The Best Man: The Four of Cups

The Best Man: The Four of Cups

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Zack and Quaid have been lovers for more than a decade, but things aren't going well between them. Quaid is dependable, but Zack is bored, dissatisfied with their routine. At a family wedding in Las Vegas, Zack does his thing, with little consideration of what Quaid wants or needs, until he notices how much attention one of the other guests is paying to Quaid. And how much...more
Published December 2008 by Torquere Press (first published 2008)

Ami
It's about two couple, Zach and Quaid ... and Zach feels like their relationship is in trouble. Something is wrong with Quaid, they don't even have sex anymore. It's the wedding of Quaid's brother, and Zach plans to fix whatever wrong because he loves Quaid, and he's not giving up on their relationship. For a short story (only 28 pages), this one is full of heart (sigh). I LOVE the scene where Zach realizes what is wrong, when he fears he is losing Quaid. It's such a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL story,...more
Deeze
A sweet little short.

I enjoyed the way Zack came to realise what he was doing, and set about changing.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
2.5 stars more like it. I never connected to the characters and Zach was an asshole and pretty boring for a narrator
Arthur
I love reading this story. I recognized their actions in the beginning of the story since they remind me of my actions in similar situation.

What I like from the story is they talk. But most importantly, Zach does something to prevent their relationship go awry. I never thought anything happened between Quaid and Jeremy since the other guy is very young and Quaid sees him as a kid.
Jazz
This was a great short read. A lot of character development and emotion for such a quick read. Sure Zack is a jerk and you're wondering what Quaid is doing with him, but then that's the point. He's in a funk and driving his lover away when he's the one who he should be nice to because he gets it the most. Zack can be trying at times, but its in a very realistic way. There is a great connection between these partners and its clear that Zack is just having a rough time as people sometimes do, he j...more
Serena Yates
I loved this story about a relationship in trouble with both main characters fighting to get back what they once had.

The fact that Quaid won't ride a roller coaster (with the rest of the wedding party) sparks a discussion about trying new things. Zack is all for trying new things, except when Quaid wants to do a spa treatment for couples, Zack doesnt want to join him. The misunderstandings and lost opportunities for communication mount up.

I loved the way that Jenna Jones described the bleakness...more
Clarissa
Until the end I still didn't understand Quaid's attraction to Zack. He's an arsehole who finally comes to his senses because he's afraid of being left alone. It's not even about love.

"If it were over I'd smile back, Zack thought. I'd ask him his name, where he was from, how long was he in Sin City, would he like a drink…
He took one more regretful look at the boy and left the gardens. See? he thought. The things I give up for him. He has no idea."

What a jerk.

I still think Quaid's better off witho...more
Sally halliday
Sally halliday marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2012
Lada
Lada added it
Oct 22, 2012
Lasticmax
Lasticmax marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2012
Fay
Fay marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2012
Nikko
Nikko marked it as to-read
May 09, 2012
Alaska
Alaska marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2012
Marylynn
Marylynn marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Jenna Jones has been making up stories for as long as she can remember, and writing them down for not quite that long. She loves writing about people in love.

(To distinguish between me and Regency-author Jenna Jones, when adding my books please put two spaces between Jenna and Jones: Jenna^^Jones.)
More about Jenna Jones...
West, Haven (Love is Always Write) Chiaroscuro (City by the Bay, #1) Something Beautiful (City by the Bay, #2) Corazón Animal Crackers (Apples & Gin, #2)