The Metabolism Miracle

The Metabolism Miracle

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  144 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Over the last twenty years, registered dietitian and obesity specialist Diane Kress has helped thousands control their weight, but her long-term analysis revealed that forty-five percent of her patients struggled to lose weight, no matter their level of commitment. Kress uncovered a link between these patients- medical histories, lab work, and symptoms. Combining this insi...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published December 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Metabolism Miracle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Metabolism Miracle

Shandra
Diet Update 8/15/11: I've weighed myself after dieting two months, two weeks of which have been on the Miracle Diet. I lost a total of 14 initial pounds. To accurately judge this diet's efficacy vs my regular low carb diet, I weighed myself again two weeks later. It seems Kress' Miracle Diet left me with a 2.5 lbs lost per week versus 1.5 lbs per week on my standard diet (e.g. Weight Watcher's). That's a significant difference! It will be interesting to see what my next cholesterol count will be...more
Pam
Excellent book for anyone looking for a low carb way of eating. Diane Kress is a nutrionist who specializes in insulin resistance and the affects on what she terms Metabolism B (people who are carb sensitive and will lose weight and inches by eating accordingly). She is extremely supportive and will answer emails or questions from her website for anyone on the diet who has questions or ongoing issues. The "miracle" is that this is a totally doable program that leaves you feeling great with lots...more
Jaylin
There are parts of this book that I can incorporate into my life because I am definitely a Metabolism B but there are parts that I completely don't agree with. That she advises the use of splenda and processed food so much; not healthy at all.
Andrea
This book saved my life.

It really is a miracle for me. After years of battling insulin resistance and PCOS, and eating healthy, exercising, and STILL gaining weight... there is finally an answer for me. I've been doing the Metabolism Miracle program for almost a year now and I feel better than I have in years, look great, I've lost 50 pounds, and my cholesterol and triglycerides are better than they have been in over 15 years. I highly recommend this book for anyone with insulin resistance and/o...more
Amanda
First, I want to clarify that I am reviewing the BOOK, not the diet itself. Since I am only on my third week of step one, I can't give a fair review of the whole program. I am only reviewing the book.

My knowledge of biology/anatomy/etc. is only at the high school level. (In other words, I did not major in any of those fields in college.) So, I can't say for sure that this is based on 100% sound science, but it does seem to make sense to me. I have the majority of the Metabolism B symptoms (my mo...more
Justin Tapp
The Metabolism Miracle: 3 Easy Steps to Regain Control of Your Weight . . . Permanently is another book repackaging old information and bad statistics as a "miracle." I automatically have a bias against any book selling a "miracle" because the author doesn't know how miracle is really defined.

I'll start with some advice, instead of buying this book just jump to Phase 3: Find an online calculator to help you figure out your macronutrient balance with 30-35% of your calories coming from carbs. Wor...more
Jeannette
The book is well written with a lot of valuable information. I am only just beginning week 2 of Step 1, so I can't report on the effectiveness of the plan. However, I am feeling better, having less digestive problems and not feeling hungry.
Aili
After reading "Why We Get Fat..," I was looking for a diet plan to go along with my new knowledge. This one has been great! I'm on week 3, and feeling fantastic!
Ryan
Read, and do it. You will see the result..:)
Theresa Stevens
Well it definitely a 'how to do' book, explaining that with 'metabolism B' your body responds differently to what, how and when you eat food.
Life events can be considered the culprit of whether you are overweight or not... I can vouch that 'stress' does make you either put on or lose weight according to your emotional shovelling it in or not eating at all.
There are three steps of spring clean detox, re-introducing carbs with portion control, and maintenance by keeping the weight off.
And throu...more
Sevcheto
Jul 04, 2014 Sevcheto added it
Shelves: metabolism
4.3
Jessica Buike
This book was a very good read, but I found it to be lacking in studies that backed up the data. As someone who has struggled with losing weight, I thought this might work for me - but it didn't. It also didn't work for my husband, who is a different body type than I am. However, it worked for a friend of ours, so it might still be worth it to try if you are interested. I wasn't floored by anything in this book, but it was a decent read.
Tammi
Not a fan. This is too extreme. Not being allowed to eat any carbs over 5 grams for 8 weeks is too drastic. No fruit allowed at all. I prefer the other two books I read this week (The Insulin Resistance Diet and the Glycemic Index Load). I will try some of the recipes in this book though.
Gail
This is hubbies strategy for getting in shape. It is killing my baking .Very low carb..no wine..what has our baby boomer life come too?Okay so Kris has lost two pant sizes. I am trailing way behind because I am a carbaholic!
Tamahome

Yet another book in the low carb/high fat camp. Being sure you eat every 5 hours to keep your liver from spitting out sugar sounds like a good rule to me. :) She was on the livin la vida low carb podcast.

Kay Little
I'm giving it this high rating because the concept of this book works. I've suffered my whole life with the issues outlined in this book and feel so relieved that someone has finally figured out a solution!!
Delia
After following her advice, I realized her program was NOT for me! It's too harsh and too restrictive for those of us who are self-proclaimed carb addicts. I've moved on to another program and lost 122 lbs.
Kat
Mar 28, 2013 Kat marked it as did-not-finish
I have PCOS. And seems like I fit some of these things. But I have no interest in low carb. Been doing low calorie about two months and its working great so far for me. Lost 13+ pounds already.
Lizpeveto
Good information. Facts, not opinions, are necessary to form whether or not this can work for you. Just another method of helping people maintain a proper weight and diet for healthier living.
Konnie
The guts of this book are good. I totally relate to the metabolism B information. However, I can't eat dairy and gluten makes me poofy. So I think I will stick with a more paleo lifestyle.
Kelliec
Great book. Little different take than South Beach. I'm hoping it'll help me get back on track for a few more pounds off the middle part of my body. We'll start back on Monday!
Debby Johnson
Excellant book. A must read for anyone who has high blook pressure taking meds for cholestrol, insulin resistence. It really explains how glycose works in the body.
Sonja
Good thoughts, and I might try this diet again sometime, although I did not initially make it through the first six weeks. Interesting concept.
This book makes a lot of sense and describes me perfectly! I am going on the plan next week. I hope it works as well for me as it has for others.
Claudia
read the book. Started the diet. Have been on it for 3 weeks. Hopefully I last the 8 weeks for step 1 and then another 8 for step 2.
Terri
Best diet book ever. So much better than the South Beach diet. It has helped me tremendously!
Valerie
Jul 02, 2009 Valerie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Pudgy people who like a challenge
Recommended to Valerie by: AOL
Simple, quick read. Inspired me to try it--I'll let you know if it works!Q
Umm Roanne
Starting week 3 with 5 lb weight loss (never lost weight this quick before).
Cheryl
Full of alot of helpful information for my health situation.
The Metabolism Miracle Cookbook: 175 Delicious Meals that Can Reset Your Metabolism, Melt Away Fat, and Make You Thin and Healthy for Life The Diabetes Miracle: 3 Simple Steps to Prevent and Control Diabetes and Regain Your Health . . . Permanently Cambia tu metabolismo