Tempt Me If You Can (Sinclair Brothers, #2)

Tempt Me If You Can (Sinclair Brothers #2)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  629 ratings  ·  54 reviews
In the heartwarming yet sizzling sequel to "The Man Must Marry," Ben Sinclair falls for the one woman he had never expected to love--and learns about the son he never knew he had. Original.

HE'LL PLAY BY HER RULES UNTIL SHE FALLS FOR HIM... HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER.

When an anonymous letter stuns shipping magnate and confirmed bachelor Ben Sinclair with the news that he has a...more
Published February 23rd 2010 by Simon & Schuster (first published February 1st 2010)

Simply Irresistible by Jill ShalvisThe Sweetest Thing by Jill ShalvisHead Over Heels by Jill ShalvisThe Next Always by Nora RobertsInstant Attraction by Jill Shalvis
Best Romance at an Inn / Hotel
9th out of 27 books — 41 voters
The Sweetest Thing by Jill ShalvisTempt Me If You Can by Janet ChapmanWhisper Falls by Toni BlakeSpellbound Falls by Janet ChapmanWhat the Librarian Did by Karina Bliss
Best long lost child Romance
2nd out of 10 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

Sherri needs a twin
Mar 16, 2010 Sherri needs a twin rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Fans of Janet Chapman
Shelves: 2010
For me Janet Chapman is an auto buy author. Not because she's all that but because I know I will come away with a good, solid, satisfying read.

Tempt Me If You Can is just that kind of read. Its the second in the Sinclair Brothers series and is the story of Ben and Emma. Years ago Ben came to a small logging town in Maine to aid environmentalists who were attempting to keep loggers from clear cutting old growth forests. While he was there he had a short lived romance with Kelly. Fast forward 15 y...more
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
A solid 3.5 stars for me. This is the second of the Sinclair books and the second I've read. I thought the role Ben played running his company was certainly underplayed but liked the interaction between Ben and Emma. And of course Mike was uber-cool. Since I like hiking and camping, many of the settings appealed to me as well.

You don't need to read the first book but they are loosely related.
Michelle (Michelle&Leslie's Book Picks)
Tempt Me If You Can is the second book in the Sinclair Brothers series by Janet Chapman. I didn't read the first book and there is not need because but this book is a standalone. This book tells the story of wealthy businessman Ben Sinclair who received a letter from an anonymous source saying that he fathered a son fifteen years ago. So, after doing some investigating and finding out the letter speaks the truth, he left New York for Maine. There, meets his son Michael and Emma Sands who was sis...more
Mackenzie
Book 2 in the Sinclair brother series I found is much better than the first. When Ben Sinclair, CEO of Tidewater Shipping receives an unsigned letter stating that he had a 15 year old son living in Medicine Gore and it was high time he met him.

After investigators proved it was true, Ben arranged to go "in disguise" to check out his son (who he didn't know he had) and his Aunt Emma who had basically raised him as his mother Kelly disappeared 10 years ago. Emma runs Medicine Creek Camps, a huntin...more
Taracuda
Caitlin Peterson
This is a new author for me, and I'm so happy I randomly picked this book off the shelf at the library! I ran the gamut of emotions in this book, and I honestly think that's a sign of true talent in an author. I cried in parts, laughed in some, and bit my nails in suspense at others. The characters were so strong and well written, and I absolutely fell in love with the little family they became.

The mystery wasn't too hard to figure out, even for me, and it was definitely secondary to the romanc...more
Jill
FYI this book is easily read without reading the first in the series. This book I really really liked. It was good, much better than the first because this had some suspense. There's supposed to be a bit of a mystery that involves some coordinates, but that's no mystery that a 5-year-old couldn't figure out from the get-go. But there's still suspense anyway, and I really like the characters. I wonder if #3 brother Jesse will get a book??
Wendy Hines
Shipping Magnate Benjamin Sinclair sits on a letter for three weeks before he breaks the news to his two brothers. He has a fifteen year old son, and he never knew about it. Determined to know him, he books a two week bird hunt at Emma Sands sporting camps.

Emma has raised Michael since she was nineteen and her sister disappeared. She doesn't realize who "Tom Jenkins" is at first, and just knows he is going to be nothing but trouble with a capital T. But Michael is the spitting image of his fathe...more
Jill
Tempt Me If You Can is the second book in Janet Chapman’s series about the Sinclair family. I don’t know how many books she plans to have as she only has one brother left but with her highlander series she ended up moving on to the children of the highlanders so the series could go for a while. I vaguely recall reading The Man Must Marry, which was book one, but didn’t really recall any of the details until pretty far into this novel when the plot of the last one was mentioned. Not having read t...more
May Mostly Romance
Tempt me if you can ของเจเ้น็ต แชปแมน

หนังสือเล่มนี้เป็นเล่มที่สองในชุดพี่น้องตระกูลซินแคลร์ เรื่องราวของพี่น้องสามคน ทายาทตระกูลบริษัทเดินเรือผู้ร่ำรวย แต่แสนจะติดดิน

เล่มนี้เป็นเรื่องราวของน้องชายคนกลาง เบน ซินแคลร์ที่ต้องได้รับความตกใจที่สุดในชีวิตเมื่อเขาได้รับจดหมายจากคนไม่ทราบชื่อ แจ้งข่าวการเป็นพ่อคนของเขา มันไม่ใช่สิ่งที่เพิ่งเกิดขึ้น เพราะไมเคิล แซนด์เด็กชายที่ถูกอ้างว่าเป็นลูกชายของเขามีอายุถึงสิบห้าปีแล้ว และตอนนี้อยู่ในความปกครองของเอ็มม่า ผู้เป็นน้า หลังจากเคลลี่ มารดาของเขาหนีจากไปเ...more
Tonya Warner
Benjamin Sinclair has just found out he has a fifteen year-old son that someone had neglected to tell him about. Kelly had disappeared, leaving her younger sister, Emma Jean Sands, to raise his son, Michael, on her own. He knew that he would not be welcome in the area with the locals believing he had killed Kelly and Emma's father, but he was going to meet his son and make them pay for keeping him a secret.

When Ben shows up at the camp Emma runs to support Michael, he has already had a run-in wi...more
Gaby
Janet Chapman's Tempt Me If You Can is a fun contemporary romance!

Ben Sinclair, the romantic lead, is likable from the start. Upon discovering that he has an illegitimate son, his first reaction is to investigate and then to acknowledge the son. He travels to Maine, treading carefully, and slowly reveals his identity - he takes care not to disrupt his son's life. Gorgeous, considerate, filthy rich, and a respected force in the business world, it's easy to fall in love with Ben Sinclair! Meanwhil...more
Cheryl
Ben Sinclair receives a letter that turns his world upside down. The letter is postmarked from Medicine Gore. It is unsigned. The contents of the letter inform Ben that he is the father of a fifteen year old boy named, Michael. Ben hires an investigator and discovers that the letter is true. He is a father. Ben fell in love with a girl named Kelly, who is Michael’s mother. Kelly disappeared ten years ago, leaving Michael to be raised by his Aunt Emma.

Ben returns to Medicine Gore but not under g...more
Diah Didi
I liked this!
After taking a break for couple months not reading romance, I chose this book randomly. It's been on my shelves for months (or is it a year), untouched, after I bought it.
I'm glad I took this one. It's a quick, easy read but with a little mystery. Judging from the cover, I expected a little hot or steamy stuff, but nop. Not that I disappointed, instead I was surprised, and enjoy it that it didn't focus on the sex thing. The sex scene was 1 time only, and brief. So we can focus on th...more
Sara Strand
I can't remember if I've reviewed it but I think I haven't because it's not on my "finished" list. But this is a cheesy romance novel so you know- if you hate those, skip this review. The only thing I will say- little to no sex. I can't even remember if there was sex. And frankly? If you are going to write a romance- I expect some sex in there. THAT is the point, right? At least for me it is.

But this is the store of Ben and Emma. Emma is raising her long lost sister's son as her own, and Ben is...more
Patty
This was a fun read. Not complicated but a great romance novel. It's full of great characters, suspense, bad guys and a good bit of mystery. Not to mention float planes, a one antlered moose and a gorgeous locale.

Our hero Ben Sinclair finds out 15 years after the fact that he is a father. He left a small town in Maine without his love and without knowing about the suspicions about him after an explosion that killed a man. He receives a mysterious note telling him about his son. He learns that th...more
Bridget
Ben discovers that he has a son whom he has never laid eyes on. He is a good man and wants to repay his once lover, Emma, for all that she has done for their child. Emma is hard headed and doesn't want Ben interrupting their life. When some secrets start to reveal themselves, Ben knows that it is his duty to protect his son and the mother of his child. Emma isn't too thrilled with the idea at first, but she soon learns that there are some things she can't do all on her own.

I wouldn't say that th...more
Lyndsay
I love janet chapman. I have no read all of her books. which makes me really sad that there are none left until she publishes again. :(

Good story. Man finds son he never knew he had. Girl faces abandoment issues and realty of child hood crushes. Son tries to force Dad and Aunt together. Throw in some fun animals. A deranged moose named Pitiful with half an antler and a loyal guard dog. Delightful.

They myster of Michaels mom's disapearance and the destruction of the Dam 16 years ago was predictab...more
Denise Van plew
Just love her books. this one is the second in the series featuring Ben and while he was given the company to run he learns something that effects his life that happened 15 years ago. You also are introduced to Emma who becomes very important who has been raising his son he didn't know of. You are taken on the adventure he faces with her and his son he comes to know. Love how she molded that son of his Michael. There is also mystery in the story line and they try and solve it together. Very movi...more
Michelle
I was disappointed. I always love Janet Chapman's books, and I rated the first Sinclair book 4.5 stars. This one is lucky to get 3.5, though. The whole thing just felt disjointed to me. In the beginning Ben was adamant that he hated Emma. Then he changes his mind quick enough & decides he wants to marry Emma, yet he won't fall in love. Then when she finally admits to loving him, he's like, "Don't you know I love you?"
The storyline was good and the suspense was really good - the mystery was b...more
Maxine
Um... what is this?
I got a little over 1/4 through this book before I had to stop reading.

Who are these people? What the hell is going on? Who acts like that? And who allows someone to act like that?
(view spoiler)

This is the first Janet Chapman I've ever read, and this book does not give me hope for the rest of her catalogue.

Not impressed, and really disappointed...more
Rexanna
Great story with strong characters.
Lisa
Ben Sinclair, CEO of Tidewater International, has just found out that he has a 15 year old son he didn't know existed. His need to make the woman who kept his son away from him is foremost on his mind until he meets the independent Emma Sands. She has done an excellent job raising her nephew, Mike, Ben's son. The mystery that surrounds the disappearance of Mike's mother and the death of Emma's father keeps the novel moving.
L.W.
It was okay. I liked the characters...the plot...well it was believable up to the point that he had an affair with the older sister and came back to fall in love with the younger. I'm not sure I believe that happens outside a trailer park. Anyway, it was entertaining on a cold rainy night, so it served it's purposed. I'm still a fan of Ms. Chapman and will continue to read just about anything she writes.
Karen Corvan
Ben Sinclair receives a letter telling him that he has a 15 year old son. He had no idea and he goes to investigate. A girl he loved and dated had a son and when Mike was 5 she disappeared. Her sister raised Mike and she runs a adventure resort in Maine. There is still a mystery unsolved and someone doesn't want it revealed. And who wrote the letter???
Like Janet Chapman's writing
Brenda (b)
I loved this story. I liked both Ben and Emma. I thought it was a very good plot point that they didn't fall into bed immediately. I felt Mike was a great supporting character. Pitiful added a touch of humor to several scenes.

Even though it really had nothing to do with the story itself, I adored the author's note, "Letter from LakeWatch", at the end of the book.
Mitzi
Ben gets a anonymous letter telling him he has a teenage son from a summer he spent years ago in the woods of Maine. His son Michael had been abandoned by his mother and is being raised by his aunt Emma. Ben is determined to get to know his son and sets out for Maine to claim what is his...but Emma doesn't want his interference. Pretty good love story.
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Hmmm. I did not like this series. The story was OK, and the action was good, but there were too many flaws. When a guy pulls a gun on you, you do not do what he says by pulling your truck into the woods to hide it, and when he says he's going to get rid of you, you don't get into his truck.

Enough said I am glad there is no 3rd book.
Janet
What a great read on a snowy Sunday afternoon. Chapman never lets me down. She creates characters that you either love or love to hate. This is not meant to be "the great American novel." What it is is a story to that will help you escape your everyday reality. On that goal, Chapman has in Tempt Me If You Can, delivered the goods.
Jonetta
This book isn't as charming as the first in the series, The Man Must Marry. It was a bit of a stretch to believe Ben's sudden change of heart regarding Emma's decision to keep a huge secret from him. And, his lifestyle changes made no sense at all.

This book has a weak premise but is entertaining.
  • Into Thin Air
  • A Highlander's Destiny (Daughters of the Glen, #5)
  • Pink Jinx (Cajun, #5)
  • Tempted by a Warrior (Galloway Trilogy, #3)
  • In Your Wildest Dreams
  • One Magic Moment (De Piaget, #13)
  • How To Lose An Extraterrestrial in 10 Days (Otherworldly Men, #3)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Unexpected Wife (In the Greek Tycoon's Bed) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #6)
  • A Highlander Christmas
  • The Lady Gambles (Copeland Sisters, #1)
  • Master of the Highlands (Highlands, #1)
  • Captured by Desire
  • Somewhere Along The Way (Harmony #2)
  • Dangerous Curves (NASCAR, #1)
  • Much Ado About Marriage (MacLean Curse, #6)
  • Bound by Dreams (Draycott Abbey #9)
  • Guarding the Witness (Guardians, Inc., #5)
  • A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe, #5)
(1)romance author
Janet Chapman is the author of twenty-two contemporary and magical romance novels, all of which are set in her beautiful state of Maine. She lives in a cozy log home on a beautiful lake with her husband, surrounded by an eclectic assortment of wildlife that she finds both entertaining and inspir...more
More about Janet Chapman...
Charming the Highlander (Highlander, #1) Wedding the Highlander (Highlander, #3) Tempting the Highlander (Highlander, #4) Loving the Highlander (Highlander, #2) Only With a Highlander (Highlander, #5)