Start by marking “Erosistible” as Want to Read:
Erosistible

Erosistible

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  176 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
A week in paradise—with the ex-girlfriend from Hell.

Winifred Martin has a new job, newfound confidence, and a glamorous new lover. In fact, after moving on from a heart-wrenching breakup, Win has a whole new life.

Benedikte (Benny) Fiske has also sold up and moved on, too—to a wonderful Greek island where she can invest in herself again and find peace and quiet.

When Win arr
Published July 13th 2009 by Boldstrokes Books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Erosistible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Erosistible

Pitifully Ugly by Robin AlexanderJust Jorie by Robin AlexanderThe Summer of Our Discontent by Robin AlexanderAmbereye by Gill McKnightScaredy Cat by Robin Alexander
Funny Lesbian Romance books
19th out of 81 books — 59 voters
Tipping the Velvet by Sarah WatersFingersmith by Sarah WatersAnnie on My Mind by Nancy GardenKeeping You a Secret by Julie Anne PetersFried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg
Best Lesbian Fiction
360th out of 1,283 books — 1,556 voters

More lists with this book...

T
Oooo, i LOVED this book. it was perfect, or i was in the perfect state of mind for it. But i'm pretty sure i'll love reading this book at any time. Reviews said it was humorous, but i didn't expect to be laughing out loud as much as i did. And yet it still managed to have some hot love scenes in it. not a ton, mind you. this book will stand out for it's humor and story telling, more so than being 'hot'. but the author still serves that up to some extent.

Benny and Win broke up 3 years ago. then -
Just a man's point of view
The novel is based on the funny, sweet, sexy character of Benedikte (Benny).
When Win, Benny's ex girlfriend, end up with a gorgeous and famous girlfriend in the hotel Benny owns in a paradisiac mediterranean island, Benny goes totally nuts with jealousy because indeed she still loves her.
This originates a series of funny events because Benny, usually a moderate person, becomes clumsy with too many emotions, throwing herself in all sort of troubles.
Fortunately the sincerity of Benny's feelings an
M
Oct 09, 2012 M rated it really liked it
Shelves: l-books

Wow - I don't think that I have read a full length novel so fast I my life.

The characters and situations pull you from one scene to another, at a wonderful pace. The writing is very humourous, with zingers flying off the page and set pieces that almost read like an episode of "Fawlty Towers".

Loved that Benny was just so awful, favourite passage is very early on in the book but set the whole tone

"“My God, Win.” Then, “Where’s your other half?”

“She…she’s paying the taxi driver.” Win whipped off
lov2laf
3.5 stars. McKnight is the one author I'm always amused by AND the one author whose leads border on a creepy level at times...Erosistible was one of those.

When McKnight isn't exploring dark themes in her novels, she writes amazing, over the top comedies and does so better than just about anyone. Her leads are aggressive, smart, and witty as hell. Sometimes I love it and in a few cases I don't. I know Erosistible is a comedy, even to a farcical level but even keeping that in mind Benny raised my
Natsu
4.5... A really fun (ear-to-ear--grin-laugh-out - loud type) read. The smidgen of Greek mythology (though not told properly) didn't hurt either. Story of finding love, making mistakes, moving on, self-discovery and finding that some things that seem lost were just hidden behind emotional rubble.
Elaine Burnes
Apr 28, 2012 Elaine Burnes rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesbian, romance
I’ve had this one for some time (paperback; not ebook but that was the only option here). I knew it gotten good reviews. I “know” Gill from the Lesbian Fiction Forum and figured if she could write great posts there, she could probably pull off a novel. ;) Yet, the first time I started this, I stopped when I realized it had multiple POVs. I just didn’t have the energy to deal with it. Most times multiple POVs are used by inexperienced writers and they flub it up badly. But I was in the mood to tr ...more
Claudia Carr
Feb 26, 2011 Claudia Carr rated it really liked it
Loved this book, it was witty and fun and dealt surprisingly well with serious issues such as cheating and what's important in life.
Katelyn Macri
Jul 13, 2009 Katelyn Macri rated it it was amazing
Laugh out loud funny.
Miranda L Visser
Jul 16, 2015 Miranda L Visser rated it liked it
Fun and great for a quick fix. Though I must say I prefer McKnight's work with more supernatural leanings.
Diana
Jan 19, 2016 Diana rated it it was ok
funny at times,not what i was expcting,2 dramatic at times,ok writing,good ending i guess from this insane book ;)
Wildlx
Aug 20, 2013 Wildlx rated it it was ok
Shelves: lesbian
I suppose that the intent was a light and mostly fun romance, kind of a farce/romance with the perk of happening in Greece. However, it didn’t work for me since I didn’t find it funny and I didn’t get a glimpse of the Greece I know, only of a resort in Lesvos. The characters are either rather shallow (e.g. Win for whom change means a diet and starting to sleep around) or even cartoon-like with Amira as the culprit. The improbable plot also didn’t help.
Shameika
Mar 27, 2012 Shameika rated it really liked it
I really loved this book i was able to read it within two hours.
Kwon
Kwon marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Marie
Marie rated it it was ok
Apr 28, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Meytal Pich
Meytal Pich marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Tj Dinwiddie
Tj Dinwiddie rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2016
Zoran
Zoran added it
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Marta
Marta marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Tan
Tan rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Funky Girl
Funky Girl marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Doogydoo
Doogydoo rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Rachael
Rachael marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Fia
Fia marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • A Kiss Doesn't Lie
  • Come and Get Me
  • Dark Garden (Dark Vista, #3)
  • Imagining Reality
  • Indelible
  • Conquest
  • Truelesbianlove.com
  • Desire by Starlight
  • The Clinic (Tristaine, #1)
  • Call Me Softly
  • Also Known as Armchair Detective (AKA Investigations, #1)
Gill McKnight is Irish but spends as much time as possible in Lesbos, Greece, which she considers home. She can often be found traveling back and forth between Greece and Ireland in a rusty old camper van with her rusty wee dog. Gill enjoys writing, roses, and by necessity DIY.
More about Gill McKnight...