Original Sin

Original Sin

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  404 ratings  ·  24 reviews
662 pages
Published (first published June 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Original Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Original Sin

Vanessa Wester
I can't believe I started reading this book in April & I have only just finished it!

The reason is that this is a long book (662 pages) and it read like the Dynasty/ Dallas TV series. Like with a TV series, I could read a chapter here and there and not lose the essence of the story. I knew I would eventually read the book, but the first half did not compel me to read quickly. The second half was another story...

I have to admit this is the second book I have read by this author and I find her...more
Tara
I tend to not buy chick-lit romance style novels. I will borrow them from the local library or friends but, for the most part, they do not hold my attentions long enough to warrant a buy. I just got rid of a whole bunch of one-time reads from my collection.

This particular book is on loan from my sister and so far seems to be one of the very few soft lit books that grab my attention. The first thing that I find encouraging is that the chapters are mostly short. This type of book is a classic bed...more
Sam Still Reading
Aug 04, 2012 Sam Still Reading rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of well written chick lit
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: from the $5 bookshop
Sometimes you just need a fun book. A book that will take you on a journey that doesn’t require too much on your behalf, yet is fun and entertaining. Recently stricken by a cold, I picked up this book to read (its weight was about my limit at the time). It’s what some may term a ‘bonkbuster’ – yes, there’s sex, but not as much as the Fifty Shades series and not requiring cable ties. There’s also glamour, fashion, beauty, intrigue and a lot of emotions (plotting, planning and parading). There’s a...more
Alice Oakley
The first book I've read by Tasmina Perry, and it was a big stonking bonkbuster. I thought the length was going to put me off a little, but it was quite a page turner so it didn't in the end! Brooke Asgill is about to marry into an incredibly wealthy family; the Asgills run a cosmetics company that is going down the pan a bit, so Brooke's marriage is necessary to sort their business and lives out. Brooke's mother Meredith is determined that nothing will get in the way of the wedding, but the fam...more
Emma
Stunning Brooke Asgill is about to marry into one of the richest and most powerful families in the Unites States, and matriarch Meredith Asgill is determined that her daughter will walk down the aisle at whatever cost.But the Asgill-s are not all they seem and their past is riddled with secrets, lies and tragedy. Enter Tess Garret, a renowned publicist hired to keep the Asgill family ghosts well and truly locked away, at least until the big day is over.From Manhattan's exclusive upper east side...more
Roxy
Sallyann Van leeuwen
I listened to an audio version of this book travelling to and fro. It was a good holiday 'read', lots of drama and issues for the character Tess, the publicist to qwell as part of her job. However, some storylines began with some great potential, then petered away to nothing, and by the time we got to the finale, I wasn't surprised or really interested. What was with the storyline of the kid and his dad in neighbourhood - no value-add there. The character Paula began with promise, then fizzled.....more
Rachel
I really liked this book. Sometimes when you read these chick lit by the pool books you can tell how its gonna end. I'm notorious for skipping pages and reading bits out of context and even having done that I still didn't pick the end!

The characters are extremely likable and I can't help but want to see Tess and Sean with their own book or another book soley on Brooke

Some parts were a little rushed while others didn't really need to be there at all, (what was the point of Paula really?) But on t...more
Anne
Tasmina Perry's books have become a holiday tradition for me, I've now read them all whilst laying in the sun by the pool with a glass of something cool by my side.

Perfect holiday reading - full of glamour, sex, sin and nonsense really - but oh such fun!

A cast of characters that range from the perfectly beautiful to the perfectly evil - some sex scenes to make your eyes water, a reasonable plot - easy to follow and enjoyable.

Not my favourite of hers by any means but still a great beach read.
Bettina
Took me about 100 pages to really get into this book. Didn't think I'd like it as much as her others, but the more I read, the more I couldn't put it down. A good read with a bit of mystery involved and a couple of shock endings that I didn't see coming. Tess was my favourite character in this book, and she managed to keep everyone sane.
Alyssa
light enjoyable read, it took till the the last quarter of the book for stuff to happen and for it to get interesting. The characters were all likeable if not a bit predictable. Not sure if I would recommend though. But if you plan to read it then do if you want something easy to sink into.
Anie
Its a lovely read, the characters are woven fantastically into the plot, with some intrigue and suspense. Crisp writing with some obvious situations,a book led by a strong mother and her clan.I enjoyed the book and read it in a whole sitting.

Worth a read for dull days and travel.
Randi
Story was interesting but I just couldn't get over the British English. For a story set in New York, there was clearly no attempt to make the author's voice authentic. Even the New Yorkers used British slang and I just felt irritated by it.
Anne
A chick-lit book all about wealth, glamour, power and beauty. It was a quick read thankfully being 600+ pages. The plot was weak,read it if you want something light ,there is enough drama to keep you flipping thru the pages!
Karina
This book was amazing! all the drama especially at the end of the book I would have never guessed ! A fun read, it was funny, with a lot of romance and a great novel to read
Theresa
This is one of my favourites, another great story unfolds and all comes together as the book goes through. Each book is as good as the next. Never disappointed.
Daffy
I enjoyed this, it's great fun, with beautiful and sexy characters (male and female) and settings to make the reader sigh. Just a little on the long side.
The Twins
Drama, sex and intrigue what more do you want as an easy holiday read!Takes you into a very glamouros different social world for a little while...
Melissa
i really enjoyed this book never have read one of this author how ever will now look out for her others.
Bobo :)
Thought this book would be full of scandals but it just didn't live up to my expectations.
Katherine Bown
Easy to read and perfect for lying in a beach and escaping! All her books are great chicklit!
Heather
A bit raunchy for my taste, but it has a great storyline that keeps you wanting more!
Phoe
An odd sort of chick lit/fashionista/murder mystery but impossible to put down.
Caroline Montague
Another bonk buster from Tasmina. Was an easy read and most enjoyable.
Wendy Rahtz
Wendy Rahtz marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
  • An Eligible Bachelor
  • The Decision
  • Kiss and Tell
  • Over You
"Tasmina Perry left a career in law for the more glamorous world of women’s magazine journalism.

She has written on celebrity and style for many national magazines including Marie−Claire‚ Glamour and Heat and was most recently Deputy Editor of InStyle magazine. She has also found time to launch her own travel and fashion magazine Jaunt. All of her four novels have been Sunday Times best-sellers and...more
More about Tasmina Perry...
Kiss Heaven Goodbye Gold Diggers Daddy's Girls Private Lives Guilty Pleasures