Start by marking “One Deadly Sin” as Want to Read:
One Deadly Sin

One Deadly Sin

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  168 ratings  ·  36 reviews
COMING HOME IS MURDER...

Revenge. Edie Swann has hungered for it since she fled her hometown as a little girl. Now she's returned, ready for payback. Armed with a list of names, she leaves each one a chilling sign that they have blood on their hands. Her father's blood. What happens next turns her own blood cold: one by one, the men she's targeted start dying.

Sheriff Holt
Published May 1st 2009 by Forever (first published April 14th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about One Deadly Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Deadly Sin

Mojca
I started this book with high hopes. The premise was great – a woman returns to her hometown after twenty years, determined to learn the truth about why her father committed suicide all those years ago and avenge his memory. Armed with a list of names, she sends all the people on that list (that are still alive) a figurine of a black angel – one similar to the black angel guarding over her father’s grave.

But something goes wrong and the people receiving the dark tokens end up dead. And the only
Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish)
“Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.”
― Confucius

“We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged.”
― Heinrich Heine

Say what you will about the act, I love a tale of revenge. I found this book when I went looking for books with this specific theme and it sounded like it was exactly what I wanted. No other book jumped out at me like this one did. And it's a romantic suspense!

The tone and the story at the start of the book reminded me a lot of the television sho
drey
This is the story of Edie Swann's quiet return to her hometown, twenty years after her father's death, to find out why he died. She already knows the "how" - heck, the whole town knows the "how" - but the man everyone said her father was, could not have been her father. So, someone's hiding something. The question is, what? And who's hiding it?

She hatches a plan to scare the answer out of the men who knew her father. However, they turn up dead before she's had a chance to talk to them. Who's kil
Cheryl
Edie Swann plans to seek justice for her father's death. She heads back home to Redbud. She is armed with a list of names and revenge on her mind. At first Edie's plan was to just leave a miniature nlack angel with each person on her list. The angel was to symbolize that she knows their hands are stained with innocent blood. It seems someone has other plans in mind. A plan that involves tring Edie's list into a kill list.

Sheriff Holt Drennen suspects something is up with Edie but he can't quite
Kelly Moran
Author Annie Solomon is a native to New York, a RITA-winner, and has been dreaming up stories since she was ten. After a twelve-year career in advertising, where she rose to Vice President and Head Writer at a mid-size agency, she abandoned her professional life for her first love, romance. Other titles include: Dead Ringer, Like A Knife, Dead Shot, Tell Me No Lies, Black Out, and Blind Curve. An avid knitter and soap opera fan, she now resides in Nashville, Tennessee with her husband and daught ...more
Amie
I have to say overall I was pretty let down with this one. So let down I almost gave this one two stars. The writing is okay but the inconsistencies really got to me. A bad girl who wants revenge but doesn't really do much to get it, a cop from the big city who doesn't really do any detective work, sex in the back yard of the house of a woman you're staying with...a woman whose husband passed away a week prior...a woman with early parkinsons shoving another woman in a closet and tying her up? .. ...more
Bailey Bristol
May 24, 2011 Bailey Bristol rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of suspense with strong romantic chemistry
Recommended to Bailey by: goodreads
What a great read from Annie Solomon! Tremendous chemistry between her two principal characters, with the perfect balance of romance, tension and suspense. A very real, very riveting read.
Amanda Morgan
Romance novels are not my thing. However, I was intrigued by the fact that “One Deadly Sin” was inspired by the author’s trip to a cemetery in Iowa City, and its legend of the Black Angel.
Edie Swann has returned to the hometown she and her mother fled 20 years ago after her father was accused of embezzlement, and subsequently committed suicide. Convinced her husband was innocent, Edie’s mother never got over his death and the public humiliation it brought their family.
What’s more, his gravest
Wendy Hines
Edie Swann has wanted revenge for years, and finally she is back to the town is all happened in. Twenty years ago, Edie's father jumped to his death in the quarry. He was accused of embezzlement, and she is positive he was innocent. She blames the men who accused him for her father's death. Now, back in the town of Redbud, Edie wants to scare those men. She has little black angels that she randomly sends them. It's only to scare them, to make them remember. But soon, those very same men she targ ...more
Becky
I LOVED this book! It was a great book that had me totally sucked in from the beginning. Once I picked this up, I didn't want to put it down. Besides, when you build a story around a big, hunky cop, you can't go wrong! (My hubby was a big, hunky cop when I met him!!)

Edie is set on revenge. So, she takes on the role of the bad guy in her pursuit of the truth about what happened to her father who died when she was young. When some of the folks that Edie is hoping to get answers from begin to die,
Kelly
Edie is new in town. She is a dark haired mysterious beauty that arrives in town on a Harley and on a mission. Of course Edie's mission is her own, and she has no intention of getting too attached to this town. This is the town that cost her everything, and certainly she wants revenge on her own terms. However, Edie is not going to get in and out that easily. She meets the handsome sheriff whom she is drawn to despite her own intentions. But someone else seems to have their own agenda with regar ...more
Nely
Edie Swann heads back to her hometown, Redbud, with one intention only -and that is revenge. She has a list given to her by her dying aunt that has the five names of the men that her father had dealings with shortly before his tragic death. Her only problem is that someone starts off-ing these men making her the main suspect in their murders.

Local lawman and the man that makes Edie's heart race - Holt Drennen is handling the death cases of these prominent Redbud residents... but are they acciden
Kara Calysta
As a fan of romantic suspense,this was an AWESOME book,The hero,Holt,was hot and likeable.Eddie was feisty,fun but on the inside she has always felt alone and when she meets Sheriff Holt,a single father despite knowing that she shouldn't get too close with him they got close and went on dates and just when their relationship seems to be getting on really well,Holt's find Eddie's darkest secrets and he begins to wonder,could he have been so wrong as to fall in love with a cold-blooded killer or i ...more
Silvia
Synopsis

COMING HOME IS MURDER...

Sheriff Holt Drennen knows Edie is hiding something. She has a haunted look in her eyes and a defiant spirit, yet he can't believe
Valorie
Edie Swan has returned to her home town of Redbud for revenge. Armed with a list of names and a bag of tiny black angel figurines, a mimic of the black angel that stands over the grave her of her father, she is ready to make the men she feels are responsible for the death of her father pay for their crime. Her father, Charles Swanford, was reported as having committed suicide after being caught extorting money, but Edie feels it was really murder and the charge was made up to protect the still l ...more
Anna Schno
It's been a while since i read annie salomonbut this was a nice refresher. Need to pick up some more of her books.
The characters are likable and fun to be with. The story is ok. I just had a hard time with people not recognizing Evie.
Fun.

Ich habe ein Buch bei BookCrossing.com registriert!
Bridget
Edie Swann is not your girl next door. She's a tattooed biker chic with attitude. She returns to the quiet small town of Redbud to clear her father's name. The town declared it suicide, but Edie's conviced that's not the whole story. Or if it is, someone pushed him to end his own life. Finding out the truth is er only mission. Until she meets dreamy Sheriff Holt Drennan. Holt and Edie are instantly attracted like magnets.

When people start dying and the evidence points to the woman he wants he's
fleurette
It was above my expectations. The suspense plot was actually pretty good and the ending was a great surprise. Even though I would like more relationship development, I liked Holt and Edie as a couple.
Visionary
Wowza! Trying to remember the last Suspense-Contemp Romance I read that had me at the edge of my seat, biting fingernails to find out WHO resemble for the deaths. Solomon kept me stomped - which was good.

Sometimes with Suspense you catch on early who the perp/bad guy is. You yell and scream at the hero and heroine to get their head out of their butt. Not so here. When I thought it was this person... only to find out it's not.

Edie Swan has to be a favorite heroine. I am the daughter of a biker. I
Colleen
This romantic thriller was definitely a page-turner, one that kept me guessing right until the end. The writing was crisp, and the evolving relationship between Holt and Edie was compelling. The only weak spot for me was eventual revelation of the identity of the killer- I didn't feel there were any clues to help the reader solve the mystery along the way and so didn't appreciate the deus-ex-machina feel of the solution. That sai, reading this book reminded me of an early Kay Hooper or Iris Joha ...more
This was the first book I had ever read from this author, so was not sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The story sucked me in. Revenge can be a great plot device, or a boring waste of time. Here I thought it worked well. A few times the story was getting a little predictable, but by the end, a complete surprise (halfway thru a book I can usually figure out "who did it", not this one!) I loved the interaction between Holt and his daughter. If Annie Solomons ...more
Andrea
I really enjoyed this book! It was the perfect mystery book. I did not see the ending coming AT ALL! And I couldn't put it down. In fact, last night I stayed up until midnight reading, something I haven't done in a long time. I really felt for Edie, the main character. I wanted her to find out what happened to her father and I wanted thing to work out for her and Holt. And there was just enough passion and romance to keep me hooked without being too much. I defnitely want to read another book by ...more
Jenny
A great book with a good mix of mystery and suspense with romance. I like that the romance is there but it doesn’t concentrate too much on it. The story does concentrate on the two main characters but in between you also get narratives from a few other characters so you get to see their perspectives as well. When I was reading the book I was trying to figure out who a killer was and there were a few oblivious choices but in the end it was someone I never expected.
Tracey Risebrow
I would only give this 2.5 stars, I hated the heroine, could not really put my finger on why but I did not warm up to her at all and the hero also didn't do much for me! I nearly gave up half way through but the suspense plot kept me reading and the last quarter of the book picked up pace leading to a very unexpected ending. So 2.5 stars because the plot was good but no higher because I did not like the protagonists.
Debbie
I really enjoyed reading this story. Edie wasn’t anything like I was expecting. She had that tough girl exterior but was a real softy inside. I liked Holt although it really bugged me that he wasn’t willing to give Edie the benefit of the doubt. I know he was hurt that Edie lied to him but come on, if you really loved her? I have to say the ending was a surprise and one I didn’t see coming.
Carol
It took me over half the book to really warm up to the main character. I had a hard time believing that a woman that strong and independent would be so trapped in a past that happened when she was only like 10, but overall the book was really good. The mystery was full of twists and turns, and I, for one, didn't guess the ending. I enjoyed the romance, too, it felt real.
Amy
Revenge! Edie Swann has hungered for it since she fled her hometown as a little girl. Now she's returned ready for payback. Armed with a list of names, she leaves each suspect a chilling sign that he has blood on his hands. Her father's blood. What happens next turns her own blood cold . .

Fabulous and emotionally provoking!
Jan
A fun little book that moved along quickly. The romantic tension between Special Agent Finn (Sharkman) Carver and bad girl Angelina Mercer was interesting and more the book's focus than the hunt for stolen plutonium.
Aimee
2.5

The mystery was interesting. The romance was eye-rolling bad at most points. I really only finished it to find out whodunit.
  • Dark and Deadly
  • How to Score
  • My Forbidden Desire (My Immortals #2)
  • One Scream Away (Sheridan, #1)
  • Last Gasp
  • Silver Falls
  • Seduce Me (The Legend Hunters, #1)
  • Seeing Red
  • Crash Into Me
  • Merciless (Senseless, #2)
  • The Better to Hold You (Abra Barrow #1)
  • Sins of the Flesh (Sin Hunters #1)
  • True Vision (True Trilogy #1)
  • Love You to Death
  • Killer Heat  (Dept 6 Hired Guns, #3)
  • Deep Disclosure (A-Tac, #4)
  • Dark Hunger (Demonborn #2)
  • Waking Nightmare (Mindhunters, #1)
A native New Yorker, RITA-winning author Annie Solomon has been dreaming up stories since she was ten. After a twelve-year career in advertising, where she rose to Vice President and Head Writer at a mid-size agency, she abandoned the air conditioners, furnaces and heat pumps of her professional life for her first love—romance. An avid knitter, she now lives in Nashville with her husband and daugh ...more
More about Annie Solomon...
Blind Curve Two Lethal Lies Blackout Dead Shot Dead Ringer