Start by marking “Beantown Cubans” as Want to Read:
Beantown Cubans

Beantown Cubans

3.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  20 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
A witty, warm-hearted novel of friendship, family and finding a place to call home.
Published August 1st 2009 by Kensington (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Beantown Cubans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beantown Cubans

Kenn Espinosa
Aug 26, 2014 Kenn Espinosa rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It is about friendship, and the people we encounter in life. It gives you an insight of how each character with different personalities handle life situations as they undergo through change.

Once I started reading the first page, I was addicted! Every page makes you wonder what's going to happen next, it has a good flow of narrative events, and it also brings out so much emotions.

The story in this book gave me all kinds of feels, from being giddy, to being mad, I eve
Alan
Dec 27, 2012 Alan rated it really liked it
I decent gay novel about a few men in Boston. Takes place around Thanksgiving/Christmas which made it perfect to read in December. It's a nice break away from deeper, more intense thriller novels I've been reading.
Mark
Jun 05, 2010 Mark rated it it was ok
Although this book had a little charm to it, the author did not deliver well. Unrealistic dialogue that was too descriptive and "on the nose," repetitive passages, and an overuse of character tics made the story too plastic.

An example of the dialogue I can turn to from the end of the book is when the two main characters are having a drink together in Miami. They are discussing three people at another table. The two can clearly see them, but the character makes this comment after talking about t
peter
Aug 14, 2014 peter rated it liked it
it was a good book love the friendship between the leads and the religonship with one of the leads mother its a good story
GLCenterBak
GLCenterBak marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Chris M
Chris M marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Jason Grabelsky
Jason Grabelsky rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2015
Rebecca L Trousil
Rebecca L Trousil rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2015
Sam
Sam rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2015
Regina Polli
Regina Polli marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Neet
Neet marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
carioca
carioca marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Terry
Terry rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2015
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2013
Jason
Jason added it
Nov 13, 2012
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2012
Galen
Galen rated it it was ok
Jun 09, 2012
Bruce
Bruce rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2012
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2012
Todd
Todd added it
Feb 21, 2012
Chris Hannon
Chris Hannon rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2012
J.J. Dunford
J.J. Dunford marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2012
Johnny Diaz is a gay Cuban-American author currently writing contemporary gay and Hispanic fiction. He is also a features reporter at the South Florida Sun Sentinel in Fort Lauderdale. Before that, he was a reporter at The Boston Globe for 10 years where he wrote Business features about New England media and articles about pop culture, style trends, Hispanic-related stories and Boston neighborhood ...more
More about Johnny Diaz...