Start by marking “Accounting Made Simple: Accounting Explained in 100 Pages or Less” as Want to Read:
Accounting Made Simple: Accounting Explained in 100 Pages or Less

Accounting Made Simple: Accounting Explained in 100 Pages or Less

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  1,833 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Find all of the following explained in Plain-English with no technical jargon: The Accounting Equation and why it's so significant How to read and prepare financial statements How to calculate and interpret several different financial ratios The concepts and assumptions behind Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) Preparing journal entries with debits and credits ...more
Published December 18th 2012 by Simple Subjects (first published December 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Accounting Made Simple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Accounting Made Simple

Cristian Strat
Accounting made simple but a little bit too simple

This short book will help you understand the basics of financial statements and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. It's a nice introduction but it felt way too light. It doesn't strike the right balance between brevity and usefulness.
Tun Win Naing
It really explain basic accounting concept in under hundred pages. Not too much detail but you will have good overview of the accounting system of a small business.
Nathanael Lee
Very straightforward read that helped me to grasp a fundamental, rudimentary understanding of Accounting. I will need the concepts learned in this book to prepare for Investment Analysis, and this book has provided an exemplary introduction to the basics of Accounting. Would recommend to anyone looking to the world of Accounting or Business-related fields.
Azra Šabovic
I think the book is very convenient for starters who want to know about the basics of accounting. Also, in my case, I am planning on studying accounting and this book has enlightened me. I have gotten to know accounting from the book and i do not find it's content monotonous, which is great, because I was worried. Best recommendations, it won't be a waste of time.
Jenny Suarez
Accounting could never have been explained clearer. This book helped me a whole lot to review my principles of accounting knowledge. The examples are so easy to understand that it will get stuck in your brain. I just love this book.
Benjamin
Hey, there is no such thing as an exciting accounting book for someone not in CPA school, so this is the next best thing; everything you need, and nothing more, so you can read about something else. It has not one chapter, not one sentence, that is not necessary to get the 10-15 high points across that will make you understand the basics of accounting.

The organization, brevity, and end of chapter reviews are a model for anybody else writing about book about a field like accounting where essenti
Shaydra
Helped With The Basics

Simplified the world of accounting as much as is possible with a subject like this. it also managed to not be too dry.
Chris Bumpas
I'm currently pursuing an MBA degree from Texas Tech and am without a business background (environmental science undergrad). This semester I am taking financial and managerial accounting. Since the class will be my first encounter with any sort of accounting, I wanted to prepare myself somewhat. This book was able to provide me with a little knowledge of very basic accounting principles that I feel will be very beneficial for my upcoming class. At least now I won't be going in completely blind.
Glenn Rumfellow
This book provides a terrific overwiew of accounting. I never took accounting in school, and have been picking up what I can from books over the 20 years of my career as an IT professional. Now that I'm working with SAP software, which has accounting as its core functionality, I felt the need to put together the pieces into a more cohesive holistic view. This concise book was just what I needed. I highly recommend it!
Amanda
Highly recommended, this book is an excellent introduction to accounting for those who are not very well acquainted with the field. The length makes it less intimidating, and I definitely feel like I'm ready to tackle longer books devoted to the subject. As this book gave a good, brief overview, I feel like with other books I'll be able to skip forward to the key parts without worrying that I'm missing out on the basics.
Hasani Ferguson
Bought this book to brush up on my understanding of the Accountancy. It did an excellent job in explaining the Accounting procedures in a way anyone can understand. Recommended to all Non-Business major interested in building knowledge of this information system.
Veronica Lopez
It was helpful in introductory accounting classes. I plan to periodically re-read to refresh my memory.
Maryam AL_Oraij
try to double a book for scientific specialization :) it was a good book ....
Vikash Raj
Sep 11, 2013 Vikash Raj marked it as to-read
Ihab Ziyad
Wael
mybe it's good
Lester Orendez
i love it
Hassan Abdelaal
Hassan Abdelaal marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Cayly Dixon
Cayly Dixon marked it as to-read
Rod
Rod is currently reading it
Bob
Bob marked it as to-read
Ammar Qureshi
Ammar Qureshi marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
  • Making Sense of Behavior: The Meaning of Control
  • Re-Create Your Life
  • Learning from the Future: Competitive Foresight Scenarios
  • Numbers Guide: The Essentials of Business Numeracy
  • Turning Numbers into Knowledge: Mastering the Art of Problem Solving
  • How to Read a Financial Report: Wringing Vital Signs Out of the Numbers
  • Fail-Safe Investing: Lifelong Financial Security in 30 Minutes
  • Value-Based Fees: How to Charge - and Get - What You're Worth (The Ultimate Consultant Series)
  • The McGraw-Hill 36-Hour Course in Finance for Non-Financial Managers
  • Bankable Business Plans
  • Simple Numbers, Straight Talk, Big Profits!: 4 Keys to Unlock Your Business Potential
  • 3-D Negotiation: Powerful Tools to Change the Game in Your Most Important Deals
  • Purpose: The Starting Point of Great Companies
  • The 1% Windfall: How Successful Companies Use Price to Profit and Grow
  • Essentials of Accounting
Investing Made Simple: Investing in Index Funds Explained in 100 Pages or Less Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less Can I Retire?: How Much Money You Need to Retire and How to Manage Your Retirement Savings, Explained in 100 Pages or Less Social Security Made Simple Surprisingly Simple: LLC vs. S-Corp vs. C-Corp Explained in 100 Pages or Less