Beantown Cubans

Beantown Cubans

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  4 reviews
From the acclaimed author of Miami Manhunt and Boston Boys Club, comes a witty, new, warmhearted novel of friendship, familia, and finding a place to call home--even in a city where it's almost impossible to get an authentic Cuban sandwich. . .

Carlos Martin is twenty-seven years old and ready for a change. Cuban-born and Miami-raised, the cute but slightly awkward high sch

Published August 1st 2009 by Kensington (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Beantown Cubans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beantown Cubans

Alan
I decent gay novel about a few men in Boston. Takes place around Thanksgiving/Christmas which made it perfect to read in December. It's a nice break away from deeper, more intense thriller novels I've been reading.
Mark
Although this book had a little charm to it, the author did not deliver well. Unrealistic dialogue that was too descriptive and "on the nose," repetitive passages, and an overuse of character tics made the story too plastic.

An example of the dialogue I can turn to from the end of the book is when the two main characters are having a drink together in Miami. They are discussing three people at another table. The two can clearly see them, but the character makes this comment after talking about t...more
Kenn Espinosa
I really enjoyed this book. It is about friendship, and the people we encounter in life. It gives you an insight of how each character with different personalities handle life situations as they undergo through change.

Once I started reading the first page, I was addicted! Every page makes you wonder what's going to happen next, it has a good flow of narrative events, and it also brings out so much emotions.

The story in this book gave me all kinds of feels, from being giddy, to being mad, I eve...more
peter
it was a good book love the friendship between the leads and the religonship with one of the leads mother its a good story
carioca
carioca marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Terry
Terry marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2013
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2013
Jason
Jason added it
Nov 13, 2012
Claire
Claire added it
Oct 06, 2012
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2012
Todd
Todd added it
Feb 21, 2012
J.J. Dunford
J.J. Dunford marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2012
Stacey
Stacey added it
Dec 10, 2011
Idamus
Idamus added it
Jul 21, 2014
Mantastic
Mantastic marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2011
Steven West
Steven West marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2011
Mariana Monterrubio
Mariana Monterrubio marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2011
Brennen Brown
Brennen Brown marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2010
Johnny Diaz is a gay Cuban-American author currently writing contemporary gay and Hispanic fiction. He is also a features reporter at the South Florida Sun Sentinel in Fort Lauderdale. Before that, he was a reporter at The Boston Globe for 10 years where he wrote Business features about New England media and articles about pop culture, style trends, Hispanic-related stories and Boston neighborhood...more
More about Johnny Diaz...
Boston Boys Club Take the Lead Miami Manhunt Tomar la iniciativa Looking for Providence