Start by marking “Cheesecake and Teardrops” as Want to Read:
Cheesecake and Teardrops
Preview

Cheesecake and Teardrops

3.22 of 5 stars 3.22  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  4 reviews
As three best friends deal with issues of race, relationships, and body image, each learns that as bittersweet as life may be, it can be just as beautiful.
Published August 1st 2009 by Urban (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Cheesecake and Teardrops, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cheesecake and Teardrops

Desiree Watson
Charisma, Tangie and Heather have been friends since college. Charisma is good friends with Dex but she doesn't want to make a commitment to him. Tangie is dating Blade who is a good for nothing liar and cheat. Heather is a beautiful plus-sized woman who is taking weight loss pills to lose weight.

Charisma has been passed over for every promotion she has went for. The promotions have been given to Chase, the company slut who is a white girl. When Nate, the new boss comes in, he and Charisma have
Latisha
It was kind of hard in the beginning for me to get into the book. But, once I got started, I couldn't stop read. Its good to see women sharing sisterhood and being able to accept each other for who they are, as well as, being there for one another. Like how Tangie and Heather was there for Charisma when her father died. In addition, I really admire the strengthen and strong-will of Charisma for accepting an outside child that her husband made by another woman and willing to raise it as her own. ...more
Dave B.
I wasn't to happy with this book. There was very little plot or character development. I hoped that there was and epiphany moment associated with there toast "behind every good woman is herself" but I didn't get much as the reader. A lot of pages (631) but very little substance.
Joi
This book was good. It did not take me a long time to read because it had me from the very beginning.
Loisa
Loisa added it
Apr 15, 2015
Shon Lee
Shon Lee marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Sam
Sam added it
Sep 06, 2014
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Saryna
Saryna marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Dallison
Dallison marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Karen Reynolds
Karen Reynolds marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Tru Essync
Tru Essync marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Jah
Jah marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2013
Shauna
Shauna marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2013
Yvonneellis
Yvonneellis marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2013
Phyllis
Phyllis marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2012
Ashley
Ashley added it
Nov 12, 2012
K.w. Stephens
K.w. Stephens marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2012
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2012
In Her Mother's Shadow cheesecake and teardrops Red-Hot Pepper Mothers and Midwives: The Ethical Journey