Tears of Silence

Tears of Silence

3.17 of 5 stars 3.17  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  2 reviews
'My life was like running a hurdle race - every so often I had to jump over an obstacle.' This is the story of Kaashi's journey from her early childhood in Pakistan to married adult life in Britain. It is a story of courage and determination in a world dominated by men. Kaashi is an ordinary Pakistani woman, one of many who suffer all kinds of abuse within their own family...more
Published June 12th 2006 by G2 Rights

*•.♥.•*Sabrina Rutter*•.♥.•*
This could have been a really great book. I was really torn between three stars and two but decided to go with the two because at some points the story confused me. It was hard to tell who was talking at times and if it was an actual conversation or her thoughts.
Towards the middle of the book it picked up and became a little more interesting but was then rushed to the point I couldn't even remember her first husbands name.
If this book would have been longer it really could have been an amazing...more
Nazia Ahmed
It was only ok, I think I need to read it again to remember what the story was about??!!
Daldoula
Daldoula marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2013
Caroline G'wattage
Caroline G'wattage marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2010
Tears Behind the Veil: A True Story Tears Behind the Veil: A True Story Remembering the Night Train Blossom and I: Tears Behind Closed Doors