Start by marking “On the Kitchen Table from Which Everything Has Been Hastily Removed” as Want to Read:
On the Kitchen Table from Which Everything Has Been Hastily Removed

On the Kitchen Table from Which Everything Has Been Hastily Removed

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  4 reviews
New work from America's wildest poet of the self. These are confessional poems which refuse to confess, which use language as both screen and blade as they continually ask: Who is this "I"? Can the "I" write itself to truth? Join her as she tries to find out.
Published July 1st 2009 by Hollyridge Press

Be the first to ask a question about On the Kitchen Table from Which Everything Has Been Hastily Removed

Poets.org from the Academy of American Poets
Prepare for the 2010 Poets Forum in New York City (October 28-30) by reading Davis's newest book of poetry, and check out the Poets Forum 2010 bookshelf for the latest collections by each of the poets participating in the Poets Forum. Happy reading!
Jesi Brubaker
I love her play on words. It is quite delightful, I just wish I could get away with it. Not sure if I could pull it off. This book was sexy and sad at the same time.
Susan
This one for me is disappointing given that I love her other work. There's something a bit too precious about the diction and syntax.
Allison
I'd probably give this chapbook a 3 if it weren't for the awesome Francesca sonnets.
Gizelle
Gizelle marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Terry Everett
Terry Everett marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Marion
Marion marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Zoë
Zoë marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Jerrod
Jerrod marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Kasey Jueds
Kasey Jueds marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Megan Bresnahan
Megan Bresnahan marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Aaron
Aaron added it
Jun 25, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Stacy
Stacy is currently reading it
May 21, 2014
Kristi Marie
Kristi Marie marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Tony
Tony marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Isy
Isy marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Katrin
Katrin marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
keight
keight marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Alyson
Alyson marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
American poet Olena Kalytiak Davis was born in 1963. She is the author of two poetry collections: 'And Her Soul Out Of Nothing' and 'Shattered Sonnets, Love Cards, And Other Off-And-Back Handed Importunities.'

Her first book won the Brittingham Prize. Her other honors include a a 1996 Rona Jaffe Foundation Writers' Award in poetry, and a 2004 Guggenheim Fellowship in poetry.

Her poems have been publ
More about Olena Kalytiak Davis...
And Her Soul Out Of Nothing Shattered Sonnets Love Cards and Other Off and Back Handed Importunities The Poem She Didn't Write and Other Poems And Her Soul Out of Nothing