Start by marking “You Only Love Twice ” as Want to Read:
You Only Love Twice

You Only Love Twice

Comic-book heroine Angelina Avenger battles dastardly criminals and alien invasions. But her creator Marlie Montague's life isn't as exciting...until Marlie opens the front door and finds the business end of a pistol pointed right at her. Her plan: to channel Angelina fast! Recruiting her new next-door neighbor, who looks like a rock-hard action hero, couldn't hurt either. ...more
Published December 21st 2008 (first published March 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about You Only Love Twice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Only Love Twice

Susan
Fun book. Marlie writes comic books for a living. She's pretty much a loner, living in her own world, until a knock on the door has her facing an assassin. She manages to escape, then goes for help to her next door neighbor. He just happens to be an ex-SEAL who is an NCIS agent assigned to watch her. Suddenly there's more at stake than just watching over her, and it's up to them to find out who wants to kill her and why.

Marlie is an interesting character. She keeps to herself and doesn't have a
Carol
Nov 30, 2011 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A handsome hero and a spunky heroine involved in a top secret mystery that manages to find a happy ending and sprinkles some humor into the plot along the way.
Carole
Oct 21, 2011 Carole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
Kind of on the fluffy side, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I loved the interaction between Marlie & Joel. And Joel? Yummy.
Julie Barrett
Jun 11, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You Only Love Twice by Lori Wilde
ISBN: 9780446555333
Marlie Montague is a comic strip writer and she hurries to freshen up before opening the door to her new next door male neighbor. Her alter ego was carrying on a conversation with her as to whether or not to answer the door.
Problem is she trips over the bowling ball and by the time she answer it's the UPS man but he's got a semi automatic gun in his hands.
MCIS Special agent Joel Hunter was attempting to borrow some shampoo but she never answe
Rebecca
Jul 21, 2011 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can also read this review at Reflections on Reading Romance

This is a cute contemporary romance about shy comic book artist and conspiracy theorist Marlie Montague, whose father was a Navy whistleblower and died under suspicious circumstances. Marlie manages to hit the mark on an unknown conspiracy in one of her comic books, and as a result she’s being watched by former Navy SEAL Joel J. Hunter. Little does she realize that Joel was her childhood crush and son of the man who shot her father.
Jessica
This book was a fair read. Nothing particularly amazing about it. Fair story, fair pace, fair writing, fair ending.
I will say that I did like the way the author had the heroine constantly talking to herself/comic character. It was fun and interesting. Though the reference to how the character came to be and why she clung to her was just a bit...I can't think of how to explain my problem with it. I guess it was just a too-simple, already obvious, psycho-analysis of the heroine. I mean, duh. It wa
Ajoque
Oct 01, 2009 Ajoque rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one. An almost perfect romance/suspense novel. I loved how she had all the different kinds of relationship in there; mother/daughter, boyfriend/girlfriend, father/son, enemies/friends... The main story was also brilliant and well developed. The only thing that annoyed me was all the mushy-gushy, lovey-dovey talk. She spent way too many pages and chapters regurgitating the same feelings over and over again. Almost made me throw the novel across the room, luckily the story wa ...more
Diane ~Firefly~
Jul 22, 2011 Diane ~Firefly~ rated it liked it
Marlie has retreated from life and has major trust issues. But when her life is in danger, she turns to her new neighbor, Joel, and on the run they go.

What I enjoyed:
* Marlie. When she thought she couldn't handle things her alter-ego took over but by the end she was comfortable enough in her skin to handle it all and to trust.
* Joel has his own issues and has to deal with lying to Marlie.
* I was surprised on who the bad guy was.

What could have been better:
* It wrapped up too neatly. Everybody ha
Terree
Sep 18, 2011 Terree rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was really hard to get into at the beginning... it jumped around a lot and I almost gave up on it, but about half way through it started to come together. I wish it had been longer so that there might have been more background time maybe? so that it wouldn't have been so choppy in the beginning. I liked the 2nd half and the ending... It's a little bit of suspence with a romance with a HEA... my kind of book.
Gail
Fun read. The heroine is a conspiracy-theory-believing comic book artist/ writer whose life is something of a conspiracy. The hero is an ex-Navy SEAL who now works for NCIS and has been sent to spy on the heroine. There's a lot of chasing and hiding and shooting and such. It's got a lot of humor too. I liked it a lot.
L
Sep 02, 2013 L rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book had some really good parts and some highly convoluted parts - many highly convoluted parts. The second half was better as the jumping around between players was less jarring. Light, some funny moments, a military mystery and a hot ex-navy seal... all in all not bad but not something I need on my shelf.
Taylor
Oct 27, 2016 Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book very much. It had a little of everything: humor, romance, mystery, and adventure. Marlie is an introvert and she's unsure of herself. In the end, though, she ends up being a hero! The relationship between her and Joel just works. They balance each other out and grow together. Will read again!
Amanda
Jul 14, 2011 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: standalone, romance
An unusual amount of plot for a romance novel. The idea of the main character having an inner alter ego could have been fatal to the book, but Wilde handles it so perfectly that it instead makes the story the enjoyable read that it is.
Vicki
Mar 13, 2011 Vicki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Vicki by: Renee
Despite the sexy leading man and the everyday heroine this was not as good as 'Mission: Irresistible' or 'License to Thrill' but still enjoyable. I'll be reading more of Lori Wilde's work in the future.
SweetSue
Feb 11, 2016 SweetSue rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had a really hard time getting into this one. The lead characters were just a bit too odd. There was too much going on with the dads. Other reviewers have said it gets better in the second half, but even skipping ahead to try and get to the better parts didn't work for me.
Jess
Jan 20, 2010 Jess rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like her contemporary romances better.. this felt more like a poorly done romantic suspense.
Briana
Jul 11, 2013 Briana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a decent light read but more for when you don't have anything else. It's a little cheesy but still has an okay plot. Good for light entertainment
Joanne
Jul 21, 2011 Joanne rated it really liked it
Shelves: lori-wilde
I found some parts eye rolling, but on the whole I enjoyed the book.
Maureen Hubley
May 24, 2014 Maureen Hubley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Very creative.
Bernie
Jan 19, 2017 Bernie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You Only Love Twice is a fast-paced romantic suspense book written by author Lori Wilde.
Teresa
Jan 26, 2009 Teresa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2006
cute
Josi
Dec 08, 2015 Josi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun book. It was full-on right from the start. Lots of action and humor. I enjoy Lori's books and had thought I read them all but must have missed this one.
Diane
Jul 21, 2011 Diane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, contemporary
another good read by this author
Sandra
Nov 20, 2013 Sandra rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too much conspiracy, not enough humor.
Deb
Sep 06, 2013 Deb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, library-book
The comic geek in me loves any story where a conspiracy comic book creator gets such into a flight for her life with a hot Navy Seal.
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2013
Cheryl Shouse
Cheryl Shouse rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2009
Guna
Guna rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2015
Al_Lina
Al_Lina rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2013
Bookgyrl J (Janet)
Bookgyrl J (Janet) rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Bound by Dreams (Draycott Abbey #9)
  • Sand, Sun... Seduction!
  • Should've Been a Cowboy (Sons of Chance, #4)
  • Sex Appeal (Heat, #1)
  • Never Look Back (Look Trilogy, #2)
  • Nowhere to Run: Not Without Risk / A Man to Die For
  • An Offer He Can't Refuse (The Wisegirls, #1)
  • GI Cowboy (Daddy Corps, #1)
  • Take Me Tonight (Bullet Catcher, #3)
  • Wild Jinx (Jinx, #3; Cajun, #7)
  • Lie to Me
  • Heartstrings and Diamond Rings (Playboys, #4)
  • No Woman Left Behind (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #6)
  • A Soldier's Secret (The Women of Brambleberry House,#3)
  • Mad about Mia
  • Somebody Like You (Maverick Junction, #1)
  • Yo Yo Love
Lori Wilde can’t remember a time when she didn’t want to write. She even went to nursing school so she could have a schedule flexible enough to allow her to write on the side. She nursed for 20 years, working in a variety of settings from the newborn nursery to the recovery room, to dialysis. But she never lost her desire to write.

She sold her first book in 1994 to Silhouette Romance but later dis