Sierra Bride

Sierra Bride

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Powerful Sam Pickett is used to getting his way. So he is baffled when Kate Wells, a feisty little hellion who steps between him and a bullet in the back, isn't remotely interested in becoming his latest plaything--despite the fact she's poor, with an aunt and blind sister to support!Sam's life is transformed by this compassionate, hardworking woman--who is strangely cynic...more
Published August 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Sierra Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sierra Bride

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
I liked this book a lot. It’s different from the other two books by Ms. Kernan that I have read and enjoyed, but that’s good. I like to see an author doing different things and mixing it up. One thing that was similar, and the most important thing, is Ms. Kernan’s ability to write a story that engages me, and her penchant for troubled characters falling in love with each other.

My thoughts:
• Sam was a sexy guy. He had charisma. I loved that Sam built himself from the ground up, from a very troub...more
Purvika
i so wanted to give this book three stars, but its language stopped me.
this book is tagged under Historical romance but the language *shaking heah* ......language was too bad.

there were many words that were not used in Historical romances for example kinda, how can one use "kinda" in a historical romance. many different errors were there and spelling mistakes, if i started quoting. this review wont be enough.

Story was good and were the character build-up. i enjoyed the story dispite the lack...more
Mombo
It's one of those stories where you hate the hero and then love him. Why does that keep happening to me?
Camelama
I would have given this a higher review, for a pretty good story and interesting characters, if it wasn't for all the word usage errors. So many flipped words (steel/steal, their/there, weak/week etc). And so many just WRONG!

The errors that seriously brought me to a standstill and made me put the book down:
-You do not consider "hawking" his jewelry, you hock it.
-If someone does something gutsy, they do not have "bullocks". They have bollocks. Bullocks are castrated steers - in other words, bul...more
Tasneem
This is a realy good read. I adore the heroine, she is so strong and Sam is a super hero. I loved the emotion in the story, especially Kate's feelings of fear and caution about falling in love and being with a man again. I liked the reality of the emotions, how she had been hurt by Luke. Well written and nicely expressed.
Kat
Sep 27, 2009 Kat rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: historical romance lovers
Recommended to Kat by: my critigue group
Excellent read. Engaging characters and a setting brought to life by beautiful writing.
Lyre Masaru
A forgettable book, though I really like the beginning.
Paula Carlson
Not my usual type of book, but I enjoyed it.
Robin29860
Great quick read. I love Sam! Enough said
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Jan
Jan added it
Jul 26, 2014
Cary
Cary added it
Jun 29, 2014
Ashley Cassidy
Ashley Cassidy marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Blissfulbernie
Blissfulbernie marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Blissfulbernie
Blissfulbernie marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Fernande
Fernande marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
Mariana Durbay cabello
Mariana Durbay cabello marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2013
Zita K.
Zita K. marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
Jojo
Jojo marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Award-winning author Jenna Kernan writes fast-paced adventures in paranormal and Western historical romance. Her first book, WINTER WOMAN, sold in 2003 and was nominated for a RITA Award. Since then Jenna has sold over a dozen romances. In 2010 she won the Book Buyers Best Award for her debut paranormal, Dream Stalker from Silhouette Nocturne. Jenna is every bit as adventurous as her heroines. Her...more
More about Jenna Kernan...
Dream Stalker (The Tracker #1) Winter Woman Beauty's Beast (The Tracker #4) Ghost Stalker (The Tracker #2) The Last Cahill Cowboy (Cahill Cowboys, #4)