Start by marking “Original Sin” as Want to Read:
Original Sin

Original Sin

Get inside the glamour with Tasmina Perry!
Published June 1st 2009 (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Original Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Original Sin

Sam Still Reading
Apr 16, 2012 Sam Still Reading rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of well written chick lit
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: from the $5 bookshop
Sometimes you just need a fun book. A book that will take you on a journey that doesn’t require too much on your behalf, yet is fun and entertaining. Recently stricken by a cold, I picked up this book to read (its weight was about my limit at the time). It’s what some may term a ‘bonkbuster’ – yes, there’s sex, but not as much as the Fifty Shades series and not requiring cable ties. There’s also glamour, fashion, beauty, intrigue and a lot of emotions (plotting, planning and parading). There’s a ...more
Jo
Sep 22, 2016 Jo rated it liked it
I quite enjoyed this for some lighter relief
Best Crime Books & More
Nov 03, 2015 Best Crime Books & More rated it it was amazing
In her fourth book we delve into the present and past of the Asgill family. They own an International cosmetics company and Meredith Asgill the mother is determined to keep her children's profiles as squeaky clean as possible. She meets Tess and Jemma who are publicists based in London who are ready to run a sensational story on the Asgill's. Instead of running the story Meredith offers Tess the opportunity of a lifetime which is how Tess ends up working alongside this wealthy and powerful famil ...more
Vanessa Wester
Apr 25, 2014 Vanessa Wester rated it really liked it
I can't believe I started reading this book in April & I have only just finished it!

The reason is that this is a long book (662 pages) and it read like the Dynasty/ Dallas TV series. Like with a TV series, I could read a chapter here and there and not lose the essence of the story. I knew I would eventually read the book, but the first half did not compel me to read quickly. The second half was another story...

I have to admit this is the second book I have read by this author and I find her
Tara
Jan 05, 2012 Tara rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I tend to not buy chick-lit romance style novels. I will borrow them from the local library or friends but, for the most part, they do not hold my attentions long enough to warrant a buy. I just got rid of a whole bunch of one-time reads from my collection.

This particular book is on loan from my sister and so far seems to be one of the very few soft lit books that grab my attention. The first thing that I find encouraging is that the chapters are mostly short. This type of book is a classic bed
Alice Chamberlain
Jun 08, 2013 Alice Chamberlain rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
The first book I've read by Tasmina Perry, and it was a big stonking bonkbuster. I thought the length was going to put me off a little, but it was quite a page turner so it didn't in the end! Brooke Asgill is about to marry into an incredibly wealthy family; the Asgills run a cosmetics company that is going down the pan a bit, so Brooke's marriage is necessary to sort their business and lives out. Brooke's mother Meredith is determined that nothing will get in the way of the wedding, but the fam ...more
Emma
Aug 13, 2011 Emma rated it it was amazing
Stunning Brooke Asgill is about to marry into one of the richest and most powerful families in the Unites States, and matriarch Meredith Asgill is determined that her daughter will walk down the aisle at whatever cost.But the Asgill-s are not all they seem and their past is riddled with secrets, lies and tragedy. Enter Tess Garret, a renowned publicist hired to keep the Asgill family ghosts well and truly locked away, at least until the big day is over.From Manhattan's exclusive upper east side ...more
Shannen
Feb 19, 2013 Shannen rated it liked it
Shelves: re-read-2016
Sallyann Van leeuwen
Dec 12, 2012 Sallyann Van leeuwen rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
I listened to an audio version of this book travelling to and fro. It was a good holiday 'read', lots of drama and issues for the character Tess, the publicist to qwell as part of her job. However, some storylines began with some great potential, then petered away to nothing, and by the time we got to the finale, I wasn't surprised or really interested. What was with the storyline of the kid and his dad in neighbourhood - no value-add there. The character Paula began with promise, then fizzled.. ...more
Anne
Oct 04, 2010 Anne rated it liked it
Tasmina Perry's books have become a holiday tradition for me, I've now read them all whilst laying in the sun by the pool with a glass of something cool by my side.

Perfect holiday reading - full of glamour, sex, sin and nonsense really - but oh such fun!

A cast of characters that range from the perfectly beautiful to the perfectly evil - some sex scenes to make your eyes water, a reasonable plot - easy to follow and enjoyable.

Not my favourite of hers by any means but still a great beach read.
Rachel
Aug 13, 2011 Rachel rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. Sometimes when you read these chick lit by the pool books you can tell how its gonna end. I'm notorious for skipping pages and reading bits out of context and even having done that I still didn't pick the end!

The characters are extremely likable and I can't help but want to see Tess and Sean with their own book or another book soley on Brooke

Some parts were a little rushed while others didn't really need to be there at all, (what was the point of Paula really?) But on t
Amy
Dec 02, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it
Another thoroughly enjoyable romp from Tasmina Perry. Tess, Brooke, and even Liz were characters to root for, and even though I would have rather the ending went a little differently, I think it was the right one for the characters.

I was also really pleased that Ms Perry didn't go down the obvious route with one particular romantic relationship - it felt obvious from the start what would happen, but I was wrong and pleased about it.

Only one thing - what happened to Charles Devine?
Bettina
Mar 12, 2012 Bettina rated it really liked it
Took me about 100 pages to really get into this book. Didn't think I'd like it as much as her others, but the more I read, the more I couldn't put it down. A good read with a bit of mystery involved and a couple of shock endings that I didn't see coming. Tess was my favourite character in this book, and she managed to keep everyone sane.
Michelle Tissong
Feb 15, 2015 Michelle Tissong rated it really liked it
Besides the glaring editorial failures, I enjoyed reading this book. There was some awesome family drama (the joys of reading, you get to be in someone else's drama for a change :-》), a playboy, a woman we all aspire (in part) to be, love, sex and even a murder mystery. Fun, easy (long) read. I am going to miss Tess Garret, she could end up with it all.
Randi
Mar 24, 2014 Randi rated it it was ok
Story was interesting but I just couldn't get over the British English. For a story set in New York, there was clearly no attempt to make the author's voice authentic. Even the New Yorkers used British slang and I just felt irritated by it.
Anne
May 09, 2013 Anne rated it it was ok
A chick-lit book all about wealth, glamour, power and beauty. It was a quick read thankfully being 600+ pages. The plot was weak,read it if you want something light ,there is enough drama to keep you flipping thru the pages!
Anie
Apr 05, 2013 Anie rated it really liked it
Its a lovely read, the characters are woven fantastically into the plot, with some intrigue and suspense. Crisp writing with some obvious situations,a book led by a strong mother and her clan.I enjoyed the book and read it in a whole sitting.

Worth a read for dull days and travel.
Alyssa
Apr 19, 2012 Alyssa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
light enjoyable read, it took till the the last quarter of the book for stuff to happen and for it to get interesting. The characters were all likeable if not a bit predictable. Not sure if I would recommend though. But if you plan to read it then do if you want something easy to sink into.
The Twins
Jul 11, 2011 The Twins rated it really liked it
Drama, sex and intrigue what more do you want as an easy holiday read!Takes you into a very glamouros different social world for a little while...
Theresa
Apr 14, 2013 Theresa rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favourites, another great story unfolds and all comes together as the book goes through. Each book is as good as the next. Never disappointed.
Fazilah Tawasil
Dec 11, 2014 Fazilah Tawasil rated it it was amazing
the only thing I regret was why I didnt read it sooner. bought it then left at my shelf. decide to pick up cause I have to watch my grandma and thought way to not getting bored
Melissa
Jan 03, 2011 Melissa rated it really liked it
i really enjoyed this book never have read one of this author how ever will now look out for her others.
Charlene Abdilla Muscat
Jun 14, 2016 Charlene Abdilla Muscat rated it really liked it
It kinda took long to start and had to remember who is who as there's a lot of characters. But once I read more it got me hooked.
Daffy
May 07, 2010 Daffy rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I enjoyed this, it's great fun, with beautiful and sexy characters (male and female) and settings to make the reader sigh. Just a little on the long side.
Karina
Jul 04, 2012 Karina rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! all the drama especially at the end of the book I would have never guessed ! A fun read, it was funny, with a lot of romance and a great novel to read
Clare Docherty
Clare Docherty rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2012
Sofia
Sofia rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2012
Sally Coles
Sally Coles rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2014
Deeds
Deeds rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2010
Kara Dickinson
Kara Dickinson rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2012
  • Hollywood Sinners
  • Beautiful Creatures
  • Between Males
  • The Paper Marriage
"Tasmina Perry left a career in law for the more glamorous world of women’s magazine journalism.

She has written on celebrity and style for many national magazines including Marie−Claire‚ Glamour and Heat and was most recently Deputy Editor of InStyle magazine. She has also found time to launch her own travel and fashion magazine Jaunt. All of her four novels have been Sunday Times best-sellers and
More about Tasmina Perry...