Our Front Pages: 21 Years of Greatness, Virtue, and Moral Rectitude from America's Finest News Source

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  11 reviews
From The Birth Of A Nation To The Death Of Journalism

Since its founding by a bloodthirsty tyrant in 1756, The Onion has not merely changed the way we think about the news -- it has changed whether we think about the news at all. As the first decade of this new millennium draws to a close, Our Front Pages shows us the first thing that presidents, kings, prime ministers, an...more
Published November 3rd 2009 by Scribner

To ask other readers questions about Our Front Pages, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Front Pages

Lizzy
Sep 18, 2012 Lizzy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: humor
It was interesting to see what's changed and what hasn't about the Onion over the years (there were even some articles that included "inside jokes" or similar formats, and one or two repeats over the years). It was a little annoying not being able to read all the articles, but the Onion's headlines are hilarious even standing alone, so it wasn't too bad.
Kristy Mcghee
This is a book on newspaper front pages from 1988-2008. It can be used to show what was happening in the world during this time period and what was important to the nation. It is also a great tool to show how things change and the importance evolves as well. The only drawback is that it seems as if it is mocking news today. I would use it but with caution.
Kate
Dec 20, 2011 Kate rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: its loyal readership
Recommended to Kate by: Rd AMH
Shelves: miscellany
New Excedrin "Lights Out" Kills You Dead on the Spot

Moral Compass Lost in Woods

Kenyan Grandmother Dominates Walk-a-thon

Road-Kill Squirrel Remembered as Frantic, Indecisive

Stoner Architect Drafts All-Foyer Mansion
Jonny99
Funny but you find yourself wanting the rest of the article on too many occassions making the fact that only the front page is shown frustrating.
Jeremy
As always hilarious. Highlights "Inner City Overachiever Receives GED at 11" and "Independent-Minded Cat Shits Outside of the Box". Nice.
Michael
Brilliantly funny. The Onion holds nothing sacred, which is its strength and sometimes its weakness.
Brett
A selection of front pages from The Onion's entire run. What's not to like?
Phil
With front pages like this, who needs the rest of it?
Ron Dakron
Kitten thinks of nothing but murder all day.
Nicole
Dec 23, 2009 Nicole rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: K
Shelves: humor
indescribably funny.
Joy
Pee in your pants funny!
Mindy
Mindy marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Rob
Rob marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
John Hunter
John Hunter marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The satirical newspaper The Onion was founded in 1988 at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. Originally a weekly humor print publication targeting a local student population, The Onion is today a booming news organization known as America’s Finest News Source.

The launch of TheOnion.com in 1996 expanded its signature brand of satire to a national and international audience. Online expansion opene...more
More about The Onion...
Our Dumb Century: The Onion Presents 100 Years of Headlines from America's Finest News Source Our Dumb World: The Onion's Atlas of the Planet Earth Dispatches from the Tenth Circle: The Best of The Onion The Onion's Finest News Reporting, Volume 1 The Onion Ad Nauseam: Complete News Archives, Volume 13