Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast: 250 Easy, Delicious Recipes for Any Time of Day

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  866 ratings  ·  28 reviews
With 250 tempting recipes to take you from breakfast all the way through dessert, Everyday Food:Fresh Flavor Fastis the indispensable collection that home cooks yearn for. Organized into familiar categories—including sandwiches and pizzas, appetizers, salads, soups and stews, pastas, main courses, and side dishes—this highly anticipated follow-up to the bestselling Everyda...more
Published February 23rd 2010 by Clarkson Potter

To ask other readers questions about Everyday Food, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everyday Food

Janel
This is the kind of cookbook where you say to yourself: Self, I would like potatoes tonight, but I don't want the same potatoes I always make. I want something a little different, but made with something I keep on hand.

The recipes are easy and for someone who is very visual, there are lots of pictures. I think the side dish section is really good, and I've enjoyed the fish section. I'm a novice at cooking fish. I think the weakest and strongest part of the book is that many of the recipes are ve...more
A.b. Hushour
I would highly recommend this cookbook. I knew it had to be good when I found the highly soiled copy at my local library. After reviewing it while using the restroom, I checked it out and it did not disappoint. The full color pictures that accompany the recipes are a nice check to make sure that one doesn't completely bungle the dish. The cilantro chicken recipe on the cover and a pot pie recipe using bone in chicken are the highlights.
MissAnnThrope
The layout is the same as the Everyday Food magazines: nice and simple. The pages are bright and colorful with mouthwatering photos for every single recipe, which I think should be standard for any cookbook.

All the recipes are broken down into categories such as breakfast, appetizers, soups, main course, desserts, etc. There are plenty of vegetarian options as well. There is even a section for veggies according to season.

This is a fantastic cookbook for everyday meals. The ingredient lists are s...more
Dona
Really a 4.5. I like this book. Wish I had it when my child was younger and we cooked every night. Each recipe has a photograph of the end result. The ingredients lists are short, and the ingredients are fresh and carried by most grocery stores. I especially like the Sides chapter as I tend to make the same side dishes over and over. It would be a nice resource for those stuck times.

I would recommend this book for cooks who want something fresh and fast for their families. I also recommend it f...more
GoldenjoyBazyll
Ok.. so I am addicted to these cookbooks! I got motivated to buy this-
even at full price- because this past weekend (while at the farmers market) a Martha Stewart van pulled up and started giving out free samples of products endorsed by her as well as copies of Everyday Food mag (which I LOVE!).So I went to B & N and got a copy of the second volume and I LOVE it! The best feature of this book- meals that take 10 minutes to prep and actually taste GREAT!

While I find MS completely ANNOYING.......more
Ann
3.5 stars.
Not as good as Everyday Food: Great Food Fast, but still a go-to when you want uncomplicated but good (not great) food. Every recipe has a photo and simple ingredient list. Cauliflower gratin doesn't disappoint, esp. if you use wholefoods onion focaccia for breadcrumbs (not a splurge if you don't buy bread by the loaf but still want fresh breadcrumbs).
Jodie
The hits just keep on coming....I really can't say enough about the awesome recipes in this series. I have every issue of the magazine since they started publishing it 4 or 5 years ago and I enjoy the books just as much.
Great cookbooks to use as gifts for high school graduates going off to college or newlyweds.
Leigh Linden
In general, Everyday Food is a great resources for great meals that you can use all the time. I never get bored and I love how much they bring in fresh and healthy ingredients. They do a good job of keeping recipes simple and straightforward which is refreshing.
Waspyredhead
Just as good as the first everyday food cookbook. These two cookbooks plus a baking resource could easily be the only 3 cookbooks you need in your collection. You could cater a big party, cook a casual backyard supper or make a quick dinner for yourself.
Lisa
i found a few items in here that sounded good enough to attempt to try to make but many of the ingredients were ones that i do not like and would not put into my food. fresh doesn't always mean lets put weird food in weird combonations
Minna
Gorgeous pictures and a fairly large proportion of recipes I might ACTUALLY make so, in my opinion, a winner (especially for Martha Stewart, whose recipes I usually admire but flip past due to excessive length or effort required).
Alison
I love this cook book. I have been using it all summer at the library and I just signed it out here in Toledo. The recipes are fairly simple, but delicious. I especially am enjoying the stir fries.
Marie
I've only had this a few weeks and already I've made several recipes with great success. Thankfully there are lots of vegetarian options. I also like that it includes breakfast and appetizers.
Jessica
More easy meals from the gang at Martha Stewart's Everyday Food. I do wish this one was organized seasonally, like the previous book (Great Food Fast), but that's just me.
Jan 04, 2010 Jennifer added it
Shelves: food
curious how this differs from the other Everyday Food book, which is one of my favorite books to at least look at if not cook from.
Dianna
Very high inspiration value! Great, simple recipes and perfect photos. I can't wait to try some of the meals featured here.
Jessie
I have made several recipes from this book - my favorites are the Eggplant Mozzarella Melt and roasted cauliflower. Yummy!
Allison
The potstickers and Tex-Mex turkey chili were big hits in my house - the cornbread spoon bread and kale recipes not so much!
Maria
Everything I've tried has turned out very well. I especially love the BLT salad. Delicious.
Erica Zulauf
Peach-strawberry Smoothie, Eggplant and Mozzarella melts, and Stuffed Poblanos sound amazing.
Du
Simple and way to understand, just like the magazine. A lot of delicious sounding options.
I love that there is a picture with each recipe, everything looks very good.
Pam
One of my absolute favorite cookbooks. Easy to prepare and always delicious.
Just - The romance reader
Recipes look good, fast and simple. Great photos, good variety.
Jenn
Jan 06, 2011 Jenn marked it as to-read
Shelves: cookbooks
*More interesting than Great Food Fast per Sarah.
Beka
Solid, but not overly inspirational.
Sandy
Pictures cookbooks are always good.
Yasser
Yasser marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Jodie Grissett-sellars
Jodie Grissett-sellars marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
  • Saveur: The New Comfort Food: Home Cooking from Around the World
  • Molto Gusto: Easy Italian Cooking
  • Giada at Home: Family Recipes from Italy and California
  • Michael Symon's Live to Cook: Recipes and Techniques to Rock Your Kitchen
  • Tyler Florence's Real Kitchen: An indespensible guide for anybody who likes to cook
  • Bon Appetit, Y'all: Recipes and Stories from Three Generations of Southern Cooking
  • Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood: Stories and Recipes to Share with Family and Friends
  • All Cakes Considered: A Year's Worth of Weekly Recipes Tested, Tasted, and Approved by the Staff of NPR's All Things Considered
  • Real Simple: Meals Made Easy
  • Fix, Freeze, Feast: Prepare in Bulk and Enjoy by the Serving, More Than 125 Recipes
  • Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: The Big Book of Everyday Slow Cooking
  • Lidia's Italy: 140 Simple and Delicious Recipes from the Ten Places in Italy Lidia Loves Most
  • The Country Cooking of Ireland
  • Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining
  • So Easy: Luscious, Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Week
  • Get Cooking: 150 Simple Recipes to Get You Started in the Kitchen
  • Kneadlessly Simple: Fabulous, Fuss-Free, No-Knead Breads
  • Gourmet Today: More than 1000 All-New Recipes for the Contemporary Kitchen
Martha Stewart is an American business magnate, author, editor and homemaking advocate. She is also a former stockbroker and fashion model. Over the last two decades Stewart has held a prominent position in the American publishing industry; as the author of several books, hundreds of articles on the domestic arts, editor of a national homekeeping magazine, host for two popular daytime television p...more
More about Martha Stewart...
Martha Stewart's Cookies: The Very Best Treats to Bake and to Share Everyday Food: Great Food Fast Martha Stewart's Cupcakes: 175 Inspired Ideas for Everyone's Favorite Treat Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook Martha Stewart's Cooking School: Lessons and Recipes for the Home Cook