Start by marking “Conflict of Interest” as Want to Read:
Conflict of Interest

Conflict of Interest (Aiden & Dawn #1)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  254 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Workaholic Detective Aiden Carlisle isn't looking for love - and certainly not at the law enforcement seminar she reluctantly agreed to attend. But their first lecturer is not at all what she expected. Psychologist Dawn Kinsley has just found her place in life. After a failed relationship with a police officer, she has sworn to herself never to get involved with another co ...more
Kindle Edition
Published by L-Book ePublisher (first published September 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Conflict of Interest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conflict of Interest

Cheri
I enjoyed this book just as much as, if not more than, I did the first time. The characters are strong yet vulnerable and Jae takes her time to develop the trust between them. Very well written. After reading her newest books right before my re-read of this one though, I think she's come a long way with more casual, natural English dialogue. Some of Conflict of Interest reads a little more formal than what one would expect. But it didn't take away from the story; just something I noticed.
Tina Taylor
I think I've hit a niche of books that I like, cop dramas. I like the story line, the interaction between the 2 characters. Both are strong women, and as with most people they have their respective baggage. Very believable story, well developed characters, the dialogue is well written, and the author keeps me interested by a suspenseful storyline, and a budding romance. Great combination for me. Can't wait to get the sequel on my kindle.
Velvet Lounger
NEW REVISED EDITION:

When a chance encounter at a law enforcement seminar brings detective Aiden Carlisle and psychologist Dawn Kinsley into contact neither have any idea of how closely linked their futures will be.

Dawn comes from a long line of Irish cops so she is well aware of the demands and pressures placed upon them, but she steers away from getting involved with any more of them. Aiden works with the Sexual Assault Detail and faces vicious crimes as part of her everyday life, but like all
Musa
I only realize the book is over 400 pages when I've finished the book. It totally didn't feel so. I like the details of this book, the evidence, investigation, the court scene and of course I love Dawn and Aiden. I like that the book started with Aiden knowing Dawn before everything happened, it paints the baseline of who Dawn is for the readers and so we can see the recovery and progress which she has made. I love Aiden for her loyalty and patience.

I'm curious if we are going to get the next bo
Rashika
loved this book, the journey of dawn after the crime towards her and healing process, (small steps). was sad and inspiring. the detective was understanding and complex. towards dawn but not herself. detectives logic regarding commitment was brilliant.
Cookie O'neill
Great story, very respectful and i can not wait to read the next one
Cheri
Yep, still very much enjoy this book.
Hazey
Another good read from Jae...
Whilst I loved her Historical Lesbian Fiction novels. I really do have a soft spot for lesbian cops with a big shiny gun! The story was good and interesting and the conflicts were both meaningful and sexy. Would love to read more of these!
Jeanne Mccann
Read in one evening, very well crafted and exciting. I went out and downloaded very book Jae has written!
U.t.A.
U.t.A. marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Kimmy
Kimmy marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Yupina
Yupina marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Yajna
Yajna marked it as to-read
Catherine Wu
Catherine Wu is currently reading it
Lisa Nelson
Lisa Nelson marked it as to-read
Miyakochan
Miyakochan marked it as to-read
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Serena
Serena added it
Dec 10, 2014
Rae
Rae marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Emogene
Emogene marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Eel
Eel marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
  • Devil's Rock
  • Snowbound
  • Deaths of Jocasta (Micky Knight, #2)
  • Parties in Congress
  • Hunter's Pursuit
  • Ambereye (Garoul, #2)
  • Wild
  • Without Warning (Shaken, #1)
  • Madam President
  • 96 Hours
  • L.A. Metro (L.A. Metro, #1)
  • Rainey Days  (Rainey Bell, #1)
  • Blessed Twice
Jae grew up amidst the vineyards of southern Germany. She spent her childhood with her nose buried in a book, earning her the nickname, “professor.” The writing bug bit her at the age of eleven. She works as a psychologist and likes to spend her time reading, cooking, and watching too many crime shows.
More about Jae...
Backwards to Oregon Something in the Wine Second Nature Hidden Truths Next of Kin