Start by marking “When the Heavens Fall (Winslow Breed, #2)” as Want to Read:
When the Heavens Fall (Winslow Breed, #2)

When the Heavens Fall (Winslow Breed #2)

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  83 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
THE SECOND NOVEL IN THE WINSLOW BREED SERIES—THE PREQUEL TO THE FAMED HOUSE OF WINSLOW BREED SERIES!

Brandon Winslow would rather gamble and frequent taverns than attend church. So how does he find himself at the forefront of the resistance to Bloody Mary’s attempt to eliminate—at sword’s point, if need be—the Protestant faith?

During the reign of Mary I of England—"Bloody M
Published May 11th 2010 by Howard Books (first published April 23rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about When the Heavens Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When the Heavens Fall

She Walks in Beauty by Siri MitchellThe Healer's Apprentice by Melanie DickersonA Tailor-Made Bride by Karen WitemeyerCourting Morrow Little by Laura FrantzHead in the Clouds by Karen Witemeyer
Best Christian Fiction Book Covers
169th out of 836 books — 771 voters
Redeeming Love by Francine RiversA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversAn Echo in the Darkness by Francine RiversAs Sure as the Dawn by Francine RiversThe Silent Governess by Julie Klassen
Best Christian Historical Fiction
484th out of 993 books — 1,135 voters

More lists with this book...

Victor Gentile
Jul 09, 2011 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing
Gilbert Morris in his new book, "When The Heavens Fall" Book Two in the Winslow Breed Series published by Howard Books takes us back to England in the 1500's.

The spotlight is now on Brandon Winslow, the son of Stuart Winslow from the first novel in this series, "Honor In The Dust". Young Brandon is a woman chaser and a gambler who is constantly in trouble. When he joins the army he seduces the wife of the commanding officer, is caught, flogged and discharged. In order to support himself he takes
Michelle
more like 4.5 stars

When the Heavens Fall is an enthralling fictional tale set during the reign of "bloody" Mary Tudor. I enjoyed entering the lives of the royals through the story and liked this book almost as much as the first one, Honor in the Dust. The story does a great job of taking the reader to the edge of the proverbial cliff. The author makes you hold your breath a number of times as bad things continue to get worse for the characters.

People who enjoy reading about the Tudors will enj
Margaret
May 11, 2011 Margaret rated it really liked it
Recommended to Margaret by: reading the first novel in the series
Last year I eagerly read my first novel from Gilbert Morris the first in the Winslow Breed Series, Honor in the Dust: A Novel and enjoyed it immensely. This series is a prequel to the "famed House of Winslow Breed Series". Just this past week the second novel was released, titled When the Heavens Fall. First off let me tell you how much I love the covers from both of these books in the series so far. They are just hints of gorgeous. Even more attractive in person. Although, I do believe that the ...more
Ginny Reed
Mar 09, 2016 Ginny Reed rated it liked it
I love the Tudor history in this book but felt the story dragged on and on. As in the 1st book in this series, the last part of the book is a "religious lesson." I found I wanted to start skimming to get past these chapters. I'm hoping book 3 in the series is better written.
Heather Boise
Mar 07, 2013 Heather Boise rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Tia Sardello
This book does an amazing job of showing the love and grace God has for us. Also if you like historical fiction then this book is right up your alley. It is set in Old England during Bloody Mary's reign. Anyone who wants to read a story full of romance, and adventure this book is for you.
Beth
Oct 08, 2011 Beth rated it liked it
Decent historical fiction book. Didnt read the first one, but may look for it. It wasnt the most interesting book I have ever read, but it was really easy to read and to get into.
Jack
Jan 22, 2013 Jack rated it liked it
Good book, but I didn't like it quite as much as the first in the series. I found some of the writing a little repetitive.
Deborah
Oct 24, 2013 Deborah rated it it was amazing
Fascinating reading!
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Kerry Pommier
Kerry Pommier marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Deon
Deon marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Hermione
Hermione marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Janica Ancheta
Janica Ancheta marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Wanda Trentham
Wanda Trentham rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Leah Mcrae
Leah Mcrae marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Cyrie Albarico
Cyrie Albarico marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
~MissDaae~
~MissDaae~ marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Whitney
Whitney marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Kaye Dewar
Kaye Dewar rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2016
Cara
Cara marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Shauna Bostian
Shauna Bostian marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 11, 2015 04:29PM
  • Baroness (Daughters of Fortune, #2)
  • Heathersleigh Homecoming (Secrets of Heathersleigh Hall, #3)
  • An Uncommon Grace
  • The Gabon Virus (TSI: Time Scene Investigators, #1)
  • The Cowboy Tutor (Three Brides for Three Cowboys, #1)
  • A Lady Like Sarah (A Rocky Creek Romance, #1)
  • Crimson Cipher
  • Finding Becky (Winds Across the Prairie, #3)
  • Cherry Blossom Capers
  • A Hope Beyond (Ribbons of Steel, #2)
  • To Love and to Cherish (The Bliss Creek Amish #1)
  • Masquerade
  • A Tapestry of Hope (Lights of Lowell, #1)

Winslow Breed (3 books)
  • Honor in the Dust (Winslow Breed, #1)
  • As the Sparks Fly Upward (Winslow Breed, #3)