The Generosity Plan: Sharing Your Time, Treasure, and Talent to Shape the World

The Generosity Plan: Sharing Your Time, Treasure, and Talent to Shape the World

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Many of us have the desire to make a difference. But when it comes down to it, how many really know what steps to take and how to fit philanthropy into our lives. The Generosity Plan shows readers the unexpected benefits and joys of generosity in our daily lives. This smart, practical guide to philanthropy illuminates the power of giving by helping readers to discover what...more
Published January 19th 2010 by Atria Books/Beyond Words (first published December 28th 2009)

Melissa
This book was full of good ideas. It provided some excellent advice for deciding how, where, and when to donate your time, treasure, and talent. I learned a good deal from this book. My husband and I are putting the things into practice as we make our own generosity plan.
Jen Johnson
Great book for just starting out with volunteering or philanthropy, LeMay does a good job of emphasizing the fact that it's not all just about signing checks and how to discover what you are really passionate about giving your time to. She takes readers through the discovery process and then also the steps of how to put their ideas into action, with information on how to start generosity groups to grow more strength and support for your cause to how to budget your money for charitable giving. Th...more
Elizabeth R
This is a great book for anyone who is wondering how much of their time, talent, and $ they want to give, as a philanthropist. The message I took home is the definition of philanthropy is not what I imagined it to be. Basically, we are all philanthropists any time we give any amount of $, share our time as a volunteer, or give our talents and skills where needed. This book gives practical suggestions on developing a Generosity Plan which is a way to help you visualize how you want your giving to...more
Rachelle
"The Generosity Plan" is about "finding your passion, envisioning a better world, and putting yourself on the path to making that vision a reality." It is filled with personal stories about ordinary people, with a helpful appendiz that summarizes all of the questions, exercises, and tips. I felt inspired but also a little overwhelmed, because I'm not giving back "enough" -- and also, creating a Generosity Plan is work, not spontaneous giving.
Melinda
I read this book doing research for my own book on charitable giving. It is an inspiring and easy read. Once I put it down I renewed my effort to model generosity for our children. Immediately I picked up my knitting needles to work on a scarf; I knit and donate them to a program for homeless children. Large wallets are not the only road to philanthropic living. Read this book and be inspired!
Karen
Feb 08, 2010 Karen added it
Kathy's book is really something special and I can't think of anyone who wouldn't greatly benefit from reading it. If you're like me, you'll turn that last page and finally start to put into action all of those good intentions you've held inside for too long. The Generosity Plan will inspire and uplift you as you create your own plan and help to change the world.
Pajaro
I really enjoyed this book and the inspiring things LeMay had to say about creating a generosity plan to give back in the world and to extend on what we are already doing.
Mrs.soule
Great advice and inspiring.
Dana And
Dana And marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Kay H.
Kay H. added it
Mar 24, 2014
Elena
Elena added it
Jan 15, 2014
Neal Sivula
Neal Sivula marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Natalia ßaptista
Natalia ßaptista marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2013
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2013
Mischaella Foley
Mischaella Foley marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2013
Mauricio Vieira
Mauricio Vieira marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
Olivia Arrow
Olivia Arrow marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2013
Crystal Lee
Crystal Lee is currently reading it
May 09, 2013
Elvia
Elvia marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2013
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2013
Marisol Ybarra
Marisol Ybarra marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Mr.soule
Mr.soule marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2012
Julie
Julie is currently reading it
Oct 23, 2012