Start by marking “A Christmas Scandal (Christmas, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Christmas Scandal (Christmas, #2)

A Christmas Scandal (Christmas #2)

In her latest romance, Jane Goodger weaves an unforgettable tale of a woman who thinks she's lost everything—until a little Christmas magic reunites her with the one man she could never forget...

Dashing, debonair, and completely irresistible, Edward Hollings has all of Newport buzzing—and to Maggie Pierce's surprise, she alone has caught his eye. But when the handsome earl
Mass Market Paperback, 335 pages
Published October 1st 2009 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Christmas Scandal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Christmas Scandal

Aly is so frigging bored
I forgot how much I love this author
Jaime West
Jul 16, 2011 Jaime West rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This book was not what I expected, it was worse!
Maggie Pierce the heroine, is portrayed as a lovely witty creature, who previously fell in love with Edward when their mutual friends' (Elizabeth and Rand the Duke of Bellingham) marriage was arranged. Edward then leaves the country unexpectedly and Maggie is left quite hurt because she had fallen in love with Edward and he didn't even say goodbye. In the mean time her father has stolen and embezzled money from their friends (nice guy) and landed h
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Dec 11, 2010 Rebecca (everyday reader) rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Edward and Maggie's story was a charming one. What she went through for her father and not being able to tell the man she loved about it. It is nice to atleast read about a love that is so deep between two people that they are despondent without each other. Good read!! I enjoy this trilogy.
Regina
May 28, 2012 Regina rated it liked it
I didn't understand that for as promising as this story sounded, ultimately it wasn't as wonderful as I expected. Edward and Maggie were great characters with a lot of sexual attraction for each other; unfortunately those particular scenes, however intense, were too few. On the plus side, their love for each other rang true. I particularly liked how the author focused on Edward's love for Maggie and his struggle with jealousy. Maggie suffered multiple crisis, which were realistically portrayed, ...more
Lauren
Dec 05, 2015 Lauren rated it it was ok
I bought this book because I needed to read a book set in my home town, and the back cover said that they meet in Newport. They did. In a previous book that I hadn't read. That was my fault, I guess, should have stayed with book 1. Anyway, apart from that, the book was alright. Kind of over the top and all over the place, but it was more or less what I expect from a romance novel. I do wish there had been more about Christmas and less about guys trying to force women to have sex with them.
Sandy
This was a great book! Great story with twists and turns. It's got a great convoluted epic plot-line going, a bit like a soap opera, but I love that angsty kind of feeling. Loved the heroine. She found such inner strength that made me not only like her but respect her.
Jun 16, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
This book could have been so much better. There wasn't nearly enough interaction between the two main characters and the plot didn't feel cohesive enough.
Carrie Felton
Jul 23, 2016 Carrie Felton rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! It was great! The characters were fantastic and the story line was not just exactly what you would expect but instead had some twists. Mostly, I really liked the characters
D.
D. rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2016
Carrie Macken
Carrie Macken rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2015
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was ok
May 10, 2015
Sune_friends4ever
Sune_friends4ever rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2013
Kathy
Kathy rated it did not like it
Mar 23, 2013
Tina
Tina rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2013
Bonny
Bonny rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2015
Meghan
Meghan rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Lady Day
Lady Day rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2015
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2015
Gayle
Gayle rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Amelie
Amelie rated it really liked it
May 13, 2012
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2009
Kendra
Nov 07, 2009 Kendra rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Followup to Marry Christmas, with Maggie and Lord Hollings. Good though a bit drawn out.
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
May 23, 2013
Lili
Lili rated it really liked it
May 04, 2015
Cate
Cate rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2011
Janga
Janga rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2009
Zagi
Zagi rated it it was ok
Sep 04, 2016
Gelena Bo
Gelena Bo rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2015
P.
Dec 26, 2015 P. rated it liked it
Lots of angst in this fairly complex story but a decent read nonetheless.
Michelle Carlson
Michelle Carlson rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Christmas Countess
  • Seduce Me By Christmas (Illegitimate Bachelor, #3)
  • The Winter Wife: A Christmas Novella
  • His for Christmas (House of Trent, #1.5)
  • One Wild Night
  • Christmas Revels
  • All the Pleasures of the Season
  • Once Upon a Christmas (Nobody, #2)
  • A Seduction at Christmas (Scandals and Seductions, #1)
  • A Christmas Present
  • The Danger of Desire (Dartmouth Brides #3)
  • The Christmas Secret  (The Secrets of Hadley Green, #1.5)
  • A Countess by Christmas
  • Christmas Beau
  • Marian's Christmas Wish
  • Not Proper Enough (Reforming the Scoundrels, #2)
  • Mischief & Mistletoe
  • Saved by Scandal
I grew up in western Massachusetts and have lived most my adult life in New England. Thanks to my adventurous husband, I've also done brief stints in Virginia, Washington, D.C., and Naples, Italy. Although I've written four contemporary romances under the name Jane Blackwood, my first love is historical romances set in Victorian times. I've written 13 of those with more on the way.
I have three ki
More about Jane Goodger...

Christmas (3 books)
  • Marry Christmas (Christmas, #1)
  • A Christmas Waltz (Christmas, #3)