Start by marking “The Generosity Plan: Sharing Your Time, Treasure, and Talent to Shape the World” as Want to Read:
The Generosity Plan: Sharing Your Time, Treasure, and Talent to Shape the World

The Generosity Plan: Sharing Your Time, Treasure, and Talent to Shape the World

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  39 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Many of us have the desire to make a difference. But when it comes down to it, how many really know what steps to take and how to fit philanthropy into our lives. The Generosity Plan shows readers the unexpected benefits and joys of generosity in our daily lives. This smart, practical guide to philanthropy illuminates the power of giving by helping readers to discover what ...more
Published January 19th 2010 by Atria Books/Beyond Words (first published December 28th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Generosity Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Generosity Plan

Melissa
May 27, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
This book was full of good ideas. It provided some excellent advice for deciding how, where, and when to donate your time, treasure, and talent. I learned a good deal from this book. My husband and I are putting the things into practice as we make our own generosity plan.
Jen Johnson
Great book for just starting out with volunteering or philanthropy, LeMay does a good job of emphasizing the fact that it's not all just about signing checks and how to discover what you are really passionate about giving your time to. She takes readers through the discovery process and then also the steps of how to put their ideas into action, with information on how to start generosity groups to grow more strength and support for your cause to how to budget your money for charitable giving. Th ...more
Josie
Jun 19, 2014 Josie rated it it was amazing
I found this book very useful in that it steers the reader toward being a philanthropist no matter what the income level. It's really encouraged me to revisit some of the initial principles that drew me to the arts and to teaching. It's also allowed me to reimagine how I'll give to my community--and what that community is--in the future.
Elizabeth R
May 04, 2011 Elizabeth R rated it really liked it
This is a great book for anyone who is wondering how much of their time, talent, and $ they want to give, as a philanthropist. The message I took home is the definition of philanthropy is not what I imagined it to be. Basically, we are all philanthropists any time we give any amount of $, share our time as a volunteer, or give our talents and skills where needed. This book gives practical suggestions on developing a Generosity Plan which is a way to help you visualize how you want your giving to ...more
Rachelle
Mar 04, 2011 Rachelle rated it really liked it
"The Generosity Plan" is about "finding your passion, envisioning a better world, and putting yourself on the path to making that vision a reality." It is filled with personal stories about ordinary people, with a helpful appendiz that summarizes all of the questions, exercises, and tips. I felt inspired but also a little overwhelmed, because I'm not giving back "enough" -- and also, creating a Generosity Plan is work, not spontaneous giving.
Melinda
Jun 11, 2012 Melinda rated it really liked it
I read this book doing research for my own book on charitable giving. It is an inspiring and easy read. Once I put it down I renewed my effort to model generosity for our children. Immediately I picked up my knitting needles to work on a scarf; I knit and donate them to a program for homeless children. Large wallets are not the only road to philanthropic living. Read this book and be inspired!
Karen
Feb 08, 2010 Karen added it
Kathy's book is really something special and I can't think of anyone who wouldn't greatly benefit from reading it. If you're like me, you'll turn that last page and finally start to put into action all of those good intentions you've held inside for too long. The Generosity Plan will inspire and uplift you as you create your own plan and help to change the world.
Pajaro
Jan 15, 2011 Pajaro rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I really enjoyed this book and the inspiring things LeMay had to say about creating a generosity plan to give back in the world and to extend on what we are already doing.
Mrs.soule
Feb 25, 2013 Mrs.soule rated it really liked it
Great advice and inspiring.
Debo
Debo marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Miriam
Miriam marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Brigid
Brigid added it
May 28, 2016
Lyndsey Heng
Lyndsey Heng marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
April
April rated it it was ok
Mar 15, 2016
Hayli
Hayli rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Melissa B
Melissa B marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was ok
Dec 29, 2015
Karen Talley
Karen Talley rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2015
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Keely
Keely marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Corrin VeganStar
Corrin VeganStar rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2015
Jaeleen Bennis
Jaeleen Bennis rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2015
Manda
Manda rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2015
Krista
Krista marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Elizabethdamore
Elizabethdamore rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2015
Roxanne
Roxanne marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Frances Krumholtz
Frances Krumholtz marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Carl Willis
Carl Willis marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Liberty Montano
Liberty Montano rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2015
Hillary Baden
Hillary Baden rated it did not like it
Jan 09, 2015