Start by marking “Maid-sama! Vol. 04 (Maid-sama! #4)” as Want to Read:
Maid-sama! Vol. 04 (Maid-sama! #4)

Maid-sama! Vol. 04 (Maid Sama! #4)

4.53 of 5 stars 4.53  ·  rating details  ·  5,579 ratings  ·  36 reviews
The rogue hypnotist strikes again! Post-hypnosis, if Misaki sleeps, she will wake up hating Usui! Well, hating him more than usual... Usui fights to keep Misaki's rage at bay by keeping her awake as long as possible. Later, Misaki and Cafe Maid Latte take a trip to the beach. Even with Aoi along for the ride, it's all fun in the sun -- with a bit of danger and romance thro ...more
Published April 13th 2010 by TokyoPop (first published December 5th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Maid-sama! Vol. 04, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maid-sama! Vol. 04

Maid-sama! Vol. 01 by Hiro FujiwaraOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoKamisama Kiss, Vol. 1 by Julietta Suzuki
Best Romance Manga
41st out of 178 books — 250 voters
Yotsuba&!, Vol. 02 by Kiyohiko AzumaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriNisekoi by Naoshi KomiLibrary Wars by Kiiro YumiSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki Nakamura
Funny Manga's
101st out of 106 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Joti
Jocelyne
March 2014: 4.5 Stars (Shown as 4)
And so concluded the Hypnotism arc. I love Soutarou Kanou's character development, although I'm still not sure I understand his reason for being uncomfortable around women. He's sweet once you get to know him <3
OMG the BEACH ARC!! 1) yay! Aoi returns! 2) WAAAAH THAT PART ON PAGE 90!! *nosebleed* Geez that took me by surprise the first time around (in the anime). Usui, you sly, sly dog... HNNNG he's so sweet to Misaki <3333 kind of creepily possessive, but
Starry
Reader17 Der
I like this series, it makes me laugh. In this volume of Maid Sama Kanou is trying to brain wash Misaki into hating Usui. If she falls asleep she may wake up hating him. Will Usui be able to keep her awake so she doesn't end up hating him or will she end up falling asleep.

Another chapter has the school hosting an open house trying to get more students to come to the school. In this wacky chapter you have Usui being told he has to help in all of the sports so the teams look good, and Kanou ends
Jessica
Last installment we left with Kanon trying to hypnotizing Usui. At the beginning of the fourth volume Kanon fails at hypnotizing Usui into hating Misaki. With his plans of getting rid of the female body in Seika High, he tries plan-b and hypnotized Misaki. When she wakes up at 7 o'clock in the morning she will hate Usui, but with Usui's help she's able to stay awake and avoid being hypnotized.

With a girl hating hypnotist on a rampage in the school, Misaki trying to increase enrollment into Seika
*Queen Diva*
Once again, I just love how bad ass Misaki is!! She is seriously so fabulous I can't get over her greatness.

So... Soutarou Kanou is a stud! Haha! I like that nerdy, dark, mysterious guy look. I hope he'll be making appearances in the remaining volumes because I do enjoy him a lot.

I'm also very happy the manga-ka jokes about the fact that Usui is perfect at everything and also shows up at every convenient moment. At least she's admitting she's making him ridiculous XD Lol!

I really love this serie
Penny
This manga was interesting enough for me to read, but it didn't really draw me in. Sure it was funny and normal with everyday problems and yes i did download the anime, but i felt like something was missing, maybe it was just me that I'm used to reading other types of manga.

Misaki is a young girl who is called the demon president at school for being so strict especially with boys. But little do they know after school she goes to her part-time job as a maid at a maid cafe. Pretty soon the hottest
Hannah
Series Review: Maid-sama! Is a funny and entertaining manga that I thoroughly enjoyed. The characters were great and carried the manga through when the plot got a bit dull. The plot itself was entertaining. I definitely recommend giving this manga a try.
Rena
I think she is starting to notice that she is falling for him. This is precious. He is so protective of her, and she just doesn't know how to accept the affection. It's so darn cute to watch!!!
TwinFitzgeraldKirkland
Risolto il problema con Kano in maniera molto molto Shojo (continuo a domandarmi perchè nonostante Takumi non sia in giro Kano non prenda e non ipnotizzi di nuovo quella mente labile di Misaki per non sgobbare come un mulo), ovvero con motivazioni stupide e abbraccioni in amicizia finali, le nostre maid riusciranno a maiderare anche in una vacanza al mare.
Quindi ce l'hanno proprio per vocazione.
Menzione di merito a Takumi che fa i succhiotti istantanei.

Quattro stelline perchè la "fiaba maidizz
Lesley
*___*

Now we're getting somewhere! The first 3 vols were just kind of cute and mildly amusing, but suddenly, vol 4 ramps up the romance and the goo and it was fabulous. Nothing really happened plot-wise - just somehow the author did a great job emoting in this one.

Also, there was a heeelarious side story at the end of this volume, involving the main characters as the legendary characters from that old folk tale about the old folks finding the giant peach with the magical kid inside (I really don
Priyam
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

Just started reading this...me like the heroine the most. it makes this series different than others. She reminds me of SA's Hanazono Hikari. Both are tomboyish, strong, top grades except Misaki (the "Kaichou") has this stubborness and scariness. All the guys are afraid of her, it's really hilarious! Well no duh, Misaki has this "I hate boys" attitude, she cuts them NO slack whatsoever! Heehee. Yeah, I like books with strong heroines. With the exception of Koko ni Iru Yo! Su
Danyka
Loved the manga, and it's anime.

I actually read the manga, and watched it's anime. Both are awesome.
Debby
Dec 14, 2013 Debby rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
This volume is one barrage of feels. A definite favorite.

*sobs over the perfection*
Skye (Skye's Scribblings)
This series only gets better and better!!
Lauren
I absolutely love this manga! The drawings and characters and everything are just sprinting off of the pages in excitement. There was a lot of comedy coupled with the romance aspects in the series so it didn’t make it overly girly or childish. I love how it shows a stronger sides to women’s attitudes that they aren’t going to take crap from no one and they can prove it to you (largely by kicking everyone’s a**). Misaki and Takumi’s relationship is absolutely hilarious and amazing!

I did watch the
Mari
Definitely like Kanou-kun <3.
Amy Gideon
I didn't care for the side stories at end at all. The character Q&As were entertaining though.

Also, I think how the author portrays a transgender character is well done. While there is a comedic aspect to some of the scenes Aoi is in, her need to be recognized as a girl isn't treated lightly. It feels authentic, "It's not a light matter to me. I've fought for so long to hold on to what I believe in. People call me weird or disgusting...but this is who I am! This is how I feel most like mysel
Dani
While I didn't hate this volume I'm finding that the plot is getting rather lackluster. I didn't much like the end to the hypnotist trials and find the plot after that not really getting anywhere.

Unfortunately the whole premise is starting to feel contrived because it seems the author doesn't know where to go with it. :(
VampireAngelSadist
I love the drawings, not the detailed ones but the short little cartoon ones.
They're just so cute and funny!
I've grown to like Aoi, but at first he got on my nerves, but he makes it a funnier story with Usui.
USUI! Jeezuz, that boy... uhhh.... well...
GRRRR He's just so reliable!
Pam Zaragoza
It's so nice to see that Misaki is obviously realizing that she has feelings for Usui. oh and he's really that perverted alien after all. He's so perfect okay. Misaki's so lucky to have a guy "stalking" her like that.
Lara
This volume was all over the place, and none of the storylines were terribly compelling to me--especially the dream sequence folk tale side story at the end. Beh. Maybe the next one will be better.
Savvy
I still like these books. It's different from the Fruits Baskets books, depth wise. There's not behind the story scenes... Yet. I so hope I get to heard/read everyones background.
Dexter
A fun volume introducing one of my favorite characters, Kanou. Plus, the maids go to the beach! While it's not my favorite volume, it's still pretty good.
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I tried finishing it, I skimmed, I got bored. I'm not going to continue reading the series, that's for sure.
Cindy
OMG!!!! Maid Sama was the cutest bad boy love sory ever!!!!!
Blaire_Witch
same here tooo, i like this one too!!!
Renee
This series is one of the best ...more
  • Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 4 (Dengeki Daisy, #4)
  • Special A, Vol. 6 (Special A, #6)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 14 (Ouran High School Host Club, #14)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 21
  • キスよりも早く1 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 6] (Faster than a Kiss #6)
  • High School Debut, Vol. 07 (High School Debut, #7)
  • Gakuen Alice, Vol. 03 (Gakuen Alice, #3)
Hiro Fujiwara (藤原 ヒロ in Japanese) is a Japanese manga artist.

The manga artist was once active under her previous pen name, Izumi Hiro (和泉 ヒロ) at the end of the 1990's but has abandoned the name after she won the Best Rookie award in the LMS for Kaeri Michi, Yuki no Netsu.

Her first series, which is also her latest ongoing work, Kaichō wa Maid-sama! (会長はメイド様!, translation Maid Sama!) is currently se
More about Hiro Fujiwara...

Maid Sama! (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 01 (Maid-sama!, #1)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 02 (Maid-sama! #2)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 03 (Maid-sama! #3)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 05 (Maid-sama! #5)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 06 (Maid-sama!, #6)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 07 (Maid Sama! #7)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 08 (Maid Sama! #8)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 09 (Maid Sama!, #9)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 10 (Maid Sama!, #10)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 11 (Maid Sama!, #11)
Maid-sama! Vol. 01 (Maid-sama!, #1) Maid-sama! Vol. 02 (Maid-sama! #2) Maid-sama! Vol. 03 (Maid-sama! #3) Maid-sama! Vol. 05 (Maid-sama! #5) Maid-sama! Vol. 07 (Maid Sama! #7)