Start by marking “Amelia Bedelia and Her Wacky World” as Want to Read:
Amelia Bedelia and Her Wacky World

Amelia Bedelia and Her Wacky World (Amelia Bedelia set 6,8,9.10)

Sure to please youngsters everywhere, this set includes Amelia Bedelia and the Baby, Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping, Amelia Bedelia Helps Out and Good Work, Amelia Bedelia.
Boxed Set, 0 pages
Published August 1st 1990 by Camelot Pub. Co.

To ask other readers questions about Amelia Bedelia and Her Wacky World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amelia Bedelia and Her Wacky World

Dolly Lwin
Feb 17, 2015 Dolly Lwin rated it really liked it
Even though this is not my level, I like this book. Amelia Bedilia is always doing things in the wrong way. It's funny and enjoyable.
Suzanne
Jun 06, 2008 Suzanne rated it it was amazing
Poor Amelia Bedelia....she takes words and their meanings literally. Kids just find her misunderstandings so funny I think the series should be part of any child's library. It does introduce the theme of "misunderstanding" to children and help them realize we don't always say what we mean or mean what we say.
Mmouse
Jan 08, 2014 Mmouse rated it it was amazing
I loved the Amelia Bedilia books. I've never laughed so hard while reading a book to my daughter.

You know how when you read aloud and your eyes read ahead of what is actually coming out of your mouth, well half the time I was laughing so hard about something before I managed to read it out loud to my daughter. She kept giving me weird looks until I finally managed to read it to her.

It's been quite a few years since I've read the books but I loved every Amelia Bedilia book and plan on getting ah
Amanda Hamal
Dec 05, 2013 Amanda Hamal rated it it was amazing
Amelia Bedelia has to be one of my all time favorite characters, and this was one of the few tales of her misadventures that I had yet to discover. It did not disappoint! This story about Amelia Bedelia's wacky work was just as amusing and entertaining as the others. I laughed at practically every sentence. But it is a little different than the others in a sense that it showed a different side of Amelia Bedelia and revealed some new information for her devoted fans like me! I could read her stor ...more
Max
Oct 03, 2007 Max rated it did not like it
Shelves: advisory
This book will be funny to children. It will get a teenager on their last ****ing nerve. Amelia Bedilia is so stupid, I don't know why she hasn't been fired in every book. The author must really have been lenient, and so has the publisher. Whenever Bedilia is left to care for something, she makes SEVERAL mistakes and ends up making the mistakes a blessing or something that is good in terms of society (You should OBVIOUSLY know that YOU CAN'T DO THAT IN REAL LIFE!!!!!!!!!!). I don't like this boo ...more
V
Oct 20, 2008 V rated it it was amazing
The title says it all folks!! Amelia's world IS Wacky as hell! And this is a great story about her crazy azz baby!! Her epic camping trip of pure LOLZ! Her helping some 'old man' out, I won't mention with what, you have to put some effort in and ACTUALLY READ if you wanna know about Amelia Bedelia!! I am not here to just write all this stuff and tell you how she helps out!!! Her work is good but you have to read to find out that, you hear me? I am not your PUPPET!!!
Rosemary
Feb 13, 2008 Rosemary rated it really liked it
I just pulled out one of my daughter's Amelia Bedilia books for my granddaughter who is four. She loved it...even though she didn't get some of the references. Amelia Bedilia is a housekeeper who takes all directions she is given quite literally ( "draw the drapes")!
Jul 17, 2007 Laura rated it it was ok
Shelves: my-own-library
My little sister loved these books, but I hated them. It really bothered me that Amelia couldn't do one damn thing right, and I thought it was dumb that she was still employed. I guess I was(/am?) just an angry little person.
Bailey Jane
Nov 27, 2008 Bailey Jane rated it liked it
Recommended to Bailey Jane by: my parents
I remember reading these books as a child and was always amused by Amelia's cooky behavior. They were entertaining, but never held my attention quite like the Charlie Brown Encylopedias or books with a little more clout.
Bobby
Apr 21, 2008 Bobby rated it it was ok
Poor Amelia Bedelia, the premiere idiot savant of children's fiction.

When Get Smart's Hymie the Robot makes a mean double-layer fudge cake, you have the recipe for the most exasperating series of children's books ever read to my kindergarten class.
Brooke Hicks
Dec 06, 2014 Brooke Hicks rated it it was ok
I love these books because they are written so well and they are so catchy. This author really knows how to make her words flow together and creativity is one of her strengths I love how goofy the main character is it keeps the story alive and going.
Amy Crofts
Apr 08, 2009 Amy Crofts rated it really liked it
I can't help but love Amelia Bedelia! She has always been one of my favorite characters. I still get a kick out of the ways she misconstrues sayings.
Brett
Mar 27, 2011 Brett rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-with-cat
This was Cat's first exposure to Amelia Bedelia and she laughed out loud several times. I had to explain several of Amelia's faux pas to Cat, but neither of us minded.
Bianca
Jul 30, 2008 Bianca rated it it was amazing
I think I read almost every Amelia Bedelia book as a child. They were so funny and Amelia was always up to some crazy, misunderstanding antics!
Tiffany
Dec 04, 2007 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
I was recently reminded of this series while reading a recipe for fudge. I loooooved this series as a little girl. Totally recommend it.
Jessica
Aug 29, 2007 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Who didn't love this funny housekeeper? Amelia was always taking orders literally which would get her in to all types of messes. Plus it's fun just to say her name.
Heidi
Oct 14, 2010 Heidi rated it really liked it
We love Amelia Bedelia. She is always doing silly things because she doesn't understand things like dressing the turkey, sewing seeds, "steaking" the beans, pitching the tent, etc. etc.
Mona
Jan 06, 2011 Mona rated it it was amazing
it's very nice story any child read this story can be happy and the story from this book very nice from the picture.
Heidi (Yup. Still here.)
Apr 20, 2010 Heidi (Yup. Still here.) rated it really liked it
I loved these books when I was young. Amelia really wormed her way into my heart. I read them over and over again and still remember them to this day (many years later).
Jessica
Dec 19, 2011 Jessica rated it really liked it
These are hilarious books. It's so funny how easy Amelia gets confused. These would be great books to read to students before lunch or as a transition to a different subject.
Jaime Contreras
Jul 24, 2011 Jaime Contreras rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
I think that this is the funniest of the series. AB gives new meaning to communing with nature and she goes on a camping trip. This was a hilarious reading experience for all.
mitzi
Aug 08, 2008 mitzi rated it really liked it
I grew up on good ol' Amelia, it's so great to have these books available for my daughter to read. We love how crazy she is!
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2011
Rose
Rose rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2007
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2007
Tonya
Tonya rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2012
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2010
Nici
Nici rated it liked it
May 02, 2009
Emelya
Emelya rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2014
Annike
Annike rated it it was ok
Oct 18, 2011
denehy 1 1 Sep 03, 2013 09:53PM
  • Amelia Bedelia 4 Mayor
  • Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle's Won't-Take-a-Bath Cure (Mrs. Piggle Wiggle, #6)
  • Stone Soup
  • The Icky Bug Alphabet Book
  • Autumn Story
  • Rough Weather Ahead for Walter the Farting Dog (Walter the Farting Dog)
  • McDuff and the Baby
  • Angelina's Halloween
  • Piggins
  • Julius (An I Can Read Book)
  • Arthur's Computer Disaster: An Arthur Adventure (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • The Jazz Fly: Starring the Jazz Bugs [With CD]
  • The Dog Who Cried Wolf
  • Best Friends for Frances
Peggy Parish was the author of the children's story series Amelia Bedelia. The series was continued, after her sudden death from an aneurysm, by her nephew Herman Parish. Peggy attended the University of South Carolina and received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English.

Herman honored Peggy's life in his book, Good Driving, Amelia Bedelia, by writing in its dedication: "For Peggy Parish, the real Am
More about Peggy Parish...

Amelia Bedelia (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Amelia Bedelia
  • Thank You, Amelia Bedelia (I Can Read Book Level 2)
  • Amelia Bedelia and the Surprise Shower