Start by marking “Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls #2)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  57,579 ratings  ·  2,479 reviews
After the excitement of the fall, all Cammie Morgan wants is peaceful semester at school. But that's easier said than done when you're a CIA legacy and go to the premier school in the world...for spies. Despite Cammie's best intentions, trouble crops up quickly. Cammie, Bex, and Liz learn that the Gallagher Academy is hosting guests from another spy school a school that is ...more
Published June 9th 2009 by Disney Hyperion (first published October 2nd 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy

Sophie Riggsby
*Review posted on Mundie Moms on August 20, 2011*

I love discovering a series that has a number of books out already. But the problem? Well, I seem to be devouring them in one sitting. I tried to slow down my reading of Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, but I couldn’t seem to stop turning pages. For starters, I wanted to know what Cammie’s mother was hiding and what was that new construction in the school all about?

Then in a countersurveillance exercise with the always fun-to-read Mr. Solomon, I
Rachael
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy is the second book in Ally Carter's Gallagher Girl series. It is just as cute and well-written as the first book.

It's a new semester at Cammie's spy school. But getting through the next part of her Covert Operations class isn't her only challenge; the school is also keeping a secret from its students, a secret called Blackthorne. Soon, it's up to Cammie and her genius friends to save the school.

In my opinion, some parts of this story are predictable, but the storyl
Leanna
Georgia
Pahilario22
Cross My Heart and Hope To Spy is the sequel to I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter, the witty and adventurous "Cameron Ann Morgan" herself.
This novel took alot from the first book and placed an even harder and challenging mission in this story.
Cammie and her three friends, along with the 96 more girls at the academy, find theirselves in an even tougher and awkward situation than when Cammie first met Josh; and this time, this situation refers to all Gallagher
Lola
I'm a Totally Spies fan forever and ever so of course I LOVED this book!

The first book was incredible, but the second one is just excellent, utterly amazing! There's action, romance, humour and mystery so, seriously, how can someone not like this book? I'm really happy that Josh is out of the picture (yeah, I didn't like him a lot), well kind of, because I appreciate Zack much more and I hope I'm gonna see more of him in the next books. So, if you didn't read this one, well... read it now! ;)

Monkey of Doom
This book wasn't as good as it's predecessor, "I'd Tell You I Love You, but then I'd Have to Kill You". Cam went from being a cool spy girl who happened to be interested in a boy, to a confused teenage girl, who happened to be a spy. Most of the book was her trying to deal with Zach, another spy, and then not taking the route I wanted her to, which involved a good beating on Zach's part. My goodness, that guy was annoying! Kinda a non-exsistent plot. Basically just said,"we figured out that you ...more
H
I thought this was really good, regardless of the slim plot. I liked the characters a lot, especially the new ones, and I wish the third book was coming out tomorrow instead of in June. Sigh. But I laughed almost the whole time, especially about some of the situations and things Cammie finds herself in. I hope Zach's in the next book a lot, because I feel like Carter raised a lot of questions about him but then didn't answer any of them (well, except if he liked Cammie or not).
Bry
This was a super easy read (finished in just a couple of hours) and it was cuter than the first. Cammie still goes completely stupid in the male presence despite given to opportunity to overcome this.

In the first book only Cammie is really characterized and sadly that is the same in this book. You really see Cam grow and learn but the rest of the secondary characters are still cliched and two dimensional which is sad because I see some real potential for breakout characters in both Bex and Mace
Rachel (Miss Perfection)
"Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy" is the sequel to the spy novel "I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You." Cammie Morgan is back at school after her uneventful winter break, which consisted of her trying to get over Josh. Once Cammie thinks that everything has calmed down since the events that took place in the first semester, Gallagher Academy is once again hyped up for another reason: Gallagher Academy is hosting a visit from a covert training center for boys, Blackthorne Academ ...more
Marianne
Before I start, I have to start by saying something extremely vital to my review: JOSH WHO?

Agter reading this book, I am infinitesimaly glad that Cammie isn't with Josh. First of all, I've never ever related to him. I didn't like him as a character. I've always found him to be just a distraction to Cammie. I'm glad I didn't need to hear much from him here.

Anyways, this book was great, even better than the first one. I found myself passing the pages faster, because I wanted to discover all the se
Heidi
A fun sequel to the first book, and just as light and chick-lit, too. I liked the element of the boys coming to stay at the school. I was a little disappointed that early on I had guessed correctly about was going on because it took away some of the excitement for me. However, Carter did a decent job in the what's-going-on aspect as I still found myself second-guessing my original guess.

Honestly, I never liked Zach. He's not Josh. I liked Josh. I prefer Josh. My favorite scenes were the ones wi
Faye
I was a little surprised by how it was better than I expected, since I didn't really like Cross My Hear and Hope to Spy's prequel, which I forgot the title of.

The main thing that I like much better is that Cammie is a little more grown up. She still is a little naive, but instead of finding her annoying, I find her endearing now. It would make sense too, since she did something really bad before, and she's also a little older.

There still are all the cute things, and I really liked the spying e
Emily Munro
At a private school full of spies, teenaged girl spies, running into cute boys isn’t something that happens often. Cammie Morgan, daughter of the headmistress at Gallagher Academy of Exceptional Young Women, had a reputation of sneaking out of school grounds. When out of the blue, boys show up at the school and odd things start to happen, dangerous thing start to happen. When Cammie is blamed for a serious crime against the school because of her past rep, Cammie and her friends start to dig deep ...more
Megan
In this second book of Ally Carter's spy series, we see boys (gasp!) at the Gallagher Academy. Cute, fluffy and entertaining. I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much I am liking this series. The audio book is only a couple of hours, and it is a great escape from regular life and books :)
Kylie
This is the sequel to I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You.
Iffath
I literally starting reading this book after posting the review for I'd Tell You I Love You on Friday (this should've gone up Saturday, but I felt to overwhelmed. All I can say is, HOW CAN I HAVE LIVED WITHOUT THE GALLAGHER GIRLS FOR 3 YEARS??! THREE YEARS PEOPLE?!!WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE OH THE WONDER THAT IS ALLY CARTER?
^^I may be overreacting. Slightly. But still.

The story begins when Cammie returns from winter break and is off for an interrogation at the top-secret CIA headquarters.
Sarah (TotalTeenFiction)
Review also posted here on TotalTeenFiction.

I really enjoyed the first book in this series, and this book picks up not long after. Cammie has been summoned to the CIA and is under scrutiny for her actions with Josh last term. On top of that, something mysterious is happening at Gallagher Academy and Cammie and her friends try their best to get to the bottom of it.

There's a bit of recapping at the beginning of the book which I liked, and straight away I fell in love with Cammie's narration of th
LadyTechie
This was a great Sunday read. It continued the story of Cammie and her roommates at the Gallagher Academy. This time there are a ton of secrets being held by the staff, including Cammie's mom. But, she made a promise to her mom, who also happens to be the headmistress of the school. Those promises were seriously tested and it all ties in to the results of I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You.

There are some serious surprises for the girls and they are going to be tested, especia
Lisa
Originally posted at Read Me Bookmark Me Love Me

After the upsetting ending of the first book, Cammie faces the consequences of her actions and tries to move on with her life, confused about her feelings for Josh. Does her ex-boyfriend remember what happened last semester? Does he want to be with her again? Will she forget about him? The start of a new school year marks the reunion of four close friends, leaving us wondering what complications they will run into next. Another blindingly exciting
Sara ♥
*GENERAL WARNING* The author of this review is a die-hard Alias fan AND a die-hard love-story fan. These books combine those two elements. This may result in excessive excitement on the part of the author, which may further result in excessive punctuation, capitalization, language, and general silliness. The author is, in actuality, a fairly mature and professional adult. Unfortunately, given the wrong stimuli, she reverts back to her 16-year-old state (or possibly younger). This book was the ep ...more
Rozhin
خوب...در یک کلام
عالیییییییییییی بود....وای اینقدر خندیدم که نفسم بالا نمیاد:))
خیلی خوش گذشت چون:
1.اون لوسی مسخره که رومنس های تینجری داشتن رو نداشت..من از رمانتیک بازی و حرفهای رومانتیک متنفرم!!ولی خدایی رومنس این کتاب یه چیز دیگه بود!:))
واقعا شخصیت زک رو دوست داشتم..خصوصا این چپتر اخر...خدا کنه بازم بیاد من بازم زک میخوام!با اینکه خیلی مسخره و حرص در بیار بود ولی دوست داشتنی بود:-"
2هیجان این جلد بیشتر بود*.*
3.من فهمیدم که جو سولومون در واقع همون هیو جکمن خودمونه:-"..ولی با وجود این من اقای سولو
Negar
نمی شه بهش پنج داد آخه :)

خیلی خیلی بهتر از کتاب اول بود. خنده هاش، ماموریت ها و امتحان و همه ش خیلی بهتر از کتاب اول بود.
رمانسشم درک کردم حتی، که یه کم عجیب بود، ولی خب :-" :))
به خاطر دو تا چیز بهش اون ستاره آخر رو نمی دم. یک، چون ایده ش به شدت جام آتش ـی بود و خیلی روی اعصابم قدم رو رفت این موضوع.
دو، به همون دلیلی که اون دو تا ستاره رو به جلد یک ندادم. نثرش خیلی بیش از حد ساده ست و یه سری چیزا رو هم تکرار میکنه - یعنی جداً اگه یه بار دیگه اسم 14 تا زبان رو بشنوم یکی رو می زنم :| .

+ یه حسی بهم م
Abby E.
Ally Carter is a brilliant auther who expresses many emotions in this book. I personaly can relate to the claim of the book, which is detailed and very realistic. Ally Carter is spectacular at showing emotions that are very strong and meaningful. The book is a jaw dropper packed with action and surprise. I think that a little more foreshadowing could be used but overall the book is wonderful and i would strongly recommed it to my classmates. I feel that my classmates can relate to this book just ...more
Kim
There’s something really special about a book that makes you smile the whole way through; despite the fact that finishing the book left me with incredibly sore cheeks. ‘Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy’ was an amazing sequel to the first Gallagher Girls book, and I couldn’t have asked for anything more.

I finished the first Gallagher Girls book with the feeling that I loved the series, that I was addicted already, but I wanted a bit more action and a bit more spying. The second book definitely gav
Emily AKA Doodle
If you have not read I'd Tell You I Love, But Then I'd Have to Kill You, do not read further! If you have you are good to continue reading. :D

Ally Carter has taken the spy world and used it to create another beautifully crafted book. I was hooked by just the summary and read this book quickly.

Cammie, Bex, Liz, and Macey are back and determined to get through another semester at the Gallagher Academy. Cammie just had a debriefing with the CIA about her escapades from the previous semester and no
BookChic Club
Cross my heart, hope to spy- stick a needle in your eye. The Gallagher Girls are back in Ally Carter's sequel to I'd Tell You I Love You but Then I'd Have to Kill You in Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy. After the heart ache of loosing her first boyfriend (who doesn't even remember all of the break-up night due to memory erasing tea), Cammie is determined to finally start fresh this new semester. But then things start changing as it is announced that there will be exchange students- from a boys sp ...more
Alison
Cover: I think the cover definitely goes along with the book. I was already drawn into the book because this is a sequel and I loved the first book. You didn't have to ask me twice to read this book!
Story: 'Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy is about a sophmore girl, Cameron, who goes to a special school. Actually, a spy school called Gallagher Acadamy. Gallagher Acadamy is for young women or at least they thought. Cameron and her friends get a visit from some people that they would've never expect
PurplyCookie
Have you ever wondered if your loved ones keep secrets from you? In "Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)", Cammie Morgan must keep secrets from many people in her life. Why? Because Cammie is a spy in training at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women. In order to be a spy she must hide many things from outsiders and even other spies.

Nicole Svare
When I found this book in the library, I was extremely excited. I had been waiting for it to show up for a long time. This book is the second book in the series, and it was even better than the first one in my opinion. The story is about an all-girls elite school for spies. The main character, Cammie, and some of her friends, find out about the existence of an All-boys spy school, and the story goes on from there. She ends up meeting one of the spies there, without knowing he was a spy, and it's ...more
Dream Cast if GG series became a movie 69 262 Oct 28, 2014 06:58PM
zach or josh? 212 365 Aug 24, 2014 12:56PM
Ditch,Kiss,Date??? 16 116 Jul 27, 2014 06:28AM
hope 2 7 Jun 26, 2014 01:16PM
If you are a Fang...: When did you start to like Zach? 1 6 Apr 17, 2014 02:30PM
WHAT DOES ZACH MEAN??? 11 80 Apr 14, 2014 02:43PM
Class of 2015: Book Review 1 2 Mar 26, 2014 10:40PM
  • Native Tongue (The Specialists, #4)
  • Killer Spirit (The Squad, #2)
  • The Royal Treatment (Princess for Hire, #2)
  • Broadway Lights (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #5)
  • So Over My Head (The Charmed Life, #3)
  • Death by Latte (Death By Mysteries, #2)
  • The Daughters Break the Rules (The Daughters, #2)
  • The Body at the Tower (The Agency, #2)
  • Movers and Fakers (Alphas, #2)
  • Dead Is a State of Mind (Dead Is, #2)
  • Being Nikki (Airhead, #2)
  • Going Rogue (Also Known As, #2)
  • The Empress's Tomb (Kiki Strike, #2)
  • Fame, Glory, and Other Things on My To Do List
Ally Carter is a writer living and working in the Midwest. She loved school so much she kept going...and going...and going...until finally she had to graduate. Now she has degrees from Oklahoma State University and Cornell University and a house and a job and other very grown-up things.

Her life is either very ordinary or the best deep-cover legend ever. She'd tell you more, but...well...you know..
More about Ally Carter...
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1) Heist Society (Heist Society, #1) Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover (Gallagher Girls, #3) Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls, #4) Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)

“Most little girls in England grow up wanting to marry
a prince. Bex grew up wanting to kick James Bond's butt and assume his double-0 ranking.”
610 likes
“You really saw some?" Liz said an hour later. Sure, we had the stereo blaring and the shower running, but Liz still whispered, "They really...exist?"
"Liz," I whispered back, "they're not unicorns."
"No," Bex said flatly, "they're boys. And they're...good.”
585 likes