leigh
Dawn Leigh rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2015
Sheila  Illescas
Sheila Illescas rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2015
Nicole Ortega
Nicole Ortega rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2016
Lobagris
Lobagris rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2015
KathyD
KathyD rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2015
Mark
Mark rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2014
Marc Gelderblom
Marc Gelderblom rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2014
Therese laitinen.
Therese laitinen. rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2015
Dita
Dita rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2015
  • Misery (Penguin Readers Level 6)
  • Katy
  • The Custodian of Marvels (Fall of the Gas-Lit Empire, #3)
  • Goodbye California
  • The Exorcist & Legion: Two Screenplays
  • The Dunwich Cycle: Where the Old Gods Wait (Cthulhu Cycle Book, #9)
  • Night Visions 5
  • It Ate Billy on Christmas
  • Death by Cannibal: Minds with an Appetite for Murder
  • Greek Legends and Stories
  • Polarity in Motion
  • sickER B*stards
  • Disciples of Cthulhu
  • Diamonds in the Dust: 366 Sparkling Devotions
  • Point Horror Collection 6 - The Caroline B. Cooney Collection: The Cheerleader / Return of the Vampire / Vampire's Promise (Vampire's Promise, #1-3)
  • Stephen King's The Dark Tower: A Concordance, #2
  • Jack the Ripper: First American Serial Killer
  • The King's Assassin (The Outlaw Chronicles, #7)
More about Stephen King...

“Mas não existe 'estar quites', homem branco da cidade. Todo mundo paga, mesmo por coisas que não fez. Nada de quites.” 0 likes