Start by marking “Magic Trixie and the Dragon (Magic Trixie, Vol. 3)” as Want to Read:
Magic Trixie and the Dragon (Magic Trixie, Vol. 3)

Magic Trixie and the Dragon (Magic Trixie #3)

She's smart. She's sassy. She has magic powers. And she has a very big problem!
Magic Trixie is excited. When she goes to the circus, she gets to see DRAGONS! And she gets a real dragon scale as a special present. But now her friends think she is bragging that she has a real dragon as a pet. when she accidentally turns her baby sister into a dragon and then loses her, Trixi
Published June 23rd 2009 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Magic Trixie and the Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic Trixie and the Dragon

David Schaafsma
Oct 27, 2015 David Schaafsma rated it liked it
Shelves: gn-children
The art and story are both by Jill Thompson, who worked with Neil Gaiman on The Sandman, among others things, and I liked her art there, so that is the reason I read this particular volume, out of sequence, actually, but I think I figured what is going on in the world. The other reason I read it is because the other two volumes were moving around the house, so I pick one up occasionally. There's so much out there now, and much it is good--Amulet, Nimona, Lumberjanes… I can't quite keep up. I ...more
Karla
Magic Trixie longs for a dragon to call her own, and comes close to disaster after her "frenemy" tells the other kids that Trixie already has one. The drawings are colorful and expressive--from the richly detailed circus scenes to Trixie's lonely cat. The wide variety of panel sizes and shapes help to convey movement and keep the reader engaged. My only quibble is that Trixie's senior citizen grandmother dresses like a go-go witch.
Amy
Aug 24, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
Magic Trixie and the Dragon was a 3.5 to 4 star book for my niece, nephew and me. I checked the book out for my niece, but it was my nephew who asked if we could read this. It involved dragons, you see, and to a four year old boy dragons are pretty cool.

My niece likes Magic Trixie, and she likes books in graphic novel format. Trixie seemed a little more grown up in this issue (like my niece), and more is being expected of her (like my niece). My niece shares Trixie's growing pains--my girl could
Brianna
Jul 06, 2011 Brianna rated it really liked it
Magic Trixie and the Dragon is the third graphic novel in Jill Thompson's Magic Trixie collection. With even more twists & turns Thompson gives another adorable story with wonderful artwork and quirky attention to details.

The story follows Trixie in her quest to find a dragon. In the midst of her nearly impossible quest, she is learning how to do special tricks with her wand, like change her baby sisters diaper. As usual, Trixie gets into a little trouble but learns a valuable lesson when h
Dru
Feb 03, 2010 Dru rated it really liked it
more of the good stuff. highly recommended for graphic novel for girls
Dolly
Nov 12, 2013 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children who enjoy reading graphic novels
This is the third book in the Magic Trixie series by Jill Thompson. We enjoyed the first two books in the series and our oldest was excited to see that there were more books featuring Trixie.

This is a dramatic, but somewhat scattered tale about dragons and being careful what you ask for. The story is entertaining, but it wasn't my favorite of the series so far. Our girls just adopted kittens, and they couldn't imagine how anyone could ignore Scratch, since he's so adorable.

The illustrations are
Erika
Jan 28, 2016 Erika rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
The story is a fun look at being careful what you wish for and treating your friends right and not taking them for granted. With dragons.

The art and story in this book are very engaging and charming. There is so much detail in every drawing, and yet you never really feel overwhelmed by the art and while some of the dialog is a bit simplistic it fits the character well.

And it has dragons. You can never go wrong with dragons.
Emily
Sep 08, 2009 Emily rated it really liked it
I love Magic Trixie! She's fun, she's magical, and she gets into all kinds of scrapes. In her third adventure, she really, really, really wants a dragon. Instead, she accidentally transforms her baby sister, Abby Cadabra, into a dragon. Oops. Defiantly the kind of thing parents tend to punish for. Lots of fun!
Ms. B
Dec 30, 2015 Ms. B rated it liked it
Part of the Magic Trixie series, in this installment, Trixie turns her baby sister into a dragon and her cat Scratches runs away to join the circus. Young readers who like graphic novels (like Babymouse) or who are looking for a story about magic or dragons will enjoy this one. The illustrations remind me of manga or anime.
Lindsey
Oct 07, 2012 Lindsey rated it liked it
Emme loves Magic Trixie and her adventures. Not as good as the second Magic Trixie, but worth a read.
Polly
I tend to start the Magic Trixie books hating the drawing, and end loving the whole thing. She's a very appealing character, and I really like the magical world she inhabits.
P.
Jul 03, 2010 P. rated it really liked it
When will there be MORE??
Jing
Jing rated it it was ok
Sep 26, 2009
Od
Od rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2014
Lance
Lance rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2015
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2010
Mattdoux
Mattdoux rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2012
Arianna
Arianna rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2015
Althea
Althea rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2013
Kat
Kat rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2015
Selma
Selma rated it really liked it
May 17, 2014
Scope
Scope rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2009
Crystal
Aug 02, 2011 Crystal rated it it was ok
Not for me, but I can see that kids would like it.
Jill
The kids loved this one--great read aloud.
John
John rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2010
T.
T. rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2009
Brit Austin
Brit Austin rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Natalia
Natalia rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2010
Steven
Steven rated it liked it
May 26, 2011
Jim
Jim rated it really liked it
May 19, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jill Thompson is an American comic book writer and illustrator. Probably best known for her work on Neil Gaiman's Sandman characters and her own Scary Godmother series, she has also worked on The Invisibles, Swamp Thing, Wonder Woman and more recently, Beasts of Burden.

More about Jill Thompson...

Magic Trixie (4 books)
  • Magic Trixie (Magic Trixie, Vol. 1)
  • Magic Trixie Sleeps Over (Magic Trixie, Vol. 2 )
  • Magic Trixie #4