Start by marking “Thorn's Challenge (The Westmorelands, #3)” as Want to Read:
Thorn's Challenge (The Westmorelands, #3)

Thorn's Challenge (The Westmorelands #3)

4.49  ·  Rating Details ·  1,818 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
Thorn Westmoreland was not enough to convince Tara Matthews to risk her heart in love again...or was it? The beautiful pediatrician and the hard-riding motorcycle tycoon mixed like oil and water. Why, then, couldn't Tara burn the sexy racer from her head or the memory of his passionate caresses from her body? Thorn had wanted Tara since the day they'd met. He'd planned to ...more
Published December 13th 2005 by Harlequin Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Thorn's Challenge, please sign up.

Reckless Endangerment by Amber Lea EastonFalling into Place by Brandy L. RiversDog Days of Summer by P.J. FialaAnonymity by Amber Lea EastonWallbanger by Alice Clayton
Best Romance/Erotica for 30+
91st out of 368 books — 187 voters
Until November by Aurora Rose ReynoldsUntil Nico by Aurora Rose ReynoldsTall, Tatted and Tempting by Tammy FalknerUntil Lilly by Aurora Rose ReynoldsFriend-Zoned by Belle Aurora
best brotherhood
174th out of 280 books — 156 voters

More lists with this book...

Jul 18, 2007 Shawnette rated it it was amazing
He Can Challenge Me Anytime... about HOT, HOT, HOT...who knew the Westmoreland boys were so tempting. This is the first Westmoreland novel I've read and you can bet, I'll be searching for the rest. I couldn't put it down 'til I was done! Tara and Thorn definitely had their hands full with one another, each one fighting the temptation or love for 2 years, I couldn't imagine! I thoroughly enjoyed the teasing of the brothers. The way they wanted to protect Tara's honor, if Thorn only want
Kaycee Sapinoso
OH.EMM.GEE. I can't stress enough how much I loved this book. It was soooooo good that I don't want it to end. I am completely, utterly captivated, and totally sucked in by this story. This book definitely earned it's space in my favorite-book and re-read bookshelves. Tara and Thorn were such a perfect couple. I absolutely loved them both!

Dr. Tara Matthews hated weddings. But can't say no to the Westmorelands since they had become the closest thing to a family since her fiancee jilted her at th
Rebeca Martinez
Sep 30, 2015 Rebeca Martinez rated it it was amazing
Thorns challenge gripped me from the first page to the last. I was rooting for both Thorn and Tara from the first Westmoreland book and was so excited I didn't have to read through many of the Westmoreland novels before I got to there love story.

I began reading this book with high expectation and I am so glad and relived that I was not disappointed. Thorns moodiness was just a turn on from the jump and his scenes with Tara just oozed with sexual tension that jumped at me from the pages of this
Tiffany Parker
Jul 05, 2010 Tiffany Parker rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite BJ books. Thorn and Tara were both pretty pig headed when it came to relationships and I loved how they were both fighting a loosing battle. The attraction was just too strong. I also loved BJ's description with the motorcycle scenes. One of them took me back to a time when my hubby and I first started riding. I'd love to read more on Thorn and Tara.
Jul 26, 2014 Dorel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved everything about this book. I really loved Tara & Thorn's chemistry & the dialogue between the brothers. This book is worth buying you won't be disappointed.
Felicia Gary
Feb 12, 2009 Felicia Gary rated it it was amazing
Mrs. Jackson delivers again in the story of the Westmoreland clan. Another book for the bedside table ladies and you won't regret it. :)
May 01, 2010 Angelia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
Great book, loved it will always be a favorite..
Joyce Freeman
Apr 30, 2015 Joyce Freeman rated it it was amazing
Another great book of the Westmoreland series. I enjoy the book from beginning to end, it was definitely a page turner. This book series makes me want to have a man like these Westmoreland men. I love the description of how strong willed Thorn was, and his determination not to reveal His love and passion for her. It was really put Q IR that both of them didn't want to reveal how strong their feelings were for each other, for fear of being hurt. in the end true love did prevail. I do recommend th ...more
S. Spencer
More Westmoreland men
Sep 22, 2010 Xee rated it it was amazing
another great book
Aug 27, 2011 Arlena rated it it was amazing
Lady Raven RAVE!
as I TRY TO EXPLAIN HOW GOOD THIS BOOK IS i can't form into words what i'm feeling i can't express it either i mean i'm just speechless YOU would have to go and buy it and read it, their chemistry is so intense from the first and second book in the series of the westmoreland family that its amazing, the build up of both delaney's best friend and delaney's brother is like WOW!!! the part about the birth control i mean save sex everyone but that was the sweetest reason to ask that of her and the e ...more
Oct 13, 2014 Lynetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What's not to like

This is the heart of romance. what's not to like iother than the fact that good things come to an end. This is Thorn Westmorelands' and Tara Matthews' story. It is fire and desire. It reminds us of our own vulnerabilities and the distance we go to protect our hearts, our souls. Sometimes the best things in life come with risk. Thorn and Tara are worth the time.
Feb 12, 2014 Connie rated it really liked it
In the beginning, the story was a little slow-moving but by the middle, Thorn's character was putting the moves on Tara. I was so glad that Derrick, the guy who dumped Tara at their wedding, in front of the whole town, got to see her with a famous, hot guy like Thorn who treated Tara with the respect she deserved! Nicely Done!
Thorn and Tara

Thorn and Tara are beautiful. The spunk from Tara was lovely. Thorn and his moody ways were comical. The blending of the two was a beautiful match. Brenda Jackson did a wonderful job again. I would highly recommend this book.
Arlene Wilson
Oct 10, 2015 Arlene Wilson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
His woman

I read this book three times and it's always like the first time "
Ms Brenda you done it again and I always thank god for you Cus I'm blessed to have you as an author.
Mar 14, 2016 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is one of my favorite Brenda Jackson books. Thorn is one of the best alpha men ever. Tara can hold her own. I recommend this book to escape reality.
Arnissa Burnett
Apr 08, 2015 Arnissa Burnett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great Westmoreland story.

Simply breath taking. I couldn't put this book down. Awesome, fiery, and had me on edge. Can't wait to read the next one.
Taz Will
Jun 04, 2014 Taz Will rated it it was amazing
Thorn was just right in this one. I loved how aggressive he was and how Tara gave it back to him just as good as he gave it to her. THis is most defiantly in my top three.
May 16, 2016 GuisBell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bueno
Thorn y Tara tenían muchos miedos por sus experiencias pasadas pero lograron superarlos. Lo que más me encantó fue la manera de declarase de Thorn tan lindo :3
Jul 06, 2012 Livia rated it it was amazing
With every story it is becoming increasingly clear that the Westmoreland men are very addictive. In THORN'S CHALLENGE, readers meet two characters from a previous book, Delaney's Desert Sheikh (Westmoreland Bk #1), Thorn Westmoreland and Tara Matthews. The confrontation between these two is priceless and brings to surface an instant attraction.

From the beginning readers discover that Tara is indeed Thorn's Challenge and conquering his challenge will be difficult. Tara Matthews is not willing to
Feb 14, 2014 Niki rated it really liked it
I loved it! Thorn Westmoreland is the surliest of the boys but he finally realized true love when he saw it!
Didn't really like this book. An intelligent independent 27 year old doctor decides to give up her virginity in order to convince a man to pose for a photo shoot. That doctor was previously engaged yet was as pure and inexperienced as Bella in Twilight! It was just unreal. The love scenes felt like a repeat of the same thing. Even the Happily Ever After was so perfect it didn't feel real either.

The narration was just ok. Ms. Vaughn sounded too old for the main character and her male voices need
Leonella Navas
Jan 09, 2016 Leonella Navas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
excelente serie
Jennifer Schultheis
Nov 01, 2014 Jennifer Schultheis rated it it was amazing
Brenda Jackson is a genius when it comes to creating amazing characters and intriguing storylines. This is one book that I didn't want to put down. This book has it all, humor, sexual tension, hot sex, but most of all, it also tells a story of two characters who are meant to challenge each other and engage in a deep, honest type of love, that other people only dream about finding. Brenda Jackson is a must read author and everyone needs to check her books out.
Oct 06, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Another awesome read in the Westmoreland series. The rough and tough Thorn Westmoreland met his match when he met Delaney's new friend, Tara Mathews who is also as rough and tough as he. Both tried for two years to ignore the inevitable...true love the Westmoreland style. When these two heads butt, sparks began flying and the challenge of seduction takes center stage, only to end in eternal bliss!!!!!
May 21, 2016 Ariana rated it it was amazing
Are any of these men real? Where can I find one?
Aug 31, 2015 Tigger rated it really liked it
I should stop playing and rate all of Brenda's books with 5 stars!

I am re-reading all of the Westmoreland series getting ready for Bane, yes I know Bailey is coming first, but I have waited for Bane story for YEARS!

I have this book with the original cover.

Second time reading it

and it was really good!

Now I have the book with this cover!
Erica Shackelford
Jan 10, 2014 Erica Shackelford rated it it was amazing
This was one of the first books I ready by Brenda Jackson. I truly enjoyed it and I re - read the book once a year!
  • Dreaming of You (Graysons of New Mexico, #3)
  • Very Private Duty
  • Sinful Chocolate
  • A Legal Affair
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

The Westmorelands (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands, #1)
  • A Little Dare (The Westmorelands, #2)
  • Stone Cold Surrender (The Westmorelands, #4)
  • Riding The Storm (The Westmorelands, #5)
  • Jared's Counterfeit Fiancee (The Westmorelands, #6)
  • The Chase Is On (The Westmorelands, #7)
  • The Durango Affair (The Westmorelands, #8)
  • Ian's Ultimate Gamble (The Westmorelands, #9)
  • Seduction, Westmoreland Style (The Westmorelands, #10)
  • Spencer's Forbidden Passion (The Westmorelands, #11)