Start by marking “I Sure Am Glad to See You, Blackboard Bear” as Want to Read:
I Sure Am Glad to See You, Blackboard Bear

I Sure Am Glad to See You, Blackboard Bear

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  5 reviews
A favorite classic returns--with fabulous full-color art!
Anthony is tired of being bullied. So Blackboard Bear is a good friend to have when the other children don't want to play fair. He knows how to
teach them a lesson and how to make Anthony feel much, much better.
First published more than thirty years ago, the popular Blackboard Bear books were instantly celebrated fo
Published April 1st 2001 by Candlewick (first published 1976)

To ask other readers questions about I Sure Am Glad to See You, Blackboard Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Sure Am Glad to See You, Blackboard Bear

Melanie
This book starts out with Anthony playing with Gloria. Only Gloria won't share her toys except the toy box full of junk. Anthony storms off to get ice cream telling Gloria she'll "be sorry." He's then teased by children who hide behind a bush and put a fake alligator in his path to scare him. They are also told they will "be sorry." Anthony finally makes it to the ice cream stand. However, once he leaves the store, his ice cream is stolen by Stewart.

Anthony ends up in some type of classroom sett
Garrett Ellis
I think this could be a lesson learning book to help students realize you never know what your fellow students have gone through throughout the day so be as nice as possible to them. A very easy read for younger students!
Sarah Stumphf
My two year old and my ten year old both enjoyed hearing me read this to them as they looked at the pictures. They couldn't believe this kid threw away his teddy bear, but they thought the ending was pretty funny.
Earl
Even though, my A to Z Children’s Picture Book Series Reading Challenge was so 2011, I decided to continue it.

I'm loving Martha Alexander's illustrations for Blackboard Bear series. The lesson I got from "I Sure Am Glad to See You, Blackboard Bear" was to find a bigger bully to bully your bully. I'm pretty sure that's not what the author wanted.
Alice
Elise
Elise added it
Jul 03, 2013
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
May 08, 2013
Anusha
Anusha marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2013
Nov 13, 2010
Beth
Beth added it
Mar 26, 2009
Born in Georgia, Martha attended the Cincinnati Academy of Art, and lived in many places, including New York, Alaska, and Washington state, before settling in Honolulu, Hawaii. She had two children, eight grandchildren, and 10 great-grandchildren. Martha Alexander died in 2006.
More about Martha Alexander...
Poems and Prayers for the Very Young A You're Adorable Blackboard Bear Max and the Dumb Flower Picture And My Mean Old Mother Will Be Sorry, Blackboard Bear