Start by marking “Music in the Night (Logan, #4)” as Want to Read:
Music in the Night (Logan, #4)

Music in the Night (Logan #4)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  4,417 ratings  ·  52 reviews
Laura Logan dreams of a glorious Cape Cod day when all the dark secrets are swept away.... For Laura Logan, life on Cape Cod has been nearly perfect, full of magical days spent enjoying the sea with her beloved twin brother, Cary. But then, like the creeping of the tides, the vicious rumors at school begin -- cruel voices saying unspeakable things about the Logans. Laura t...more
Published 2004 by Pocket (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Music in the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Music in the Night

Shannon
Anna (Yoda Is My Spirit Animal)
Kim Smiley
Pretty good book. The beginning is a little slow because it's all regarding previous information learned from the first 3 books in the series.

I felt bad for the tortured soul of Laura. To be so happy and in love with someone who obviously felt the same for her to have tragedy strike. The character of Grandmother Olivia is the most evil in this book. Her despicable decision to commit Laura to a mental institution after discovering her amnesia is unforgiveable.

The book then reminds me of the mov...more
Ren
The prequel to it all! We get an inside look at the gemini of Melody Logan, and realize the truth about what had actually happened to her before the series' protagonist had actually arrived. All the unanswered questions such as "how did _____ happen" or "what made _____ like ______". It all comes full circle with this book. I can't really remember why I rated it three stars. In fact, it seems a little... forgettable compared the main series. All I remember is the ending, and that I was shocked a...more
Alex
The fourth book in the Logan series takes us back to before Laura died, and it was nice to find out what happened to her. As always, these books are such a guilty pleasure of mine, and I'm ashamed at how much I enjoy them.

The beginning of this was kind of boring, because I didn't care that much about her relationship with Robert. I did think Cary was a total creeper, and that makes me wary about his future with Melody.

The second half of this book was MUCH better, though. (view spoiler)...more
Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup)
Apr 12, 2014 Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: V.C. Andrews fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: my mom
Shelves: twice-read, reviewed
This fourth book in the Logan series, is about Laura Logan. If you have already read the first three books of the series then you already know that she is (view spoiler) This book just merely takes us back to see how. Like most V.C. Andrews books it sticks to a structure, and gives us an insight on how effed up the world can be.
Natasha
This book is written from Laura's perspective and it's supposed to give us an insight as to what actually happened to her. For me, I found this book quite boring due to the fact that in the 3rd book, Melody discovers Laura's fate and grandmother Olivia's cruelty. Also, Cary's weird possessiveness of his sister is implied on many occasions on the previous books (ie the hole he created on the attic floor to watch her) therefore the reader has already formed a theory as to what life was like for La...more
Jo Sorrell
Entertaining but I did a lot of skimming as I found it a bit wordy.
A Synopsis?
"Life is pretty much perfect for Laura Logan. She has loving parents, an adorable little sister, her boyfriend Robert, and her protective twin brother, Cary. Only, Cary is jealous of Robert. He believes that Robert is just out to use girls and break their hearts. Also, Cary refuses to let Laura grow up.

But when grandmother Olivia finds out that Laura is dating Robert, she demands that Laura end the relationship. Grand...more
Julie Anne Gniadek
This book gets increasingly more interesting. There is a HUGE paradox going on. The beginning of the book was beautiful, sweet, and innocent. During what seems like the second half of the story, Laura is in a mental institution where there is a lot of darkness, anger, and pain. Perhaps this symbolizes the ebbs and flows of love. Love can be magical and love can be painful. I think the ending was well done where Laura reunites with Robert in true love after death. I think this gives the story a R...more
Mayra
Very entertaining. The most interesting part was, of course, when she wound up in a mental hospital. Before that it was just recounting events one has already learned if they have read the previous books. There was no account of how Laura and Robert met and fell for each other. When this began they were already dating and Cary had this creepy obsession with his sister's love life. Laura, of course, was bland, as are most of the V.C. Andrews protagonists. And her father was a douche. But I'm asha...more
Delicious Strawberry
This book broke the usual pattern of previous VCA books by being about a cousin of the main protagonist rather than their children. But then, the ending of Unfinished Symphony pretty much wrapped up everything to give Cary and Melody a happy ending. My beef with this series is how helpless and fragile May is made simply because of her deafness, this is ridiculous. Other than that, the Logan family series had been decent, and this book gives us a surprising peek into the Logan family secrets.

Afte...more
Jess
I just wish I knew how to quit V.C. Andrews.

Or, in this case, the ghost writer for V.C. Andrews.

You see, I discovered that the real V.C. Andrews died after completing the Flowers in the Attic series along with only a handful of other books, and that her family hired a ghost writer to write a ton more titles under her name. The Logan Family Series were among those titles.

That's why nothing is quite as juicy or good as Flowers in the Attic.

These books are what I like to call my literary palette cl...more
Carol  MacInnis
Laura Logan is a young girl on the cusp of entering into womanhood. Laura has a twin brother, Cary, who has always been extremely overprotective of her and now, even moreso since Laura is dating a new boy at school, Robert Royce. Laura's family is a church going family who always began their evening meal with her father reading scripture from the Bible. The matriarch of the family is Grandmother Olivia Logan and believes first and foremost that the Logan name always be honoured and that means no...more
Heather
Loved these books as a tween.
Molli Moran
Laura Logan's story was tragic and beautiful all at the same time. I fell in love with Laura and with Robert Royce, and by the time I finished the book, I felt as if I had known these characters forever. Seeing the Logan family through Laura's eyes instead of Melody's was a beautiful end to the series, as Laura and Melody were not as similar as Sara, Laura's mother believed. Laura's story is one of love and hope and courage, and I found her to be one of V.C. Andrew's most captivating protagonist...more
Connie J.estrada
I WAS SO SAD TO LEARN HOW LAURA AND ROBERT DIED. WHAT RIGHT DID OLIVIA HAVE IN TRYING TO PREVENT THEM FROM DATING. IT WAS NOT HER CALL, O.K I CAN SEE HOW DISAPPOINTED HER FATHER WOULD HAVE BEEN IF HE KNEW THAT LAURA HAD PREMARITAL SEX, BUT CLEARLY SHE DID NOT HAVE AN OLDER WOMEN TO WHOM SHE COULD HAVE GONE TO FOR ADVISE. HER OWN MOTHER WAS TOO SHY TO SPEAK OF ANYTHING THAT PERTAINING TO SEX. SO THE NEXT BEST THING FOR LAURA WAS TO TALK TO BELINDA.
Natalie Gallagher
I had been waiting since Book 1 to find out what really happened to Laura. Based on the previous books Cary seemed to think Laura died hating him but I didn't get that impression. Laura was mad but she had forgiven him. Why didn't Cary tell Melody what he had done? It wasn't even that serious. I didn't think Olivia was believable in the epilogue. She seemed too caring. Basically this book was a disappointment since I enjoyed the others so much.
Angela
I have been fascinated by the author that still writes after she died. This is written by a ghost writer commissioned by the family of miss Virginia Andrews. A ghost writer....funny.

although this is the fourth book in a larger series, it can stand on its own. I enjoyed it. A nice read -- nothing that will change the world...and a slightly dissatisfying end really.
Salisberry
The first half was rather boring, but once I got to 1/2 or 2/3 of the book, everything changed and got interesting after the 'tragedy' struck, not to spoil anything, but it's true. I couldn't put the book down. I thought it was going to be a happy ending, but then I read the Epilogue and cried. A lot.
Over all, it was a good book and it is something I will remember.
Patricia Atkinson
this is the story of laura and what happened to her and what she went through.this was a very interesting book when you wonder about laura and her life and her grandmothers role in it all.
Kimberly
VC Andrews has always been a favorite of mine since my childhood days. I have read (and re-read) all of her books, and although I am much older now and find that some of her work is better than others, I still enjoy the twists and turns, strangeness and mystery that continues to captivate my interest. (even some of the ghostwriter's work)
Sandra
Jul 10, 2010 Sandra rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teenagers, Young Adults
Recommended to Sandra by: Grandmother
It was good, kinda slow, but good. The grandmother and other people in the book got on my nerves somewhat. It's sad to know that there are people like that. It was like a forbidden love story of romeo and juliet and with pretty much the same ending. Overall it's a beautiful story which i enjoyed during this summer vacation.
Casey
I've never read a VC Andrews book before so this was my first.
I liked the book at first but then right in the middle of the book the story line seems to twist. It became dragged on for the second half of the book. A good story line for the first few chapters but I don't think I'll read another "Logan" series anytime soon.
Caroline
I went through a phase of reading Virginia Andrews a few years ago. I must have liked them or I wouldn't have read so many. Not sure I'd enjoy them so much now. All a bit formulaic really, same story - different names.

3 stars - I liked it at the time
Deja
Jun 26, 2008 Deja rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone loves drama
Recommended to Deja by: me
This book is about a girl named Laura who is in a forbidden love. then one night, something happens and she is in a nuthouse. Her lover died and she fogets about him cause she has amnesia so she remembers him and kills herself so she can be with him forever.
Jessica Banker
The logan series is a wonderful drama series by vc andrews. she knows how to twist a tail of deception lies lust love drama sadness fear and many other emotions. you will know the main character as if she was you... quite enjoyable!
Sara Hemenway
This was one of the first contemporary romance novels that I read. I still have strong memories of it, despite the fact that it is a sad story, or perhaps because of it. I didn't love it, but I remember it.
Teighlor
Mar 12, 2009 Teighlor is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Its very interesting I just dont get how she lost her memory.I think that its sad that Robert died because they were in love and that might be her only love.I guess i'll have to wait an see what happens
Monica
Good old V.C. Andrews. Another classic. Scandal, intrigue, forbidden love.... It has it all. This one also has the ocean, sign language, mental hospital, death and so much more. Good summer read.
Lauren
While it was nice to hear the story of what really happened to Laura Logan. I found this to be an unfulfilling read. It didn't have much holding the beginning and the end together.
  • Party Line
  • When the Wind Blows
  • Die Softly
  • Prom Dress
  • The First Scream (Fear Park, #1)
  • Looking for Cassandra Jane
  • Don't Close Your Eyes
  • The Stalker
  • Vanished
  • Wait Until Dark
  • Claudia and the Genius of Elm Street (The Baby-Sitters Club, #49)
  • Love, Lies, and Jessica Wakefield (Sweet Valley University, #2)
Books published under the following names - Virginia Andrews, V. Andrews, Virginia C. Andrews & V.C. Endrius. Books since her death ghost written by Andrew Neiderman, but still attributed to the V.C. Andrews name

Virginia Cleo Andrews (born Cleo Virginia Andrews) was born June 6, 1923 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The youngest child and the only daughter of William Henry Andrews, a career navy man w...more
More about V.C. Andrews...
Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger, #1) Petals on the Wind (Dollanganger, #2) If There Be Thorns (Dollanganger, #3) Seeds of Yesterday (Dollanganger, #4) Garden of Shadows (Dollanganger, #5)

“A flower blooms best in a happy pot.” 21 likes